Re: [Yuricon] Re: Madlax 26

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2004
      On Sep 28, 2004, at 9:12 PM, atheniag wrote:

      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jones <adam@y...> wrote:
      >
      > Let me say this one, entirely non-spoiler thing.
      > It is *your* fault, Adam, that I was giggling in public, while
      > watching Madlax 25, and listening Friday Monday laughing for 20
      > straight minutes.
      >
      > He REALLY has the worst laugh ever. I was howling on the train
      > listening to it. I must have looked mad as a porridge knife, laughing
      > at what would obviously look, with no sound, like a seious action
      > show, with guns pointing in every direction.

      Blame it on the Beetrain for introducing us to the most. inane.
      villian. ever.

      > Let me also say that I *really* enjoyed the ending of this. It was not
      > what I expected at all, but very satisfying, if wildly ridiculous. :-)

      Not what I was expecting either, a bit un-BeeTrain like.

      >> Spoiler space
      >>

      >> (Although given how much Japanese I know, it
      >> hardly seems worth the worry)

      >> Friday Monday seems to have regained his eye, so Madlax shoots him
      > some
      >> more. (Go Madlax!) He vanishes in a very non-permanent kind of
      > way.
      >
      > He could not have died enough. I wanted Madlax to kill him a few more
      > times.

      Me too. If there was anybody who ever needed killin', as they say, he
      was it. Although, I would prefer the more satisfying emptying the clip
      into his corpse, reloading and then doing it again.

      >> Madlax lays waste to an entire church-full of heavily-armed hench
      >
      > In a decidely game-like sequence, which I am sure was the point

      Ah yes, the mooks, to once again remind us that Madlax gots mad skillz
      and to soak up the bullets she should have been drilling FM with.

      >> Back in the elseworld, Margaret climbs towards a large mirrored
      > gateway.
      >> Vanessa, Eleanor and Carossur tell her to open it, so she does.
      >
      > No. She steps up to the doors and, as Kuanjitta had told her, to think
      > of the things she wished to be. She imagines Vanessa, Eleanor and
      > Carlossur saying utterly normal things to her. For instance, Carlossur
      > says, "there are flowers here."
      >
      > It's meant to seem as if she is wishing them back, but of course, she
      > isn't. She is accepting their deaths.

      Well, at least somebody is. From a story standpoint I see why it makes
      sense and it's better, but it kinda soured me a bit. Maybe, because
      Minako came back and Vanessa didn't. Oh well, maybe I'll feel better
      about it, when I get the DVD.

      >> Over the ending credits, we see Margaret and her little sister
      > watching
      >> the sunset. Meanwhile, Rimelda (who's looking decidedly happy and
      >> rather cute) is driving Madlax somewhere in her jeep. Madlax calls
      > her
      >> "baka" quite affectionately, and says she wants to cook some pasta
      > when
      >> she gets home. 3-Speed(?) calls her on her mobile, and the two
      > women
      >> drive off into the sunset together...
      >>

      > Wasn;t that a really great scene? I mean, it was something totally
      > unexpected, IMHO. But it was really good.

      Yes, though, I think it's settling. I would have preferred Vanessa and
      Madlax, but I'll take Rimelda and Madlax. I imagine that Rimelda is
      realizing that when she was saying "please, kill me" all those times to
      Madlax she was confusing the word "kill" with the word "f*ck." ;)

      >> So, no reset that I could make out, but we *do* appear to at least
      > get a
      >> chance at some Madlax/Rimelda slashiness. (Poor Vanessa! But
      > hooray
      >> anyway. :)
      >
      > But Vanessa and Eleanor are in heaven together, so in a totally loser
      > way, they are together. :-)

      How very 1974. I guess since this is the year of Yuri, some people were
      bound to go ol' skool on us. Now, if they did the OTT melodrama style,
      I'd be so there. ;) I'm all about that kind of ol' skool.

      > This series goes on my "must have" list, definitely.

      Same. Despite the whole Vanessa thing, I really enjoyed this series,
      and am sad to see it end.

      There looks to be some series debuting this season that have some
      potential, hopefully, none of those go all ol' skool on us. While I do
      enjoy the tragedy, I prefer happy endings for my yuri. I also need to
      find another series to speculate wildly and wrongly about, it's
      starting to become a tradition. ;)

      -==-
      Serge
      "Everybody's feeling fine, because it's party time!"
    • Nicole
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 3, 2004
        Like what Chal said above, an english sub has been done for madlax
        26. As I delayed downloading the ep due to my concentrating on
        finishing up other downloads, I was surprised to find what looks
        like a bitorrent english sub of the ep. Haven't exactly watched it
        yet, audio is a little funny and subtitles sorta tiny,overall a good
        job plus I'm grateful to onearmsicssors for it and thanks Adam for
        posting the link. Here's the link
        http://www.mirkx.com.nyud.net:8090/search.php?search=madlax Sorry
        for taking up space! Just felt like posting.
      • Nicole
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 3, 2004
          Sorry, ignore my former post. The link has already been stated.