Otogizoushi websites galore

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2004
      I don't know how many of you are watching this series - it isn't yuri,
      but it is on topic because of the cross-dressing princess aspect...

      In short, it's a Heian sorcery/adventure story in which princess
      Hikaru is forced by circumstances to take over the role of her brother
      Raikou. As Raikou, Hikaru is traveling the country, defeating
      unspeakable enemies, etc. etc, to collect the magatama so the Imperial
      Onmyouji (sorcerer,) Abe no Seimei can stop the decay that is killing
      the capital.

      Hikaru is uber-serious, and doesn't, sadly, flirt with girls as
      Raikou, and she has already fallen for the uber-cool mysterious court
      dancer guy (whose real identity is painfully obvious.) As far as yuri
      goes, it's a big 0, but if you like the whole girl-prince thing, it's
      a pretty cool story. Hikaru clearly makes a better Raikou than Raikou
      did. :-) And I always love the Heian clothes and sorcery thing.

      Otogizoushi has been licensed by Media Blasters, (who are all of a
      sudden becoming our best friend!) and is slated for a DVD relase in
      time for Xmas.

      The new VAP website: http://www.vap.co.jp/otogizoushi/video/index.html

      The NTV site: http://www.ntv.co.jp/otogizoushi/
      Production IG's site: http://www.production-ig.co
      jp/anime/otogizoushi/
    • Clarissa Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2004
        Oh, that sounds good. I want!

        --
        Clarissa Cates-Smith Ryan
        claris@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2004
          Anything with Abe no Seimei in it MUST be good.

          STELLALUNA >_<

          (I wonder if the movie Onmyouji has anything to do with the mini boom
          of anime with him in it.)
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2004
            >From: "stellaluna_42" <stellaluna_42@...>

            >Anything with Abe no Seimei in it MUST be good.

            Amen! :-)

            >STELLALUNA >_<
            >

            >(I wonder if the movie Onmyouji has anything to do with the mini boom
            >of anime with him in it.)

            I would not be surprised at all. I know Onmyouji sparked our interest in
            him. (Although we were really pissed that Hiromasa didn't cry for Seimei in
            the second movie the way Seimei cried for him in the first movie.)