Hi folks

  • Jessica White
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 4, 2004
      Hey everyone, I'm a newbie and I tend to be quiet on these kinds of lists, but I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Jessi, and my fanfic pen name is Celestra. I write mostly Final Fantasy and other video game fic but I will read pretty much any fandom. If anyone was at Anime Next or Otakon this year, my best friend and I were dressed as Utena and Anthy (I was the one in the freakin' huge dress ^^). They're probably my favorite canon yuri couple next to Haruka and Michiru from Sailor Moon. H&M are probably my favorite couple in all of anime, yuri or otherwise. They're adorable and they crack me up.

      Back to lurking. ^^
      Message 2 of 26 , Aug 4, 2004
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jessica White" <losstarot@v...>
        wrote:

        > Hey everyone, I'm a newbie and I tend to be quiet on these kinds of
        lists, but I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Jessi, and my fanfic
        pen name is Celestra.

        Hi Jessi -

        Welcome to the list. :-)

      • terms5@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 26 , Aug 4, 2004
          Heya Jess!

          Yeah I'm a lurker too, but welcome nonetheless! ^_^ I was wondering
          have you written any H&M fics? They are my favorite couple in anime
          as well...Michiru always teasing poor Ruka hehee...Also you said you
          wrote Final fantasy fics :O Do you have any from 8? I loved that game
          sooo much! >.<;; Anyways, see you on the board, or in the shadows ;)

          Sarah

          wrote:
          > Hey everyone, I'm a newbie and I tend to be quiet on these kinds of
          lists, but I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Jessi, and my fanfic
          pen name is Celestra. I write mostly Final Fantasy and other video
          game fic but I will read pretty much any fandom. If anyone was at
          Anime Next or Otakon this year, my best friend and I were dressed as
          Utena and Anthy (I was the one in the freakin' huge dress ^^).
          They're probably my favorite canon yuri couple next to Haruka and
          Michiru from Sailor Moon. H&M are probably my favorite couple in all
          of anime, yuri or otherwise. They're adorable and they crack me up.

          > Back to lurking. ^^
        • Trishane Lee
          Message 4 of 26 , Aug 4, 2004
            It's nice to meet another fanfic author. My name is Shane but my pen name is Haruka_Clone. I read some final fantisy but not much. My favs couples are H&M to! They are always who i write about but if I think of any utena/athny I'll rememeber to send you a link or something. Drop me a line always good to talk to another writer. It goes for any in the group to if ya want to read my fics just drop me a line i also take request.

            wrote:
            > Hey everyone, I'm a newbie and I tend to be quiet on these kinds of
            lists, but I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Jessi, and my fanfic
            pen name is Celestra. I write mostly Final Fantasy and other video
            game fic but I will read pretty much any fandom. If anyone was at
            Anime Next or Otakon this year, my best friend and I were dressed as
            Utena and Anthy (I was the one in the freakin' huge dress ^^).
            They're probably my favorite canon yuri couple next to Haruka and
            Michiru from Sailor Moon. H&M are probably my favorite couple in all
            of anime, yuri or otherwise. They're adorable and they crack me up.

            > Back to lurking. ^^

            Do you Yahoo!?
          • Koemy@aol.com
            Message 5 of 26 , Aug 4, 2004
              Hi,  let me introduce myself.
              long time no see in this list,,,gomen,

              My name is Rica takashima,
              I am in japan, now, its very humid and hot,
              japanese bisexual woman having one daughter.
              i am mangaka , drawing 4 panel comic for NY japion weekly magazine.
              (but this is not Yuri, tohoho...)
              Comiket is almost there, so i m tring to get some doujindshi of Marimite.

              ja-ne

              Rica
            • Carmen DiProspero
              Message 6 of 26 , Aug 4, 2004
                --- Koemy@... wrote:

                > Hi, let me introduce myself.
                > long time no see in this list,,,gomen,
                >
                > My name is Rica takashima,
                > I am in japan, now, its very humid and hot,
                > japanese bisexual woman having one daughter.
                > i am mangaka , drawing 4 panel comic for NY japion
                > weekly magazine.
                > (but this is not Yuri, tohoho...)
                > Comiket is almost there, so i m tring to get some
                > doujindshi of Marimite.
                >
                > ja-ne
                >
                > Rica

                Great hearing for you once again. I was wondering
                what's been up with you. Welcome home!

