Madlax 26

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 28, 2004
      Spoiler space

      (Although given how much Japanese I know, it
      hardly seems worth the worry)

      Okay, so all I could tell was that a lot of the conversations in this
      episode seemed to involve the truth, the world, and belief. (Good at
      this, aren't I? ;) If someone who actually speaks Japanese wants to
      give a saner summary, I'd be very grateful...

      So we begin with Kuanjitta wittering about destiny. She really doesn't
      seem to have had much point in this series overall, given that she
      doesn't actually do anything in this episode either.

      Then Madlax tells Margaret how she's the killer within her (and
      something
      about her heart). Letitia says that she's also a part of Margaret.

      Friday Monday seems to have regained his eye, so Madlax shoots him some
      more. (Go Madlax!) He vanishes in a very non-permanent kind of way.

      Madlax offers Margaret her gun. She and Letitia explain something about
      how they need to rejoin Margaret (I think) - something to do with the
      books, perhaps. Margaret says she's scared. Madlax says something
      which sounds like she's saying she wants to be able to be with Vanessa
      and Eleanor... and I think Letitia says she wants to be with Poupee.

      Rimelda is watching with Nahal (although what they're actually seeing,
      given that everyone's in the elseworld right now, is a matter for
      debate) and seems very concerned about Madlax.

      Margaret invites Madlax and Letitia to take her hands; Madlax's gun and
      Letitia the doll drop to the floor, so their human incarnations have
      likely rejoined Margaret somehow. And oh, look! Friday Monday's back
      again. Shoot him some more, someone, and see if he takes the hint this
      time!

      He's still trying to convince Margaret that he's her father (or
      something alone those lines), but Margaret seems to have clued in that
      her Dad was the one who tried to kill her. She picks up Letitia and
      fondles the Madlax-gun, whilst Friday Monday starts breaking down the
      wall between the worlds.

      He cackles annoyingly. Then Margaret grabs the gun and points it at
      him. She must not hate his blathering as much as the rest of us,
      because she dithers for quite a while without blowing his head off. He
      tries to convince her that she really doesn't want to kill him, but she
      starts going rather Madlax on him. Finally, he tries to shoot her, but
      Margaret-lax has the power to manipulate the Matrix, and cheerfully
      watches his bullets ricochet around her before finally (finally!)
      shooting him.

      He wakes up back in his church-of-cackling, just in time for Madlax to
      burst through the doors. Apparently he needs shooting in several worlds
      just to get the hint. Yeesh.

      Madlax lays waste to an entire church-full of heavily-armed hench (and
      those expensive computers), and then inexplicably decides to let Friday
      Monday shoot her before she gives him a lead injection too. He grabs at
      the books for a minute, before finally dying. (And there was much
      rejoicing!) Kuanjitta teleports in to gloat for a bit.

      Back in the elseworld, Margaret climbs towards a large mirrored gateway.
      Vanessa, Eleanor and Carossur tell her to open it, so she does.

      Back in the real world, she finds Madlax (who's still rather the worse
      for wear) and hugs her for a bit, saying "thank you" and "sorry" in a
      way that probably includes a lot of exposition. Letitia appears, and
      Margaret invites her to be her sister (or that's what it sounds like) in
      the real world.

      Over the ending credits, we see Margaret and her little sister watching
      the sunset. Meanwhile, Rimelda (who's looking decidedly happy and
      rather cute) is driving Madlax somewhere in her jeep. Madlax calls her
      "baka" quite affectionately, and says she wants to cook some pasta when
      she gets home. 3-Speed(?) calls her on her mobile, and the two women
      drive off into the sunset together...

      So, no reset that I could make out, but we *do* appear to at least get a
      chance at some Madlax/Rimelda slashiness. (Poor Vanessa! But hooray
      anyway. :)

      I suspect there's a fairly clear link intended between the three facets
      of Margaret represented by her, Madlax and Letitia and the three books.
      .oO("I'm the *ninja consultant* for the Decepticons!" )
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 28, 2004
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jones <adam@y...> wrote:

        Let me say this one, entirely non-spoiler thing.
        It is *your* fault, Adam, that I was giggling in public, while
        watching Madlax 25, and listening Friday Monday laughing for 20
        straight minutes.

        He REALLY has the worst laugh ever. I was howling on the train
        listening to it. I must have looked mad as a porridge knife, laughing
        at what would obviously look, with no sound, like a seious action
        show, with guns pointing in every direction.

