Re: [Yuricon] Shinobuden

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
      On Aug 3, 2004, at 8:26 PM, shirobara12 wrote:

      > It's so odd that nobody here is talking about the Shinobuden anime,
      > in the Yuri ML and the Shoujo-ai forum the threads have been going on
      > for four weeks... ?_? Anyway, this is just for telling those of you who
      > may not know that you should check it out!! ^^ Now that a group
      > is finally making a fansub, the adventures of Shinobu the cute and
      > incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a ninja, not as a lesbian
      > ^.-)
      > will no doubt become the new rage among yuri fans! ^^

      I'm currently downloading the first three episodes based on what I saw
      on Jascii and Momotato. I was going to start a thread after I had
      actually watched it. So stay tuned, we'll get around to it eventually.
      ;)

      -==-
      Serge
      "Everybody's feeling fine, because it's party time!"
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
        >From: "shirobara12" <shirobara12@...>

        >It's so odd that nobody here is talking about the Shinobuden anime,
        >in the Yuri ML and the Shoujo-ai forum the threads have been going on
        >for four weeks... ?_? Anyway, this is just for telling those of you who
        >may not know that you should check it out!! ^^ Now that a group
        >is finally making a fansub, the adventures of Shinobu the cute and
        >incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a ninja, not as a lesbian ^.-)
        >will no doubt become the new rage among yuri fans! ^^

        Y'know - anyone can start a thread here. If you want to talk about
        something, feel free to mention it. :-) It'd be nice to not have to be the
        one who starts.

        I saw the first episode, but while I found it amusing, I didn't see anything
        yuri about it. (One of the fundamental differences between myself and
        Kishiji Bando of the Yuri ML - she sees yuri in any anime where there are
        two girls, particularly if they are little and cute, but I kind of need to
        see something actually *there* before I'll say something has yuri.) But I've
        got the next two downloaded and I'm perfectly willing to keep watching to
        see of something happens beyond holding hands and being cute.

      • Chris Davies
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004

          > I saw the first episode, but while I found it amusing, I didn't see
          anything
          > yuri about it. (One of the fundamental differences between myself
          and
          > Kishiji Bando of the Yuri ML - she sees yuri in any anime where
          there are
          > two girls, particularly if they are little and cute, but I kind of
          need to
          > see something actually *there* before I'll say something has yuri.)

          As recent postings will attest ... it's not just anime where she sees
          that. It's real life, too. Scary, wot?

          Chris Davies.
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "shirobara12" <shirobara12@y...>

            > Now that a group is finally making a fansub, the adventures of
            Shinobu the cute and incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a
            ninja, not as a lesbian ^.-) will no doubt become the new rage among
            yuri fans! ^^

            Okay, I stand corrected. Shinobu is clearly gaga about Kaede, although
            I am still doubtful whther Kaede is List fodder and I'm definitely
            thinking that Madlax is "rage" material, where this isn't, but I
            definitely admit I was wrong. :-)

          • Jen
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
              wrote:

              > "Okay, I stand corrected. Shinobu is clearly gaga about
              Kaede, although ..."

              Watching Shinobu going all gaga about her date with Kaede
              in ep.2 was cute, and seeing her go all psycho (like Sakaki
              trying to touch a kitten) at asking Kaede to share a bath
              were definitely cutesy-haha... but the weird thing is, I'm
              actually having more fun watching the Ninja Boys.

              Why aren't all Ninja Boys so sweet n' funny? Those guys
              are great! We were laughing like crazy at the end of
              episode 2.

              "Look ma! I threw my first shuriken!"

              ^_^

              What really irked me was episode #1. It was REALLY hentai
              in that perverted way, especially compared to the slapstick
              funniness of 2 & 3. I'm just glad they dumped the icky-
              yucky humour for the wackiness.

              Shoujo~ai dramatic angst like MariMite is nice, but
              sometimes I just like a lil' cutesy yuri, like that seen
              in Bottle Fairy. Throw in the Ninja Boys, and I'll
              definitely be downloading episode #4.

              Just dump the yellow pudge.

              Kisses XXOOXX
              Jen
            • shirobara12
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 4, 2004
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Davies" <cricharddavies@y...>
                wrote:

                > As recent postings will attest ... it's not just anime where she sees
                > that. It's real life, too. Scary, wot?

                If you mean about the Sailor Moon and Mercury actresses,
                I think she said they were just good friends...
                it doesn't sound unlikely to me...

                White Rose
              • Trishane Lee
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 4, 2004
                  where are you downloading this?

                  wrote:

                  > "Okay, I stand corrected. Shinobu is clearly gaga about
                  Kaede, although ..."

                  Watching Shinobu going all gaga about her date with Kaede
                  in ep.2 was cute, and seeing her go all psycho (like Sakaki
                  trying to touch a kitten) at asking Kaede to share a bath
                  were definitely cutesy-haha... but the weird thing is, I'm
                  actually having more fun watching the Ninja Boys.

                  Why aren't all Ninja Boys so sweet n' funny?  Those guys
                  are great!  We were laughing like crazy at the end of
                  episode 2.

                  "Look ma!  I threw my first shuriken!"

                  ^_^

                  What really irked me was episode #1.  It was REALLY hentai
                  in that perverted way, especially compared to the slapstick
                  funniness of 2 & 3.  I'm just glad they dumped the icky-
                  yucky humour for the wackiness.

                  Shoujo~ai dramatic angst like MariMite is nice, but
                  sometimes I just like a lil' cutesy yuri, like that seen
                  in Bottle Fairy.  Throw in the Ninja Boys, and I'll
                  definitely be downloading episode #4.

                  Just dump the yellow pudge.

                  Kisses XXOOXX
                  Jen

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  Do you Yahoo!?
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 4, 2004
                    --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Trishane Lee <haruka_clone@y...>
                    wrote:
                    > where are you downloading this?

                    Shirobara already answered this, but i'll answer agin if it helps -
                    through bittorrent, a free file share program. You can find it at
                    http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/ - download it and install it.

                    Unlicensed sub torrents are listed at http://www.animesuki.com

                    You click on a link, download the "torrent", then click on the torrent
                    and download the file. Depending on the server speeds, how many people
                    seeding, etc, you get variable rates.

                    I hope that helps. There's and introduction on the Bittorrent page -
                    that will exlain more.

                  • Chris Davies
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 5, 2004
                      wrote:
                      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Davies" <cricharddavies@y...>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > As recent postings will attest ... it's not just anime where she
                      sees
                      > > that. It's real life, too. Scary, wot?
                      >
                      > If you mean about the Sailor Moon and Mercury actresses,
                      > I think she said they were just good friends...

                      ... you go right on thinking that.

                      Chris Davies.