Madlax 21-22

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2004
      SPOILER SPACE

      STILL SPOILER SPACE

      Gah! The bastards! They just took away our last, best hopes for
      canonical slash-fic. (And after giving us that lovely little scene of
      Vanessa asleep on Eleanor's shoulder, too...)

      Still, it seems I was right about the Burton-labelled dog-tags, which is
      a start. And Madlax wasn't the doll, it seems (although I was waiting
      for that...).

      Damn it, Rimelda, why couldn't you have grown a clue in time?

      Also, Monday Friday still has the most un-terrifying Evil Demonic
      Laugh[tm] in the entire history of anime. I mean, seriously, what were
      they thinking?
      .oO("now that Have your attention" )
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jones <adam@y...> wrote:

        > SPOILER SPACE
        >

        > STILL SPOILER SPACE

        > Gah! The bastards! They just took away our last, best hopes for
        > canonical slash-fic. (And after giving us that lovely little scene
        of
        > Vanessa asleep on Eleanor's shoulder, too...)

        Well, I have to admit I was bummed, but... I also don't believe
        anything I see. You know the rules.

        > Still, it seems I was right about the Burton-labelled dog-tags,
        which is
        > a start. And Madlax wasn't the doll, it seems (although I was
        waiting
        > for that...).

        I am glad that Carlossur is gone. He was so pointless. But I think his
        end is a foreshadwoing of Madlax's eventual fate. Not that she is
        sheer wil to live, but something else, just not human.

        > Damn it, Rimelda, why couldn't you have grown a clue in time?

        She still has time - remember the rules. There was no body.

        > Also, Monday Friday still has the most un-terrifying Evil Demonic
        > Laugh[tm] in the entire history of anime. I mean, seriously, what
        were
        > they thinking?

        Agreed! I was hysterical listening to him cackle maniacally. All in
        all, he's been a really dull bad guy. His mania isn't fun, his
        manipulation is so...yeah. Wow, he manages a civil war in a banana
        republic. Whee.

        I guess its easier to manage the paperwork than ruling the whole
        world, but still, so uninspired.

      • Adam Jones
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
          On 03-Sep-2004 02:20 -0000, atheniag wrote:
          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jones <adam@y...> wrote:
          > >

          > > SPOILER SPACE
          > >

          > > STILL SPOILER SPACE

          > > Gah! The bastards! They just took away our last, best hopes for
          > > canonical slash-fic. (And after giving us that lovely little scene
          > > of Vanessa asleep on Eleanor's shoulder, too...)
          > Well, I have to admit I was bummed, but... I also don't believe
          > anything I see. You know the rules.

          Indeed. I mean, a shot there shouldn't be fatal like that under most
          circumstances, should it? (At least, not *quickly*.)

          > I am glad that Carlossur is gone. He was so pointless.

          Just when I was starting to think he might get interesting, too...

          > But I think his end is a foreshadwoing of Madlax's eventual fate.
          > Not that she is sheer wil to live, but something else, just not
          > human.

          "I am slash fandom incarnate. You cannot kill me, puny mortal!"

          <ahem>

          > > Damn it, Rimelda, why couldn't you have grown a clue in time?
          > She still has time - remember the rules. There was no body.

          I meant more "in time to keep from whacking Vanessa"...

          > > Also, Monday Friday still has the most un-terrifying Evil Demonic
          > > Laugh[tm] in the entire history of anime. I mean, seriously, what
          > > were they thinking?
          > Agreed! I was hysterical listening to him cackle maniacally. All in
          > all, he's been a really dull bad guy.

          Definitely. It's a pity he didn't stay dead when Carossur shot him.
          Curse his bulletproof opera mask!

          > I guess its easier to manage the paperwork than ruling the whole
          > world, but still, so uninspired.

          It's a pity, because it's sure as hell possible to do a lot with a
          villain who can erase peoples' memories across the world and fiddle
          reality like that.
          .oO("shout be shot." )
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
            >From: "Adam Jones" <adam@...>
            >On 03-Sep-2004 02:20 -0000, atheniag wrote:
            > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jones <adam@y...> wrote:
            > > >

            > > > SPOILER SPACE
            > > >

            > > > STILL SPOILER SPACE

            > > Well, I have to admit I was bummed, but... I also don't believe
            > > anything I see. You know the rules.
            >
            >Indeed. I mean, a shot there shouldn't be fatal like that under most
            >circumstances, should it? (At least, not *quickly*.)

            No - in fact, it's well known that a shot like that is one of the slowest
            ways to go.

            AND, let us not forget that Madlax had taken a shot like that just a few
            episodes ago - not only is she alive, but has no mark of any kind (which is
            why I'm personally inclined to think she isn't human.)