        Let me also say that I *really* enjoyed the ending of this. It was not
        what I expected at all, but very satisfying, if wildly ridiculous. :-)

        > Spoiler space
        >

        > (Although given how much Japanese I know, it
        > hardly seems worth the worry)
        >

        > Okay, so all I could tell was that a lot of the conversations in
        this
        > episode seemed to involve the truth, the world, and belief. (Good
        at
        > this, aren't I? ;) If someone who actually speaks Japanese wants to
        > give a saner summary, I'd be very grateful...

        I was amazed that I completely understood everything Margaret and
        Madlax discussed. In short, Madlax told Margaret to kill her, so she,
        Maragaret could move on and Madlax could be with her friends Vanessa
        and Eleanor. Leticia agrees, because she's lonely and not really real.
        Now that Pupe's gone, she wants to end.

        Margaret choese to live with them both within her - because that is
        *her* real truth.

        > So we begin with Kuanjitta wittering about destiny. She really
        doesn't
        > seem to have had much point in this series overall, given that she
        > doesn't actually do anything in this episode either.

        Except give her life so Madlax can live, you mean?

        > Friday Monday seems to have regained his eye, so Madlax shoots him
        some
        > more. (Go Madlax!) He vanishes in a very non-permanent kind of
        way.

        He could not have died enough. I wanted Madlax to kill him a few more
        times.
        > He's still trying to convince Margaret that he's her father (or
        > something alone those lines), but Margaret seems to have clued in
        that
        > her Dad was the one who tried to kill her. She picks up Letitia and
        > fondles the Madlax-gun, whilst Friday Monday starts breaking down
        the
        > wall between the worlds.

        Yes, she understands, but she also knows that it was FM's fault that
        he did so. She tells him flat out that it was his fault.

        > He cackles annoyingly. Then Margaret grabs the gun and points it at
        > him. She must not hate his blathering as much as the rest of us,
        > because she dithers for quite a while without blowing his head off.
        He
        > tries to convince her that she really doesn't want to kill him, but
        she
        > starts going rather Madlax on him.

        Not rather Madlax...she GOES Madlax. Her body language echoes Madlax's
        completely. She IS Madlax now, which makes sense because in a sense
        she was always Madlax.

        > Madlax lays waste to an entire church-full of heavily-armed hench

        In a decidely game-like sequence, which I am sure was the point

        > Back in the elseworld, Margaret climbs towards a large mirrored
        gateway.
        > Vanessa, Eleanor and Carossur tell her to open it, so she does.

        No. She steps up to the doors and, as Kuanjitta had told her, to think
        of the things she wished to be. She imagines Vanessa, Eleanor and
        Carlossur saying utterly normal things to her. For instance, Carlossur
        says, "there are flowers here."

        It's meant to seem as if she is wishing them back, but of course, she
        isn't. She is accepting their deaths.

        > Back in the real world, she finds Madlax (who's still rather the
        worse
        > for wear) and hugs her for a bit, saying "thank you" and "sorry" in
        > way that probably includes a lot of exposition.

        She is apologizing for making Madlax separate again. Because when
        Madlax was just a facet of margaret, she could stand the pain, sincde
        it wasn;t hers. But now that she is a real person of her own being,
        her pain will have to be her own. Or close enough to make no
        nevermind.

        Letitia appears, and
        > Margaret invites her to be her sister (or that's what it sounds
        like) in
        > the real world.

        Yup.

        > Over the ending credits, we see Margaret and her little sister
        watching
        > the sunset. Meanwhile, Rimelda (who's looking decidedly happy and
        > rather cute) is driving Madlax somewhere in her jeep. Madlax calls
        her
        > "baka" quite affectionately, and says she wants to cook some pasta
        when
        > she gets home. 3-Speed(?) calls her on her mobile, and the two
        women
        > drive off into the sunset together...

        Wasn;t that a really great scene? I mean, it was something totally
        unexpected, IMHO. But it was really good.

        > So, no reset that I could make out, but we *do* appear to at least
        get a
        > chance at some Madlax/Rimelda slashiness. (Poor Vanessa! But
        hooray
        > anyway. :)

        But Vanessa and Eleanor are in heaven together, so in a totally loser
        way, they are together. :-)

        > I suspect there's a fairly clear link intended between the three
        facets
        > of Margaret represented by her, Madlax and Letitia and the three
        books.

        We weren't really given any info on the nature of each individual
        book, so while it's possible, I don't think it's clear at all. OTOH,
        the books are now gone, so it hardly matters.

