American cartoon yuri was Re: [Yuricon] OT: Anime inspires fashion

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2004
      >From: "Jessica White" <losstarot@...>

      >That's a really good point. Particularly now, animators on both sides of
      >the Pacific seem to influence each other. I only wish we would get some
      >more yuri influence Stateside. The last American cartoon I can remember
      >with a lot of femme-slash potential was Jem. Kimber and Stormer were so
      >cute when they made that album together. (And I'm such a geek for
      >remembering it!) :P

      Yes, but you can join the club. :-)

      I have good news for you: Kim Possible and Shego are SO slashable. I find
      myself reading other people's fanfic for a change, just to get a fix of
      these two. Allaine oin Fanfiction.net has three (one unfinished) stories
      that actually do not suck starring these two.

    • Chris Davies
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2004
        Reviewing old messages ... hello, what's this?

        > I have good news for you: Kim Possible and Shego are SO slashable.
        I find
        > myself reading other people's fanfic for a change, just to get a
        fix of
        > these two. Allaine oin Fanfiction.net has three (one unfinished)
        stories
        > that actually do not suck starring these two.

        They don't suck, no. They're not terribly *good*, though ...

        Chris Davies.
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2004
          From: "Chris Davies" <cricharddavies@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: American cartoon yuri was Re: [Yuricon] OT: Anime inspires fashion
          >Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 21:31:51 -0000

          Allaine oin Fanfiction.net has three (one unfinished)
          >stories
          > > that actually do not suck starring these two.
          >
          >They don't suck, no. They're not terribly *good*, though ...

          I have to disagree with this. I didn;t think they were perfect, but at no
          point did they make my face go all scrunchy. I was able to actually get
          through them and I thought rh author got the characters' voices down well.

          Brilliant, no, good, yes.