Re: [Yuricon] Shinobuden

  • Robert Kelly
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
      shirobara12 wrote:

      >It's so odd that nobody here is talking about the Shinobuden anime,
      >in the Yuri ML and the Shoujo-ai forum the threads have been going on
      >for four weeks... ?_? Anyway, this is just for telling those of you who
      >may not know that you should check it out!! ^^ Now that a group
      >is finally making a fansub, the adventures of Shinobu the cute and
      >incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a ninja, not as a lesbian ^.-)
      >will no doubt become the new rage among yuri fans! ^^

      I've already seen the first three episodes, and I have to say, I haven't
      laughed so hard at an anime since, well... Sensei No Ojikan. Shinobu and
      Kaede's budding relationship sure is cute and interesting, though. I
      guess Death Squad should hurry up and sub episode 4, now!

      --
      ---
      Robert Kelly - "My heart is now accessed."
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
        On Aug 3, 2004, at 8:26 PM, shirobara12 wrote:

        > It's so odd that nobody here is talking about the Shinobuden anime,
        > in the Yuri ML and the Shoujo-ai forum the threads have been going on
        > for four weeks... ?_? Anyway, this is just for telling those of you who
        > may not know that you should check it out!! ^^ Now that a group
        > is finally making a fansub, the adventures of Shinobu the cute and
        > incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a ninja, not as a lesbian
        > ^.-)
        > will no doubt become the new rage among yuri fans! ^^

        I'm currently downloading the first three episodes based on what I saw
        on Jascii and Momotato. I was going to start a thread after I had
        actually watched it. So stay tuned, we'll get around to it eventually.
        ;)

        -==-
        Serge
        "Everybody's feeling fine, because it's party time!"
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
          >From: "shirobara12" <shirobara12@...>

          >It's so odd that nobody here is talking about the Shinobuden anime,
          >in the Yuri ML and the Shoujo-ai forum the threads have been going on
          >for four weeks... ?_? Anyway, this is just for telling those of you who
          >may not know that you should check it out!! ^^ Now that a group
          >is finally making a fansub, the adventures of Shinobu the cute and
          >incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a ninja, not as a lesbian ^.-)
          >will no doubt become the new rage among yuri fans! ^^

          Y'know - anyone can start a thread here. If you want to talk about
          something, feel free to mention it. :-) It'd be nice to not have to be the
          one who starts.

          I saw the first episode, but while I found it amusing, I didn't see anything
          yuri about it. (One of the fundamental differences between myself and
          Kishiji Bando of the Yuri ML - she sees yuri in any anime where there are
          two girls, particularly if they are little and cute, but I kind of need to
          see something actually *there* before I'll say something has yuri.) But I've
          got the next two downloaded and I'm perfectly willing to keep watching to
          see of something happens beyond holding hands and being cute.

        • Chris Davies
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004

            > I saw the first episode, but while I found it amusing, I didn't see
            anything
            > yuri about it. (One of the fundamental differences between myself
            and
            > Kishiji Bando of the Yuri ML - she sees yuri in any anime where
            there are
            > two girls, particularly if they are little and cute, but I kind of
            need to
            > see something actually *there* before I'll say something has yuri.)

            As recent postings will attest ... it's not just anime where she sees
            that. It's real life, too. Scary, wot?

            Chris Davies.
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "shirobara12" <shirobara12@y...>

              > Now that a group is finally making a fansub, the adventures of
              Shinobu the cute and incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a
              ninja, not as a lesbian ^.-) will no doubt become the new rage among
              yuri fans! ^^

              Okay, I stand corrected. Shinobu is clearly gaga about Kaede, although
              I am still doubtful whther Kaede is List fodder and I'm definitely
              thinking that Madlax is "rage" material, where this isn't, but I
              definitely admit I was wrong. :-)

            • Jen
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
                wrote:

                > "Okay, I stand corrected. Shinobu is clearly gaga about
                Kaede, although ..."

                Watching Shinobu going all gaga about her date with Kaede
                in ep.2 was cute, and seeing her go all psycho (like Sakaki
                trying to touch a kitten) at asking Kaede to share a bath
                were definitely cutesy-haha... but the weird thing is, I'm
                actually having more fun watching the Ninja Boys.

                Why aren't all Ninja Boys so sweet n' funny? Those guys
                are great! We were laughing like crazy at the end of
                episode 2.

                "Look ma! I threw my first shuriken!"

                ^_^

                What really irked me was episode #1. It was REALLY hentai
                in that perverted way, especially compared to the slapstick
                funniness of 2 & 3. I'm just glad they dumped the icky-
                yucky humour for the wackiness.

                Shoujo~ai dramatic angst like MariMite is nice, but
                sometimes I just like a lil' cutesy yuri, like that seen
                in Bottle Fairy. Throw in the Ninja Boys, and I'll
                definitely be downloading episode #4.

                Just dump the yellow pudge.

                Kisses XXOOXX
                Jen
              • shirobara12
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 4, 2004
                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Davies" <cricharddavies@y...>
                  wrote:

                  > As recent postings will attest ... it's not just anime where she sees
                  > that. It's real life, too. Scary, wot?

                  If you mean about the Sailor Moon and Mercury actresses,
                  I think she said they were just good friends...
                  it doesn't sound unlikely to me...

                  White Rose
                • Trishane Lee
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 4, 2004
                    where are you downloading this?

                    wrote:

                    > "Okay, I stand corrected. Shinobu is clearly gaga about
                    Kaede, although ..."

                    Watching Shinobu going all gaga about her date with Kaede
                    in ep.2 was cute, and seeing her go all psycho (like Sakaki
                    trying to touch a kitten) at asking Kaede to share a bath
                    were definitely cutesy-haha... but the weird thing is, I'm
                    actually having more fun watching the Ninja Boys.

                    Why aren't all Ninja Boys so sweet n' funny?  Those guys
                    are great!  We were laughing like crazy at the end of
                    episode 2.

                    "Look ma!  I threw my first shuriken!"

                    ^_^

                    What really irked me was episode #1.  It was REALLY hentai
                    in that perverted way, especially compared to the slapstick
                    funniness of 2 & 3.  I'm just glad they dumped the icky-
                    yucky humour for the wackiness.

                    Shoujo~ai dramatic angst like MariMite is nice, but
                    sometimes I just like a lil' cutesy yuri, like that seen
                    in Bottle Fairy.  Throw in the Ninja Boys, and I'll
                    definitely be downloading episode #4.

                    Just dump the yellow pudge.

                    Kisses XXOOXX
                    Jen

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Do you Yahoo!?
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 4, 2004
                      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Trishane Lee <haruka_clone@y...>
                      wrote:
                      > where are you downloading this?

                      Shirobara already answered this, but i'll answer agin if it helps -
                      through bittorrent, a free file share program. You can find it at
                      http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/ - download it and install it.

                      Unlicensed sub torrents are listed at http://www.animesuki.com

                      You click on a link, download the "torrent", then click on the torrent
                      and download the file. Depending on the server speeds, how many people
                      seeding, etc, you get variable rates.

                      I hope that helps. There's and introduction on the Bittorrent page -
                      that will exlain more.

                    • Chris Davies
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 5, 2004
                        wrote:
                        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Davies" <cricharddavies@y...>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > As recent postings will attest ... it's not just anime where she
                        sees
                        > > that. It's real life, too. Scary, wot?
                        >
                        > If you mean about the Sailor Moon and Mercury actresses,
                        > I think she said they were just good friends...

                        ... you go right on thinking that.

                        Chris Davies.