        Leticia becoming real was wildly unexpected, but in many ways I think
        it was brilliant. This series goes on my "must have" list, definitely.

      • Adam Jones
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 28, 2004
          On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 01:12:33 -0000, "atheniag"
          <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jones <adam@y...> wrote:

          > Let me say this one, entirely non-spoiler thing.
          > It is *your* fault, Adam, that I was giggling in public, while
          > watching Madlax 25, and listening Friday Monday laughing for 20
          > straight minutes.

          Glad to be of service... (What did I do, again? I forget.)

          > Let me also say that I *really* enjoyed the ending of this. It was not
          > what I expected at all, but very satisfying, if wildly ridiculous. :-)

          It certainly wasn't a let-down, which is definitely a good thing.

          > > Spoiler space
          > >

          > > (Although given how much Japanese I know, it
          > > hardly seems worth the worry)
          > >

          > I was amazed that I completely understood everything Margaret and
          > Madlax discussed. In short, Madlax told Margaret to kill her

          Glad to see I had roughly the right idea there, then.

          > > So we begin with Kuanjitta wittering about destiny. She really
          > doesn't
          > > seem to have had much point in this series overall, given that she
          > > doesn't actually do anything in this episode either.
          > Except give her life so Madlax can live, you mean?

          Ohhhhh... That would explain the Split Ends Of Destiny, then. Of
          course, there was still absolutely *no* reason for Madlax to get shot by
          Man Friday in the first place, but hey... At least it ties in with what
          she was saying in episode 25 about giving up her life.

          > > Friday Monday seems to have regained his eye, so Madlax shoots him
          > > some more. (Go Madlax!)
          > He could not have died enough. I wanted Madlax to kill him a few more
          > times.

          He's already been shot six(!) times in this series (Colonel Burton,
          Carossur, Madlax, Madlax, Margaret, and then Madlax yet again). Any
          more would have been well past the point of ridiculousness...

          > > He cackles annoyingly. Then Margaret grabs the gun and points it at
          > > him. She must not hate his blathering as much as the rest of us,
          > > because she dithers for quite a while without blowing his head off.
          > > He tries to convince her that she really doesn't want to kill him,
          > > but she starts going rather Madlax on him.
          > Not rather Madlax...she GOES Madlax. Her body language echoes Madlax's
          > completely.

          Yes. That pose was something of a give-away. It was only "rather"
          prior to that point.

          > > Madlax lays waste to an entire church-full of heavily-armed hench
          > In a decidely game-like sequence, which I am sure was the point

          Ooh, you cynic, you. ;)

          > No. She steps up to the doors and, as Kuanjitta had told her, to think
          > of the things she wished to be.

          Ah...

          > She imagines Vanessa, Eleanor and Carlossur saying utterly normal
          > things to her. For instance, Carlossur says, "there are flowers here."

          I caught that what they were saying was pretty mundane, but it seemed
          like it might've been encouragement if I'd had more context.

          > It's meant to seem as if she is wishing them back, but of course, she
          > isn't. She is accepting their deaths.

          However, your version works better, of course. :)

          > > Meanwhile, Rimelda (who's looking decidedly happy and rather cute)
          > > is driving Madlax somewhere in her jeep. Madlax calls her "baka"
          > > quite affectionately, and says she wants to cook some pasta when she
          > > gets home. 3-Speed(?) calls her on her mobile, and the two women
          > > drive off into the sunset together...
          > Wasn;t that a really great scene? I mean, it was something totally
          > unexpected, IMHO. But it was really good.

          Oh, definitely. It's a nice way to close for those two. I have a
          feeling they might set up in business together somewhere. Perhaps they
          could go the whole hog and call themselves "Noir"...

          > > So, no reset that I could make out, but we *do* appear to at least
          > > get a chance at some Madlax/Rimelda slashiness. (Poor Vanessa! But
          > > hooray anyway. :)
          > But Vanessa and Eleanor are in heaven together, so in a totally loser
          > way, they are together. :-)

          True...

          > Leticia becoming real was wildly unexpected, but in many ways I think
          > it was brilliant. This series goes on my "must have" list, definitely.

          I suspect ADV will be getting another boatload of my money as well. :)
          .oO("Did I do it? Did I raise your hand?" )
        • Nicole
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 30, 2004
            Hey Adam, is it okay if you tell me where to get the raw for madlax
            26 that you got? Is it still avalible as well? Thanks!
          • Adam Jones
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 30, 2004
              On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:55:08 -0000, "Nicole" <kittyritz12@...>
              wrote:

              > Hey Adam, is it okay if you tell me where to get the raw for madlax
              > 26 that you got? Is it still avalible as well? Thanks!

