Exciting Yuricon event news!

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2004
      Hi all,

      We've got two exciting announcements for Yuricon events coming up!

      Saturday, October 9 (2PM - ish) at AnimeNation in Tampa Florida,
      (http://www.animenation.com for directions to their retail store) I'll
      be doing a general overview of yaoi and yuri, past present and future,
      with a focus on yaoi and yuri manga available in English. Bring
      questions and cash! LOL

      April 12-17, 2005 - Tokyo, Japan, get ready to bring Yuricon to Tokyo
      in April 2005: Official events will kick off on April 12 in Ikebukuro,
      with daily mini-tours to museums, Tokyo Tower, Tokyo-area attractions
      and lots, and lots of manga and anime shopping! To top it all off,
      we'll be having a party in the home of yuri manga - the Nichoume in
      Shinjuku on April 17. Bring your best singing voice, all the cheesy
      Japanese phrases you can muster, and get ready to meet some of Japan's
      best-loved yuri mangaka, as we party the night away.

      Watch the Yuricon Events page (http://www.yuricon.org/events/) for
      updates and info, but save the dates right NOW! Don't miss *your*
      chance to be part of the Yuri Revolution!
    • Ms Kesu Kirihi
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 4, 2004
        Gyaaaahhh..!! I will be in Japan about three weeks too
        early due to my university spring break ;_; Is there
        any site or anything that details the locations of
        these places? I'd like to try to at least visit some
        of them on my trip, even if I can't be there with the
        group.

        - Kes

        > April 12-17, 2005 - Tokyo, Japan, get ready to bring
        > Yuricon to Tokyo
        > in April 2005: Official events will kick off on
        > April 12 in Ikebukuro,
        > with daily mini-tours to museums, Tokyo Tower,
        > Tokyo-area attractions
        > and lots, and lots of manga and anime shopping! To
        > top it all off,
        > we'll be having a party in the home of yuri manga -
        > the Nichoume in
        > Shinjuku on April 17. Bring your best singing voice,
        > all the cheesy
        > Japanese phrases you can muster, and get ready to
        > meet some of Japan's
        > best-loved yuri mangaka, as we party the night away.
        >
        > Watch the Yuricon Events page
        > (http://www.yuricon.org/events/) for
        > updates and info, but save the dates right NOW!
        > Don't miss *your*
        > chance to be part of the Yuri Revolution!

        http://vote.yahoo.com
      • Clarissa Smith
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4, 2004
          Squee!!!

          --
          Clarissa Cates-Smith Ryan
          claris@...
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 4, 2004

            Hi, Kes

            where in Japan are you coming in your spring vacation?
            Tokyo? Kyoto? Osaka?
            i live in Tokyo, so let me know your schedule when you fix it,
            why dont we meet and have some nice time to go around Tokyo city?
            and please help me  my prepareing for Yuricon'05 , LOL.

            Emi

            受信日時: 04.10.5 7:21:27 AM、 kesuchan@... からの引用:

            Gyaaaahhh..!! I will be in Japan about three weeks too
            early due to my university spring break ;_; Is there
            any site or anything that details the locations of
            these places? I'd like to try to at least visit some
            of them on my trip, even if I can't be there with the
            group.

            - Kes

          • shenotski
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 4, 2004
              Wow japan. Wish i could go. Have fun for me all (without the jet lag)
            • froggie

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 5, 2004
                  >From: Koemy@...

                  >Hi, Kes
                  >
                  >where in Japan are you coming in your spring vacation?
                  >Tokyo? Kyoto? Osaka?
                  >i live in Tokyo, so let me know your schedule when you fix it,
                  >why dont we meet and have some nice time to go around Tokyo city?
                  >and please help me my prepareing for Yuricon'05 , LOL.

                  What a great idea! :-)

                  Everyone - let me re-introduce Emi, our good friend, purveyor of fine yuri
                  and the event coordinator for Yuricon 2005.

                  Everyone, please say hi to Emi and thank her for all her hard work! Many of
                  you have already met her at Yuricon 2003, where she was one of our Guests of
                  Honor, the delightful Rica Takashima, author of "Rica 'tte Kanji!?"

                  Emi is also trying to get us a table at Winter Comiket for ALC Publishing!
                  How cool is that? :-)

                • Ms Kesu Kirihi
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 6, 2004
                    Thank you so much for inviting me! :D I am still
                    planning this trip with two of my friends. We are
                    thinking of staying in Kyoto, but I think we could
                    visit you in Tokyo as well. I would love to help out
                    with preparing for Yuricon '05 :D I will talk with
                    them later and e-mail you privately about it soon.

                    Thanks! ^_^

                    http://mail.yahoo.com