                Carmen ^_^

                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
              • Chalcahuite
                Message 7 of 26 , Aug 4, 2004
                  Well, in the name of being social . . .

                  I'm Serge, and I live in Philadelphia where it's also hot and humid.
                  Fortunately, I have central air conditioning.
                  I'm male and therefore my appreciation of yuri is really just a reptile
                  brain kind of thing. ;) (Chicks making out. Mmmmmm.) Well, OK, the
                  higher brain functions do come in to play every now and then, but shhh,
                  I'm keeping that on the down low. :-D
                  I tend to post really long and inane ramblings about minor details
                  nobody else cares about and make really wild and erroneous speculation
                  about how current series might turn out. I also try really hard to be
                  funny, but since it's all a plea for attention I think most people just
                  laugh at me, rather than with me. ;)
                  I'm also one of Erica's many loyal minions and can often be found
                  lifting heavy objects, giving out neck rubs and squishing bugs. ;)

                  Favorite Couple:
                  Haruka and Michiru

                  I really want to be like Haruka when I grow up, though Satou Sei is a
                  real close second.

                  Currently watching

                  Good: Madlax, Phantom Memory Kurau, Maria-sama ga Miteru - Haru, Pretty
                  Guardian Sailor Moon, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd gig,
                  Uninhabited Planet: Survive!

                  Bad: Tengou Tenge, Bakuretsu Tenshi. Steel Angel Kurumi Zero (Actually
                  still downloading, but it's M.O.E so I already know it will suck.)

                  Undecided: Otogizoushi (looking good), DearS (alien slave girls,
                  looking bad), 2X2 Shinobuden, Soukyuu no Fafner (Can't seem to get over
                  the Gundam Seed character designs to figure out whether or not I like
                  it)

                  Anyway, I've also started to learn Japanese for the sole purpose of
                  being able to ask random Japanese where they keep their giant mecha
                  when I visit next year and so I can read the riveting dialogue and
                  sound effects in H-doujins. ;)

                  Next?

                  -==-
                  Serge
                  "Everybody's feeling fine, because it's party time!"
                • seaya@tinybittykitty.org
                  Message 8 of 26 , Aug 4, 2004
                    On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 09:30:11PM -0400, Koemy@... wrote:
                    > My name is Rica takashima,
                    > I am in japan, now, its very humid and hot,

                    Hi Rica!!!

                    I am currently reading your manga, if you are who I think you are.
                    Totemo kawaii desu!!!

                    To introduce myself to the list.

                    I'm Leah Marcus from Baltimore. I signed up at Otakon. I'm Otakon staff
                    actually.

                    It was good to see your table there. And it was good to see Yuri that
                    was not from an objectifying male gaze. ;)

                    Fave anime: Ebichu the Housekeeping Hamster, Serial Experiments Lain,
                    Neon Genesis Evangelion, Perfect Blue, El Hazzard, anything majorly
                    messed up or surreal, anything Miyazaki, and most especially Read or Die
                    :).

                    Fave story games: Chrono Trigger (with of course the minor Yuri
                    reference of Lucca ;)), Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy Anything, Xenogears,
                    Xenosaga

                    Fave Yuri character: Yomiko Readman

                    Fave Yuri relationship: Yomiko and Nancy
                    (surprise surprise)

                    Would love recommendations on any Yuri that is not too Shoujo.