            > > But I think his end is a foreshadwoing of Madlax's eventual fate.
            > > Not that she is sheer wil to live, but something else, just not
            > > human.
            >
            >"I am slash fandom incarnate. You cannot kill me, puny mortal!"

            Cute. :-)

            > > > Damn it, Rimelda, why couldn't you have grown a clue in time?
            > > She still has time - remember the rules. There was no body.
            >
            >I meant more "in time to keep from whacking Vanessa"...

            Again...the rules.

            It applies equally to Rimelda and Vanessa...although I think Vanessa is far
            more likely to actually *be* dead.

            >It's a pity, because it's sure as hell possible to do a lot with a
            >villain who can erase peoples' memories across the world and fiddle
            >reality like that.

            But you'd have to be someone else who wasn't part of Bee Train. I
            mean...think of Soldats. Training all those brilliant assasin girls...then
            discarding all but two for reasons that make NO sense, and then having them
            do...what? It wasn't like they had a purpose for Noir. Noir just...was.

            BT is good at character and backstory, and sometimes has glimpses of plot,
            but resolution is weak and theme is just a pale shadow in their work. :-)

          • annie
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 6, 2004
              At 12:37 PM 9/3/2004 -0400, Erica Friedman wrote:

              > >From: "Adam Jones" <adam@...>

              > > > Well, I have to admit I was bummed, but... I also don't believe
              > > > anything I see. You know the rules.
              > >
              > >Indeed. I mean, a shot there shouldn't be fatal like that under most
              > >circumstances, should it? (At least, not *quickly*.)
              >
              >No - in fact, it's well known that a shot like that is one of the slowest
              >ways to go.
              >
              >AND, let us not forget that Madlax had taken a shot like that just a few
              >episodes ago - not only is she alive, but has no mark of any kind (which is
              >why I'm personally inclined to think she isn't human.)

              Poor Vanessa! I get so caught up in these series. I actually yelled out,
              "Ahhh! Noooo!" Darn! I like Vanessa! I have a feeling Madlax will
              "disappear"; she'll either die (hard to see this happening) or it'll turn
              out she never really existed in the present or something lame like
              that. I hoped that Vanessa would survive in this series, but it's
              unlikely. Anyway, we can count on Elinor to take good care of Margaret, no
              matter what happens. Although, she might not need "taking care of". I bet
              Margaret will turn out to be as good as Madlax with a gun, judging by what
              she did to that soldier. Whew!

              Madlax just needs to kiss Rimelda full on the lips, and she'll stop
              pretending to want to kill her. That's what I thought should have happened
              when they were gun fighting, face to face, at an arm's length. :-) It's
              clear that they don't really want to kill each other. Oh, yeah, I believe
              Rimelda's still alive and Madlax's time is almost up.
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 7, 2004
                >From: annie <oscar@...>

                >Poor Vanessa! I get so caught up in these series. I actually yelled out,
                >"Ahhh! Noooo!" Darn! I like Vanessa! I have a feeling Madlax will
                >"disappear"; she'll either die (hard to see this happening) or it'll turn
                >out she never really existed in the present or something lame like
                >that.

                That's kind of what I think too.

                I hoped that Vanessa would survive in this series, but it's
                >unlikely. Anyway, we can count on Elinor to take good care of Margaret, no
                >matter what happens. Although, she might not need "taking care of". I bet
                >Margaret will turn out to be as good as Madlax with a gun, judging by what
                >she did to that soldier. Whew!

                Yeah, liek she and margaret will become one, or Madlax will turn out to be
                Margret's repressed memories.

                I still think that Madlax's father is Friday Monday. If only because she
                shot Margaret's Dad after he had taken out FM's eyes.

                >Madlax just needs to kiss Rimelda full on the lips, and she'll stop
                >pretending to want to kill her. That's what I thought should have happened
                >when they were gun fighting, face to face, at an arm's length. :-) It's
                >clear that they don't really want to kill each other. Oh, yeah, I believe
                >Rimelda's still alive and Madlax's time is almost up.

                Mmm...I'm not sure. Sometimes obsessions develop for a reason. There are
                prlnty of folkss who would be not one whit happier if they realized that it
                was/is sexual attraction and not obssessive hatred that filled them. For
                alot of folks, there's just no difference.

                I think Rimelda's smart enough to realize that in another life, under
                different circumstances, she and Madlax might have been comrades, perhaps
                lovers, but it's too late now in this life for her. I think her highest goal
                (assuming she's still alive at all) at this point is to be killed by Madlax.
                If Vanessa did kill her, I bet she's one angry, frustrated, unfulfilled
                spirit right now. :-)