Re: Haru 8 sub thoughts

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atua101" <atua@i...> wrote:
      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, sean@c... wrote:
      > > I think, more than anything, this shows that the

      > The only explanation I can give is that they were on a bit of a power
      > trip from being newly made Rosas, and that Sachiko is trying to live
      > up to Youko's name by forcing the situation. Not that Youko would
      > *ever* have been so clumsy, heavy handed and overly melodramatic about
      > it.

      That's how I see it.

      > What I don't understand is why Rei went along with it, and why
      > Yoshino let Rei get away with Touko's plan, since there's no love lost
      > between Yoshino & Touko?

      I'm sticking with feeling her oats. She's used to being good, and kind
      and quiet. Here was a teeny weeny chance for her to play "Look I'm
      Rosa Foetida" and she did, with a smirk on her face the whole time.

      Once again, I'm hoping that the novel has some insight into this - it
      may be that Rei and Sachiko knew that this was what they had to do,
      for some reason we aren't aware of, in the anime.

      > > Oh well, there's still lots of wonderful thigs here,
      > > notably anything with Shimako and Noriko together, and
      > > Touko's 'I played a great villain' line that had me
      > > howling with laughter. The wacky Scooby Doo ending
      > > makes a little more sense now.
      >
      > The villain line had me laughing out loud, it was so transparently
      > evil. :)

      It was actually quite cute, considering that of course, she *is* the
      "evil" character and, like so many truly hurtful selfish people, has
      no idea that she is either, but thinks she's "helping" other people.
      Can't tell you how much damage I've seen people like that do...