                    (though a little sweetness is ok)

                    And otherwise, I'm a Babylon 5 fan :).

                    hugz

                    Leah
                  • sean@centragarden.net
                    Message 9 of 26 , Aug 5, 2004
                      Sean Gaffney. Girls having sex with other girls is hot. Mmm. ^_-

                      Favorite couple: Juri and Shiori. I also like Haruka/Michiru, Rei/Minako,
                      and the various MariMite coupleish things.

                      Currently watching: Maria-sama Ga Miteru, Sensei no Ojikan, Urusei
                      Yatsura (which admittedly has little to no yuri), and Gall Force Earth.

                      Hello to all the newcomers!

                      --SG
                      Message 10 of 26 , Aug 5, 2004
                        >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>

                        >I'm Serge, and I live in Philadelphia where it's also hot and humid.

                        "Foul, fetid, fuming, foggy filthyyyyy - Philadelphia!"

                        Sorry, had a 1776 breakdown there...

                        >I'm also one of Erica's many loyal minions and can often be found
                        >lifting heavy objects, giving out neck rubs and squishing bugs. ;)

                        And saving Otakon from evil shoplifters. Don't forget that.

                        >Favorite Couple:
                        >Haruka and Michiru
                        >
                        >I really want to be like Haruka when I grow up, though Satou Sei is a
                        >real close second.

                        Me too. LOL Or Yuriko. She's got all the charm and suave I don't.

                        Discover the best of the best at MSN Luxury Living. http://lexus.msn.com/
                        Message 11 of 26 , Aug 5, 2004
                          >From: Koemy@...

                          >Hi, let me introduce myself.
                          >long time no see in this list,,,gomen,
                          >
                          >My name is Rica takashima,
                          >I am in japan, now, its very humid and hot,
                          >japanese bisexual woman having one daughter.
                          >i am mangaka , drawing 4 panel comic for NY japion weekly magazine.
                          >(but this is not Yuri, tohoho...)

                          Hi Rica - welcome back! We missed you.

                          Hey, everyone, Rica is the author of "Rica 'tte Kanji!?", so if you have a
                          copy, tell her how much you enjoy it, so she draws more of Rica and Miho for
                          us. :-) Rica also wrote "Obenkyo Shinasai" for the new Yuri Monogatari. If
                          you've read that, you know why I'm smirking. :-)

                          >Comiket is almost there, so i m tring to get some doujindshi of Marimite.

                          I wanna go, too! I bet that there are hundreds of Marimite doujinshi this
                          time. All Sei x Yumi and Sei x Youko. LOL

                          It's good to hear from you again!

                          Message 12 of 26 , Aug 5, 2004
                            >From: seaya@...

                            >I'm Leah Marcus from Baltimore. I signed up at Otakon. I'm Otakon staff
                            >actually.

                            Yay Otakon staff. You guys are really great. :-)

                            >It was good to see your table there. And it was good to see Yuri that
                            >was not from an objectifying male gaze. ;)

                            Nope - its from an objectifying *female* gaze. LOL Seriously - I like to
                            think that our work *is* the line between Yuri Shimai's uber-cutseyness and
                            most hentai dounjinshi's body-fluid covered sex. :-)

                            Welcome to the list!

                            Message 13 of 26 , Aug 5, 2004
                              >From: sean@...

                              >Favorite couple: Juri and Shiori. I also like Haruka/Michiru, Rei/Minako,
                              >and the various MariMite coupleish things.

                              PGSM, Ep. 42 - Scene: Crown Karaoke

                              Rei sits at table, staring poutily, as she listens to Minako's newest hit
                              single. Everyone bounds in, Rei hardly looks up. Usagi gushes over single,
                              Rei grunts, the very picture of wistrful melancholy.

                              The First Lady says, "Rei's having girl problems."

                              I just nod sagely. :-)

                              And here I was, so worried that the newe Sailor Moon might not have yuri.
                              :-)

                            • Chalcahuite
                              Message 14 of 26 , Aug 5, 2004
                                On Aug 5, 2004, at 8:46 AM, Erica Friedman wrote:

                                >> From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
                                >
                                >> I'm Serge, and I live in Philadelphia where it's also hot and humid.
                                >
                                > "Foul, fetid, fuming, foggy filthyyyyy - Philadelphia!"
                                >
                                > Sorry, had a 1776 breakdown there...