              Well, I grabbed it via BitTorrent from:

              http://www.mirkx.com.nyud.net:8090/search.php?search=madlax

              There seem to be two separate trackers for it. No idea which of them
              might still be running, but I got the l33t-raws one.
              .oO("Your still "a bit to general"." )
            • Nicole
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
                Thanks for your help Adam! Yeah, there seems to be a prob with one
                of the downloads.
              • the_judy_justice
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 2, 2004
                  Er...

                  Madlax got liscensed.
                  That's great but... Having one episode left to see, that's rough.

                  Is there any fansub of the 26th episode in someone's hardrive?

                  God I would love to see it...

                  Let's rephrase...

                  I'm dying to see it.

                  I'd be in debt for the end of times to the person who'd help me get
                  it.

                  -Judy (crossing fingers)
                • Trishane Lee
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 2, 2004
                    Same here. If anyone knows anywhere to find Madlax 26 subbed I'd be in their debt for life. Please?!

                    Shane
                    *worships*

                    the_judy_justice <the_judy_justice@...> wrote:

                    Er...

                    Madlax got liscensed.
                    That's great but... Having one episode left to see, that's rough.

                    Is there any fansub of the 26th episode in someone's hardrive?

                    God I would love to see it...

                    Let's rephrase...

                    I'm dying to see it.

                    I'd be in debt for the end of times to the person who'd help me get
                    it.

                    -Judy  (crossing fingers)

                    Do you Yahoo!?

                  • the_judy_justice
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 2, 2004
                      Okay shane,

                      I found the ep at the link indicated by Adam

                      ---> http://www.mirkx.com.nyud.net:8090/search.php?search=madlax

                      It seems to download so far although I had to right click on the
                      link to get the Torrent.

                      Whew...

                      I'll keep my fingers crossed until then

                      Download it quick before it disappear...

                      Ja ne!

                      -Judy

                      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Trishane Lee <haruka_clone@y...>
                      wrote:
                      > Same here. If anyone knows anywhere to find Madlax 26 subbed I'd
                      be in their debt for life. Please?!

                      > Shane
                      > *worships*
                      >
                      > the_judy_justice <the_judy_justice@y...> wrote:
                      >

                      > Er...
                      >
                      > Madlax got liscensed.
                      > That's great but... Having one episode left to see, that's rough.
                      >
                      > Is there any fansub of the 26th episode in someone's hardrive?
                      >
                      > God I would love to see it...
                      >
                      > Let's rephrase...
                      >
                      > I'm dying to see it.
                      >
                      > I'd be in debt for the end of times to the person who'd help me
                      get
                      > it.
                      >

                      > -Judy (crossing fingers)
                      >

                      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                      Service.

                    • Chalcahuite
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 2, 2004
                        On Oct 2, 2004, at 9:58 PM, the_judy_justice wrote:

                        > Er...
                        >
                        > Madlax got liscensed.
                        > That's great but... Having one episode left to see, that's rough.
                        >
                        > Is there any fansub of the 26th episode in someone's hardrive?
                        >
                        > God I would love to see it...
                        >
                        > Let's rephrase...
                        >
                        > I'm dying to see it.
                        >
                        > I'd be in debt for the end of times to the person who'd help me get
                        > it.

                        There was a BT link posted on Mirkx yesterday. It's a quick and dirty
                        sub, LQ, based on a chinese fansub and then corrected, so the English
                        is awkward in places, but it's not horribly, frustratingly wrong.
                        Onearmedscissor is the name of the "group", although it's just one guy.
                        . . .

                        -==-
                        Serge
                        "Everybody's feeling fine, because it's party time!"
                      • Chalcahuite
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 2, 2004
                          On Sep 28, 2004, at 9:12 PM, atheniag wrote:

                          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jones <adam@y...> wrote:
                          >
                          > Let me say this one, entirely non-spoiler thing.
                          > It is *your* fault, Adam, that I was giggling in public, while
                          > watching Madlax 25, and listening Friday Monday laughing for 20
                          > straight minutes.
                          >
                          > He REALLY has the worst laugh ever. I was howling on the train
                          > listening to it. I must have looked mad as a porridge knife, laughing
                          > at what would obviously look, with no sound, like a seious action
                          > show, with guns pointing in every direction.

                          Blame it on the Beetrain for introducing us to the most. inane.
                          villian. ever.

