Madlax 25 SPOILERS and licensing

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2004
      Well, we knew it was just a matter of time and sure enough ADV
      announced they snagged Madlax
      this weekend at AWA, just in time before the final episode airs.

      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *

      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *
      *

      Well, everything we suspected ends up panning out. Madlax appears to
      Margaret in the field where Eleanor died, and Margaret reverts back to
      Friday Monday's control when Madlax threatens him. Margaret ends up
      emptying a clip into Madlax who appears to be down for the count.
      Rimelda attempts to intervene on Madlax's behalf, but Nahal stops her,
      saying that she's now an observer like her. Friday Monday retrieves the
      lost page of Secondary and he and Margaret open up the final door,
      where the truth is shown. The plane crashes, Carrosaur and Margaret run
      away, they stumble into Friday Monday and Richard Burton/Madlax's show
      down. Friday Monday gets shot. Margaret runs to her father, oblivious
      of the danger, Carrosaur runs to protect her and gets shot, by someone.
      Margaret and Richard reunite happily for the moment. Friday Monday
      having not died from being shot near the eye, speaks our favorite words
      and opens up Madlax/Richard Burton to the "Truth" and he moves to kill
      Margaret, but doesn't. Margaret picks up a gun, but can't bring herself
      to shoot her father, even if she has to save her life; the gun goes
      off, Madlax is born, and she's holding the smoking gun, literally.
      Madlax is Margaret's desire to kill her father made flesh "an existence
      born from sadness" and "the pain from touching the truth", Reticia is
      Margaret's doll she left behind in that place to mark the lost
      memories. Upon seeing this, Margaret breaks down, and Friday Monday
      gets his wish and chaos and anarchy are loosed upon the world and
      cackles stupidly. Madlax appears at the end and shoots his mask off and
      begins the final showdown. Next episode: Margaret in the dress and red
      shoes, Friday Monday has both eyes and gets shot again.

      Margaret is more upset at Eleanor's death at the beginning of this
      episode than she was last episode. Though it was kinda creepy when
      she reverted back to Friday Monday's control and told dead Eleanor she
      wanted pasta for dinner. Also the maliciousness we've never seen
      before as she empties an entire clip of bullets into Madlax.

      Well, one more episode to go and we'll get to see how this thing
      actually ends. Hopefully, it'll be something that makes sense.

      -==-
      Serge
      "Everybody's feeling fine, because it's party time!"