                                Typical. Just what I'd expect from a Rangers fan. ;)

                                >> I'm also one of Erica's many loyal minions and can often be found
                                >> lifting heavy objects, giving out neck rubs and squishing bugs. ;)
                                >
                                > And saving Otakon from evil shoplifters. Don't forget that.

                                Well, no, I will cherish that memory, but I don't think that's really
                                typical of being your minion. For the other Otakon staffers on the
                                list now, my fiance, Donna, and I were the really, really, really black
                                ops people that maybe a handful of special ops people knew about. We
                                helped ferret out three or four boys who were shoplifting on Sunday.

                                -==-
                                Message 15 of 26 , Aug 5, 2004
                                  On Aug 5, 2004, at 8:50 AM, Erica Friedman wrote:

                                  >> From: Koemy@...
                                  >
                                  >> Hi, let me introduce myself.
                                  >> long time no see in this list,,,gomen,
                                  >>
                                  >> My name is Rica takashima,
                                  >> I am in japan, now, its very humid and hot,
                                  >> japanese bisexual woman having one daughter.
                                  >> i am mangaka , drawing 4 panel comic for NY japion weekly magazine.
                                  >> (but this is not Yuri, tohoho...)
                                  >
                                  > Hi Rica - welcome back! We missed you.
                                  >
                                  > Hey, everyone, Rica is the author of "Rica 'tte Kanji!?", so if you
                                  > have a
                                  > copy, tell her how much you enjoy it, so she draws more of Rica and
                                  > Miho for
                                  > us. :-)

                                  OK. Donna and I loved "Rica 'tte Kanji!?" it was cute, happy and fun,
                                  and we'd love to see more. <hint, hint.>

                                  -==-
                                  Serge
                                  "Everybody's feeling fine, because it's party time!"
                                • nekokuniko
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Aug 5, 2004
                                    > Back to lurking. ^^

                                    NO! Don't you dare lurk, Celestra! No lurkies!

                                    Since you're a writer, you might want to think about joining up for
                                    our manga anthology, Yuri Monogatar 3... Just brush up your art
                                    skills or con an artist to co-create with you ;p

                                    Kun
                                    ---'-,-{@
                                  • nekokuniko
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Aug 5, 2004
                                      > -==-
                                      > Serge
                                      > "Everybody's feeling fine, because it's party time!"

                                      Noooooo! Say it isn't so! I'd hate to have to burn my eyes out if
                                      that's really the signature I think it is... o.0~

                                      Kun
                                      ----'-,-{@
                                    • nekokuniko
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Aug 5, 2004
                                        > To introduce myself to the list.
                                        >
                                        > I'm Leah Marcus from Baltimore. I signed up at Otakon. I'm Otakon
                                        staff
                                        > actually.

                                        Welcome to the list, Leah! I remember you =^.^= I was the one who
                                        sold your manga to Phil ;p

                                        I'm a big gamer too, btw...and a reluctant Babylon 5 watcher as
                                        well ;)

                                        Kun
                                        ----'-,-{@
                                      • nekokuniko
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Aug 5, 2004
                                          > Sean Gaffney. Girls having sex with other girls is hot. Mmm. ^_-

                                          Why Hello Sean! Welcome to th.... oh psh, you're an elder, just
                                          trying to pass off as a newbie ;p

                                          That's a nice summation of the yuricon cause though ;)

                                          Kun
                                          ----'-,-{@
                                        • nekokuniko
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Aug 5, 2004
                                            > Me too. LOL Or Yuriko. She's got all the charm and suave I don't.

                                            As a friend of yours, I just want to take this moment to bolster your
                                            ego, by point out how right you are.