                          > Let me also say that I *really* enjoyed the ending of this. It was not
                          > what I expected at all, but very satisfying, if wildly ridiculous. :-)

                          Not what I was expecting either, a bit un-BeeTrain like.

                          >> Spoiler space
                          >>

                          >> (Although given how much Japanese I know, it
                          >> hardly seems worth the worry)

                          >> Friday Monday seems to have regained his eye, so Madlax shoots him
                          > some
                          >> more. (Go Madlax!) He vanishes in a very non-permanent kind of
                          > way.
                          >
                          > He could not have died enough. I wanted Madlax to kill him a few more
                          > times.

                          Me too. If there was anybody who ever needed killin', as they say, he
                          was it. Although, I would prefer the more satisfying emptying the clip
                          into his corpse, reloading and then doing it again.

                          >> Madlax lays waste to an entire church-full of heavily-armed hench
                          >
                          > In a decidely game-like sequence, which I am sure was the point

                          Ah yes, the mooks, to once again remind us that Madlax gots mad skillz
                          and to soak up the bullets she should have been drilling FM with.

                          >> Back in the elseworld, Margaret climbs towards a large mirrored
                          > gateway.
                          >> Vanessa, Eleanor and Carossur tell her to open it, so she does.
                          >
                          > No. She steps up to the doors and, as Kuanjitta had told her, to think
                          > of the things she wished to be. She imagines Vanessa, Eleanor and
                          > Carlossur saying utterly normal things to her. For instance, Carlossur
                          > says, "there are flowers here."
                          >
                          > It's meant to seem as if she is wishing them back, but of course, she
                          > isn't. She is accepting their deaths.

                          Well, at least somebody is. From a story standpoint I see why it makes
                          sense and it's better, but it kinda soured me a bit. Maybe, because
                          Minako came back and Vanessa didn't. Oh well, maybe I'll feel better
                          about it, when I get the DVD.

                          >> Over the ending credits, we see Margaret and her little sister
                          > watching
                          >> the sunset. Meanwhile, Rimelda (who's looking decidedly happy and
                          >> rather cute) is driving Madlax somewhere in her jeep. Madlax calls
                          > her
                          >> "baka" quite affectionately, and says she wants to cook some pasta
                          > when
                          >> she gets home. 3-Speed(?) calls her on her mobile, and the two
                          > women
                          >> drive off into the sunset together...
                          >>

                          > Wasn;t that a really great scene? I mean, it was something totally
                          > unexpected, IMHO. But it was really good.

                          Yes, though, I think it's settling. I would have preferred Vanessa and
                          Madlax, but I'll take Rimelda and Madlax. I imagine that Rimelda is
                          realizing that when she was saying "please, kill me" all those times to
                          Madlax she was confusing the word "kill" with the word "f*ck." ;)

                          >> So, no reset that I could make out, but we *do* appear to at least
                          > get a
                          >> chance at some Madlax/Rimelda slashiness. (Poor Vanessa! But
                          > hooray
                          >> anyway. :)
                          >
                          > But Vanessa and Eleanor are in heaven together, so in a totally loser
                          > way, they are together. :-)

                          How very 1974. I guess since this is the year of Yuri, some people were
                          bound to go ol' skool on us. Now, if they did the OTT melodrama style,
                          I'd be so there. ;) I'm all about that kind of ol' skool.

                          > This series goes on my "must have" list, definitely.

                          Same. Despite the whole Vanessa thing, I really enjoyed this series,
                          and am sad to see it end.

                          There looks to be some series debuting this season that have some
                          potential, hopefully, none of those go all ol' skool on us. While I do
                          enjoy the tragedy, I prefer happy endings for my yuri. I also need to
                          find another series to speculate wildly and wrongly about, it's
                          starting to become a tradition. ;)

                          -==-
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 3, 2004
                            Like what Chal said above, an english sub has been done for madlax
                            26. As I delayed downloading the ep due to my concentrating on
                            finishing up other downloads, I was surprised to find what looks
                            like a bitorrent english sub of the ep. Haven't exactly watched it
                            yet, audio is a little funny and subtitles sorta tiny,overall a good
                            job plus I'm grateful to onearmsicssors for it and thanks Adam for
                            posting the link. Here's the link
                            http://www.mirkx.com.nyud.net:8090/search.php?search=madlax Sorry
                            for taking up space! Just felt like posting.
                          • Nicole
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 3, 2004
                              Sorry, ignore my former post. The link has already been stated.