Re: [Yuricon] Madlax 24

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 23, 2004
      >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>

      >Good, I've been swamped at work, not much time to speculate and write
      >long emails, unfortunately.

      Me too.

      > >> Spoiler Space

      > >> And more for good measure!

      > > Yeah, basically - what I hate are the namby-pamby half ending that BT
      > > does
      > > so often - everything explodes, then we're all all right. What?
      >
      >I agree with both of these. I'm kinda hoping for a reset, even though I
      >don't really like them in general, since they basically negate any
      >character development beyond the returning point. But failing a reset,
      >I'm a sucker for tragic endings. ;)

      I'm not a fan of pointless tragedy. I have gotten used to the melancholic
      non-endings of so much of Japanese everything, simply through brute
      repetition, but I'll never be satisfied by it.

      I don't mind tragic in the sense that, "we've wrapped this all up, and the
      ending pretty much went *here*." kind of thing. BT has a tendency to
      whitewash over that, and give us an ambiguously happy ending, without
      wrapping up any of the strands of the actual story.

      OTOH, Noir was basically a happy non-end and I was satisfied with i, so
      there you go, make a liar out of me... :-)

      >You know, that dress, for all the crap everyone says about it, it's
      >genius is ease of access. ;)

      Because that's what you need in a gunfight. :-)

      I will say that now that we've learned that the dress, like Madlax's whole
      existence, is metaphoric, I don't mind *quite* it as much.

      >Well 25 will be out this week, and then it ends next week. <sigh> So
      >many good series ending this month. What will I do without PGSM,
      >Marimite, and

      Watch Kurau and mope, like the rest of us. :-)