Re: Shinobuden

  • Chris Davies
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004

      > I saw the first episode, but while I found it amusing, I didn't see
      anything
      > yuri about it. (One of the fundamental differences between myself
      and
      > Kishiji Bando of the Yuri ML - she sees yuri in any anime where
      there are
      > two girls, particularly if they are little and cute, but I kind of
      need to
      > see something actually *there* before I'll say something has yuri.)

      As recent postings will attest ... it's not just anime where she sees
      that. It's real life, too. Scary, wot?

      Chris Davies.
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "shirobara12" <shirobara12@y...>

        > Now that a group is finally making a fansub, the adventures of
        Shinobu the cute and incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a
        ninja, not as a lesbian ^.-) will no doubt become the new rage among
        yuri fans! ^^

        Okay, I stand corrected. Shinobu is clearly gaga about Kaede, although
        I am still doubtful whther Kaede is List fodder and I'm definitely
        thinking that Madlax is "rage" material, where this isn't, but I
        definitely admit I was wrong. :-)

      • Jen
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
          wrote:

          > "Okay, I stand corrected. Shinobu is clearly gaga about
          Kaede, although ..."

          Watching Shinobu going all gaga about her date with Kaede
          in ep.2 was cute, and seeing her go all psycho (like Sakaki
          trying to touch a kitten) at asking Kaede to share a bath
          were definitely cutesy-haha... but the weird thing is, I'm
          actually having more fun watching the Ninja Boys.

          Why aren't all Ninja Boys so sweet n' funny? Those guys
          are great! We were laughing like crazy at the end of
          episode 2.

          "Look ma! I threw my first shuriken!"

          ^_^

          What really irked me was episode #1. It was REALLY hentai
          in that perverted way, especially compared to the slapstick
          funniness of 2 & 3. I'm just glad they dumped the icky-
          yucky humour for the wackiness.

          Shoujo~ai dramatic angst like MariMite is nice, but
          sometimes I just like a lil' cutesy yuri, like that seen
          in Bottle Fairy. Throw in the Ninja Boys, and I'll
          definitely be downloading episode #4.

          Just dump the yellow pudge.

          Kisses XXOOXX
          Jen
        • shirobara12
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 4, 2004
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Davies" <cricharddavies@y...>
            wrote:

            > As recent postings will attest ... it's not just anime where she sees
            > that. It's real life, too. Scary, wot?

            If you mean about the Sailor Moon and Mercury actresses,
            I think she said they were just good friends...
            it doesn't sound unlikely to me...

            White Rose
          • Trishane Lee
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 4, 2004
              where are you downloading this?

              wrote:

              > "Okay, I stand corrected. Shinobu is clearly gaga about
              Kaede, although ..."

              Watching Shinobu going all gaga about her date with Kaede
              in ep.2 was cute, and seeing her go all psycho (like Sakaki
              trying to touch a kitten) at asking Kaede to share a bath
              were definitely cutesy-haha... but the weird thing is, I'm
              actually having more fun watching the Ninja Boys.

              Why aren't all Ninja Boys so sweet n' funny?  Those guys
              are great!  We were laughing like crazy at the end of
              episode 2.

              "Look ma!  I threw my first shuriken!"

              ^_^

              What really irked me was episode #1.  It was REALLY hentai
              in that perverted way, especially compared to the slapstick
              funniness of 2 & 3.  I'm just glad they dumped the icky-
              yucky humour for the wackiness.

              Shoujo~ai dramatic angst like MariMite is nice, but
              sometimes I just like a lil' cutesy yuri, like that seen
              in Bottle Fairy.  Throw in the Ninja Boys, and I'll
              definitely be downloading episode #4.

              Just dump the yellow pudge.

              Kisses XXOOXX
              Jen

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              Do you Yahoo!?
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 4, 2004
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Trishane Lee <haruka_clone@y...>
                wrote:
                > where are you downloading this?

                Shirobara already answered this, but i'll answer agin if it helps -
                through bittorrent, a free file share program. You can find it at
                http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/ - download it and install it.

                Unlicensed sub torrents are listed at http://www.animesuki.com

                You click on a link, download the "torrent", then click on the torrent
                and download the file. Depending on the server speeds, how many people
                seeding, etc, you get variable rates.

                I hope that helps. There's and introduction on the Bittorrent page -
                that will exlain more.

              • Chris Davies
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 5, 2004
                  wrote:
                  > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Davies" <cricharddavies@y...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > As recent postings will attest ... it's not just anime where she
                  sees
                  > > that. It's real life, too. Scary, wot?
                  >
                  > If you mean about the Sailor Moon and Mercury actresses,
                  > I think she said they were just good friends...

                  ... you go right on thinking that.

                  Chris Davies.