RE: [Yuricon] Maria-sama ga Miteru

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 25, 2004
      >From: Albert Lunde <atlunde@...>

      >I'd note again that you can get the the fansubs of the
      >first season of Maria-sama ga Miteru transcoded onto DVD-R, from the
      >DESPA distribution at http://www.technogirls.org/fan/

      Yes, but I'm a little leery of this method of distribution...it runs too
      close to being black market DVDs for my taste.

      I have no issue with downloading unlicensed material for personal use...but
      when someone is burning DVDs for other distribution to other people, it
      skirts fair use policy pretty close to the margin of legality.

      I am hopeful that this series will be licensed eventually and that this will
      become moot.