Re: Nagareboshi Sentai Musumet

  • mellowrg
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2004
      > I have so many questions about this anime.
      >
      > For one thing, who on earth is it FOR?

      I'm mostly dissapointed by the lack of an "the origin of" episode.
      It's a sentai show, darnit. Follow the staples.

      Other than that I'm willing to watch more of it. I'm jaded enough to
      not to be jaded. XD
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2004
        >From: "mellowrg" <mellowrg@...>

        >I'm mostly dissapointed by the lack of an "the origin of" episode.
        >It's a sentai show, darnit. Follow the staples.

        Origina ep to come, I'm bettin'...because, let's face, there is never going
        to be a plot. :-)

        >Other than that I'm willing to watch more of it. I'm jaded enough to
        >not to be jaded. XD

        I know exactly what you mean. :-)

      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2004
          On Oct 4, 2004, at 10:00 PM, atheniag wrote:

          > I have so many questions about this anime.

          Amen.

          > For one thing, who on earth is it FOR? It's fanservice galore and
          > utterly without merit. Stupid and cutsey, without being bad enough to
          > be funny

          Agreed.

          > ...I know that there are people who will like it, and I
          > shudder to think about them. They probabaly don't get out much. lol
          > If you value your sanity, stay away from NSM. Except for Serge - he'll
          > love it. LOL

          Aside from being right, what exactly are you implying here? ;)

          > Right off the top, when we learn that the blue-haired girl is named
          > "Aoi" I knew I was doomed. My first comment was, okay, so the
          > green-haired chick is Midori...I guess the red-head is Kurenai and..lo
          > and behold! I was right. Whee.
          >
          > Then there were the panty shots, and really inexplicable non-henshin
          > hensin.

          I don't know, if it was about fanservice, they could have been more
          blatant about it. But, yeah, totally lazy henshin. It'd be one thing
          if this were a parody, but I think they're playing this one straight,
          as it were. I think it's just crappy.

          > But the moment when the anime became genuinely craptastic, was when
          > the toilet mecha appeared. O_o

          With the "hot" plumber inside. I thought for a second I was watching a
          70's porn or something when he made his first appearance. "Hello,
          ladies. I'm the plumber, and I"ve come to lay some pipe. "

          > Oh, and the end credits have inexplicable yuri, with Shion (the
          > series' resident evil laugh chick, complete with two hench-chicks)
          > nearly kissing Kurenai and vice versa. There's certainly no hint of
          > that in the actual anime. Can you say "service"? I knew you could.

          Yes, Shion of gratuitous Engrish phrases. I think she's actually
          supposed to be a gaijin. Well, who knows where they're going with
          this one.