Re: [Yuricon] Re: Madlax 26 Please, help!

  • Trishane Lee
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2004
      Same here. If anyone knows anywhere to find Madlax 26 subbed I'd be in their debt for life. Please?!

      Shane
      *worships*

      the_judy_justice <the_judy_justice@...> wrote:

      Er...

      Madlax got liscensed.
      That's great but... Having one episode left to see, that's rough.

      Is there any fansub of the 26th episode in someone's hardrive?

      God I would love to see it...

      Let's rephrase...

      I'm dying to see it.

      I'd be in debt for the end of times to the person who'd help me get
      it.

      -Judy  (crossing fingers)

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • the_judy_justice
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2004
        Okay shane,

        I found the ep at the link indicated by Adam

        ---> http://www.mirkx.com.nyud.net:8090/search.php?search=madlax

        It seems to download so far although I had to right click on the
        link to get the Torrent.

        Whew...

        I'll keep my fingers crossed until then

        Download it quick before it disappear...

        Ja ne!

        -Judy

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Trishane Lee <haruka_clone@y...>
        wrote:
        > Same here. If anyone knows anywhere to find Madlax 26 subbed I'd
        be in their debt for life. Please?!

        > Shane
        > *worships*
        >
        > the_judy_justice <the_judy_justice@y...> wrote:
        >

        > Er...
        >
        > Madlax got liscensed.
        > That's great but... Having one episode left to see, that's rough.
        >
        > Is there any fansub of the 26th episode in someone's hardrive?
        >
        > God I would love to see it...
        >
        > Let's rephrase...
        >
        > I'm dying to see it.
        >
        > I'd be in debt for the end of times to the person who'd help me
        get
        > it.
        >

        > -Judy (crossing fingers)
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Service.

      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 2, 2004
          On Oct 2, 2004, at 9:58 PM, the_judy_justice wrote:

          > Er...
          >
          > Madlax got liscensed.
          > That's great but... Having one episode left to see, that's rough.
          >
          > Is there any fansub of the 26th episode in someone's hardrive?
          >
          > God I would love to see it...
          >
          > Let's rephrase...
          >
          > I'm dying to see it.
          >
          > I'd be in debt for the end of times to the person who'd help me get
          > it.

          There was a BT link posted on Mirkx yesterday. It's a quick and dirty
          sub, LQ, based on a chinese fansub and then corrected, so the English
          is awkward in places, but it's not horribly, frustratingly wrong.
          Onearmedscissor is the name of the "group", although it's just one guy.
          . . .

          -==-
          Serge
          "Everybody's feeling fine, because it's party time!"
        • Chalcahuite
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 2, 2004
            On Sep 28, 2004, at 9:12 PM, atheniag wrote:

            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jones <adam@y...> wrote:
            >
            > Let me say this one, entirely non-spoiler thing.
            > It is *your* fault, Adam, that I was giggling in public, while
            > watching Madlax 25, and listening Friday Monday laughing for 20
            > straight minutes.
            >
            > He REALLY has the worst laugh ever. I was howling on the train
            > listening to it. I must have looked mad as a porridge knife, laughing
            > at what would obviously look, with no sound, like a seious action
            > show, with guns pointing in every direction.

            Blame it on the Beetrain for introducing us to the most. inane.
            villian. ever.

            > Let me also say that I *really* enjoyed the ending of this. It was not
            > what I expected at all, but very satisfying, if wildly ridiculous. :-)

            Not what I was expecting either, a bit un-BeeTrain like.

            >> Spoiler space
            >>

            >> (Although given how much Japanese I know, it
            >> hardly seems worth the worry)

            >> Friday Monday seems to have regained his eye, so Madlax shoots him
            > some
            >> more. (Go Madlax!) He vanishes in a very non-permanent kind of
            > way.
            >
            > He could not have died enough. I wanted Madlax to kill him a few more
            > times.

            Me too. If there was anybody who ever needed killin', as they say, he
            was it. Although, I would prefer the more satisfying emptying the clip
            into his corpse, reloading and then doing it again.

            >> Madlax lays waste to an entire church-full of heavily-armed hench
            >
            > In a decidely game-like sequence, which I am sure was the point

            Ah yes, the mooks, to once again remind us that Madlax gots mad skillz
            and to soak up the bullets she should have been drilling FM with.

            >> Back in the elseworld, Margaret climbs towards a large mirrored
            > gateway.
            >> Vanessa, Eleanor and Carossur tell her to open it, so she does.
            >
            > No. She steps up to the doors and, as Kuanjitta had told her, to think
            > of the things she wished to be. She imagines Vanessa, Eleanor and
            > Carlossur saying utterly normal things to her. For instance, Carlossur
            > says, "there are flowers here."
            >
            > It's meant to seem as if she is wishing them back, but of course, she
            > isn't. She is accepting their deaths.

            Well, at least somebody is. From a story standpoint I see why it makes
            sense and it's better, but it kinda soured me a bit. Maybe, because
            Minako came back and Vanessa didn't. Oh well, maybe I'll feel better
            about it, when I get the DVD.

            >> Over the ending credits, we see Margaret and her little sister
            > watching
            >> the sunset. Meanwhile, Rimelda (who's looking decidedly happy and
            >> rather cute) is driving Madlax somewhere in her jeep. Madlax calls
            > her
            >> "baka" quite affectionately, and says she wants to cook some pasta
            > when
            >> she gets home. 3-Speed(?) calls her on her mobile, and the two
            > women
            >> drive off into the sunset together...
            >>

            > Wasn;t that a really great scene? I mean, it was something totally
            > unexpected, IMHO. But it was really good.

            Yes, though, I think it's settling. I would have preferred Vanessa and
            Madlax, but I'll take Rimelda and Madlax. I imagine that Rimelda is
            realizing that when she was saying "please, kill me" all those times to
            Madlax she was confusing the word "kill" with the word "f*ck." ;)

            >> So, no reset that I could make out, but we *do* appear to at least
            > get a
            >> chance at some Madlax/Rimelda slashiness. (Poor Vanessa! But
            > hooray
            >> anyway. :)
            >
            > But Vanessa and Eleanor are in heaven together, so in a totally loser
            > way, they are together. :-)

            How very 1974. I guess since this is the year of Yuri, some people were
            bound to go ol' skool on us. Now, if they did the OTT melodrama style,
            I'd be so there. ;) I'm all about that kind of ol' skool.

            > This series goes on my "must have" list, definitely.

            Same. Despite the whole Vanessa thing, I really enjoyed this series,
            and am sad to see it end.

            There looks to be some series debuting this season that have some
            potential, hopefully, none of those go all ol' skool on us. While I do
            enjoy the tragedy, I prefer happy endings for my yuri. I also need to
            find another series to speculate wildly and wrongly about, it's
            starting to become a tradition. ;)

            -==-
            Serge
            "Everybody's feeling fine, because it's party time!"
          • Nicole
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 3, 2004
              Like what Chal said above, an english sub has been done for madlax
              26. As I delayed downloading the ep due to my concentrating on
              finishing up other downloads, I was surprised to find what looks
              like a bitorrent english sub of the ep. Haven't exactly watched it
              yet, audio is a little funny and subtitles sorta tiny,overall a good
              job plus I'm grateful to onearmsicssors for it and thanks Adam for
              posting the link. Here's the link
              http://www.mirkx.com.nyud.net:8090/search.php?search=madlax Sorry
              for taking up space! Just felt like posting.
            • Nicole
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 3, 2004
                Sorry, ignore my former post. The link has already been stated.