RE: [Yuricon] Small Favors

    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 1, 2004
      >From: Clarissa Smith <claris@...>

      >I just picked up the Small Favors #2 graphic novel at Good Vibrations.
      >The author should be invited to Yuricon! It's not manga-style but there's
      >a hint of manga influence. It's a cute, explicit but not really "ecchi",
      >funny story about various cute petite lesbians and their ... adventures,
      >with a magical/fantasy element, written and drawn by Colleen Coover.

      Sounds fun - I'll take a look at it, if I get a chance. And I'll keep the
      author's name in mind. Thanks for the heads up.

      I know Prism comics have alot of gay/lesbian artists and are starting to
      publish now, moving from online strips to actual books. I saw the first
      volume of their book, it was mostly text, talking about gay and lesbian
      u-ground and online comics, bios of their artists and one or two strips
      which were both gay guy stories.

      I can tell you one thing - the next event I do will definitely have a strong
      American comics track, because there's a bunch of folks out there trying to
      make it happen right now. :-)

    • Jen
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 1, 2004
        > >From: Clarissa Smith <claris@s...>

        And I'll keep the author's name in mind. Thanks for the heads up.

        Here's a sample of book #1, if anyone's interested in a
        'Try Before You Buy' kinda thing.

        http://www.users.on.net/~prime/puni/SF.zip

        Kisses XXOOXX
        Jen
      • Clarissa Smith
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 1, 2004
          (As a note, Book 2 doesn't do the "size difference" thing like Book 1
          does. *G*)

          --
          Clarissa Cates-Smith Ryan
          claris@...
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 2, 2004
            >From: "Jen" <puni@...>
            >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com

            >Here's a sample of book #1, if anyone's interested in a
            >'Try Before You Buy' kinda thing.
            >
            >http://www.users.on.net/~prime/puni/SF.zip

            Nice - I like the unashamed crassness of it. I think Colleen and I would get
            along famously. :-)