Re: [Yuricon] Let's welcome some new members, shall we?

  • kanariya
    Message 1 of 51 , Aug 4, 2004
      >Please feel free to jump in on any conversation, and it'd be cool if
      you introduce yourself, too, because that's kind of the way social
      skills run.

      All right, sounds good to me. ^_^

      My name is Meg, but I'm more usually known as ElsewhereCW or just CW
      (which stands for Catwoman...a not-so-long story). I'm a fourth year
      university student who got sucked into a love of anime and manga a
      couple of years ago rather suddenly...it started with Card Captor
      Sakura. ^^ Within those couple of years I've come to be able to
      understand the Japanese language well enough to follow a raw anime
      episode and to carry on simple conversations with Japanese people...I
      also read manga in the original language if furigana is present, but
      my kanji skills are still pretty pathetic, sadly...it's something I'm
      working on. ^_^;;;

      Obviously I'm a yuri fanatic...it's my favorite genre---always my
      first preference in manga, anime, fanfic reading and writing. ^^ My
      favorite yuri, yaoi and het couple is Seiya and Yaten from Sailor
      Moon...they're not canon, but somehow they became fixed in my mind as
      soon as I watched Stars. Speaking canonically, however, it'd have to
      be Haruka and Michiru. ;P There are many others I adore,
      however...Utena and Anthy, Maki and Mina...there are so many I could
      name. ^_^

      Let's see...the anime list. ;P For what I'm currently watching:

      The good - Maria-sama ga Miteru~Haru, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon,
      Full Metal Alchemist

      The bad - Kyou Kara Maou (admittedly it's quite stupid, but I love it
      nonetheless)

      The ugly - Bakuretsu Tenshi (which I also enjoy to a certain extent,
      yet there's an 'ugh' factor there as well), Wild Arms: Twilight Venom
      (an old show, yes, but I'm watching it just now and frankly it's
      rather boring...but I adore Asano Mayumi and would watch anything to
      hear her ^_^)

      Also just recently finished watching Air Master, which I would
      definitely classify in the 'fantastic' category (for sheer quirky
      hilarity if nothing else) and X TV, which was all right but not a
      favorite for me as far as CLAMP goes.

      Manga, I'm reading a few things...Utena and CLAMP Gakuen Tanteidan in
      Japanese, and CLAMP's Wish and then a few Korean titles in English
      (Tokyopop). ^_^ Ah, and of course I read everything Lililicious comes
      out with. ;P

      And that's about it, I guess! :) Ah, except: yoroshiku onegai shimasu!
      ^_^

      CW
    • W. Suika Roberts
      Message 51 of 51 , Aug 24, 2004
        On Aug 15, 2004, at 10:11 AM, Trishane Lee wrote:
        > Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:
        > On Aug 14, 2004, at 11:31 AM, Erica Friedman wrote:
        > >> Currently being deployed to Iraq, so I may actually get some of the
        > >> fanfics I plotted ten years ago written . . .
        > >
        > > Gods go with you...
        >
        > >>I will add to the chorus of well wishers. God speed and >safe
        > journey.
        >
        > GO and return Safely and May the gods look kindly on you  and blanket
        > you with their grace.

        Thank you,
        Suika
        > Shane (a military brat)

        My condolences ^_^

        ja ne,
        Suika
        --
        ssfr@...
        The computer is mightier than the pen, the sword, and usually, the

        -Jennifer Nolan