                                            Kun
                                            ----'-,-{@
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Aug 5, 2004
                                              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "nekokuniko" <kun@l...> wrote:

                                              > > Me too. LOL Or Yuriko. She's got all the charm and suave I don't.
                                              > >

                                              > As a friend of yours, I just want to take this moment to bolster
                                              your
                                              > ego, by point out how right you are.

                                              LOL - Consider yourself paid back for the abuse you suffered this
                                              past weekend. How're your teeth doing?

                                            • nekokuniko
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Aug 5, 2004
                                                > Well, no, I will cherish that memory, but I don't think that's
                                                really
                                                > typical of being your minion. For the other Otakon staffers on the
                                                > list now, my fiance, Donna, and I were the really, really, really
                                                black
                                                > ops people that maybe a handful of special ops people knew about.
                                                We
                                                > helped ferret out three or four boys who were shoplifting on Sunday.

                                                And I was so black ops that I wasn't even black ops ;)

                                                Kun
                                                ----'-,-(@
                                              • nekokuniko
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Aug 5, 2004
                                                  > > > Me too. LOL Or Yuriko. She's got all the charm and suave I
                                                  don't.

                                                  > > As a friend of yours, I just want to take this moment to bolster
                                                  > your
                                                  > > ego, by point out how right you are.
                                                  >
                                                  > LOL - Consider yourself paid back for the abuse you suffered this
                                                  > past weekend. How're your teeth doing?

                                                  My teeth are fine and healthy, thanks ;p

                                                  Kun
                                                  ---'-,-{@
                                                • Chalcahuite
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Aug 5, 2004
                                                    On Aug 5, 2004, at 10:57 AM, nekokuniko wrote:

                                                    >> -==-
                                                    >> Serge
                                                    >> "Everybody's feeling fine, because it's party time!"
                                                    >

                                                    > Noooooo! Say it isn't so! I'd hate to have to burn my eyes out if
                                                    > that's really the signature I think it is... o.0~

                                                    Burn, baby, burn. :-D

                                                    I guess people thought I was kidding, when I said I'd make it my new
                                                    sig. It's also my IM message, as well. Tee-hee.

                                                    -==-
                                                  • kate0211@aol.com
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Aug 5, 2004
                                                      In a message dated 8/5/2004 8:46:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time, alecto_fury@... writes:
                                                      > "Foul, fetid, fuming, foggy filthyyyyy - Philadelphia!"
                                                      >
                                                      > Sorry, had a 1776 breakdown there...
                                                      I think that the founding fathers wouldn't have minded 1776 Philadelphia so much if they had the chance to see 2004 Philadelphia.  ;)  It's been nothing but downhill for the last 228 years.  Not that putting the nation's capital in a swamp was a brilliant alternative... :)

                                                      As for what I'm watching now...absolutely nothing.  I haven't had a chance to see any of Marimite Haru just yet, and that's really all I am interested in at the moment.

                                                      Katya
                                                    • Melissa McCarthy
                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Aug 6, 2004
                                                        Erica said:
                                                        > Hey, everyone, Rica is the author of "Rica 'tte Kanji!?", so if you have a
                                                        > copy, tell her how much you enjoy it, so she draws more of Rica and Miho
                                                        for
                                                        > us. :-)

                                                        ::fangirl squeal:: It's Rica Takashima! I *love* "Rica 'tte Kanji!?" In
                                                        fact, it inspired one of the only (if not the only) other posts I've come
                                                        out of my shell to make here! It always makes me smile ^_^

                                                        Erica also said:
                                                        > Rica also wrote "Obenkyo Shinasai" for the new Yuri Monogatari. If
                                                        > you've read that, you know why I'm smirking. :-)

                                                        I'm really looking forward to having Yuri Monogatari arrive at Anime Castle.
                                                        I'm so jealous of everyone who's already gotten to read it!

                                                        Melissa, returning to Marimite-yuri-inspired bliss (Shimako/Noriko forever!)