Nagareboshi Sentai Musumet

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2004
      I have so many questions about this anime.

      For one thing, who on earth is it FOR? It's fanservice galore and
      utterly without merit. Stupid and cutsey, without being bad enough to
      be funny...I know that there are people who will like it, and I
      shudder to think about them. They probabaly don't get out much. lol

      Right off the top, when we learn that the blue-haired girl is named
      "Aoi" I knew I was doomed. My first comment was, okay, so the
      green-haired chick is Midori...I guess the red-head is Kurenai and..lo
      and behold! I was right. Whee.

      Then there were the panty shots, and really inexplicable non-henshin
      hensin.

      But the moment when the anime became genuinely craptastic, was when
      the toilet mecha appeared. O_o

      Okay, I kept watching just *because* it was so awful. But I'm like
      that. If I were in a H.P. Lovecraft novel, I'd probably keep opening
      doors and peering in until I went crazy. :-)

      If you value your sanity, stay away from NSM. Except for Serge - he'll
      love it. LOL

      Oh, and the end credits have inexplicable yuri, with Shion (the
      series' resident evil laugh chick, complete with two hench-chicks)
      nearly kissing Kurenai and vice versa. There's certainly no hint of
      that in the actual anime. Can you say "service"? I knew you could.

    • mellowrg
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2004
        > I have so many questions about this anime.
        >
        > For one thing, who on earth is it FOR?

        I'm mostly dissapointed by the lack of an "the origin of" episode.
        It's a sentai show, darnit. Follow the staples.

        Other than that I'm willing to watch more of it. I'm jaded enough to
        not to be jaded. XD
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2004
          >From: "mellowrg" <mellowrg@...>

          >I'm mostly dissapointed by the lack of an "the origin of" episode.
          >It's a sentai show, darnit. Follow the staples.

          Origina ep to come, I'm bettin'...because, let's face, there is never going
          to be a plot. :-)

          >Other than that I'm willing to watch more of it. I'm jaded enough to
          >not to be jaded. XD

          I know exactly what you mean. :-)

        • Chalcahuite
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 2004
            On Oct 4, 2004, at 10:00 PM, atheniag wrote:

            > I have so many questions about this anime.

            Amen.

            > For one thing, who on earth is it FOR? It's fanservice galore and
            > utterly without merit. Stupid and cutsey, without being bad enough to
            > be funny

            Agreed.

            > ...I know that there are people who will like it, and I
            > shudder to think about them. They probabaly don't get out much. lol
            > If you value your sanity, stay away from NSM. Except for Serge - he'll
            > love it. LOL

            Aside from being right, what exactly are you implying here? ;)

            > Right off the top, when we learn that the blue-haired girl is named
            > "Aoi" I knew I was doomed. My first comment was, okay, so the
            > green-haired chick is Midori...I guess the red-head is Kurenai and..lo
            > and behold! I was right. Whee.
            >
            > Then there were the panty shots, and really inexplicable non-henshin
            > hensin.

            I don't know, if it was about fanservice, they could have been more
            blatant about it. But, yeah, totally lazy henshin. It'd be one thing
            if this were a parody, but I think they're playing this one straight,
            as it were. I think it's just crappy.

            > But the moment when the anime became genuinely craptastic, was when
            > the toilet mecha appeared. O_o

            With the "hot" plumber inside. I thought for a second I was watching a
            70's porn or something when he made his first appearance. "Hello,
            ladies. I'm the plumber, and I"ve come to lay some pipe. "

            > Oh, and the end credits have inexplicable yuri, with Shion (the
            > series' resident evil laugh chick, complete with two hench-chicks)
            > nearly kissing Kurenai and vice versa. There's certainly no hint of
            > that in the actual anime. Can you say "service"? I knew you could.

            Yes, Shion of gratuitous Engrish phrases. I think she's actually
            supposed to be a gaijin. Well, who knows where they're going with
            this one.