Re: [Yuricon] Shinobuden

  • Trishane Lee
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
      And where can I find this?

      shirobara12 <shirobara12@...> wrote:
      It's so odd that nobody here is talking about the Shinobuden anime,
      in the Yuri ML and the Shoujo-ai forum the threads have been going on
      for four weeks... ?_? Anyway, this is just for telling those of you who
      may not know that you should check it out!! ^^ Now that a group
      is finally making a fansub, the adventures of Shinobu the cute and
      incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a ninja, not as a lesbian ^.-)
      will no doubt become the new rage among yuri fans! ^^

      White Rose

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • shirobara12
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Trishane Lee <haruka_clone@y...> wrote:

        > > shirobara12 <shirobara12@y...> wrote:
        > > It's so odd that nobody here is talking about the Shinobuden anime,
        > > in the Yuri ML and the Shoujo-ai forum the threads have been going on
        > > for four weeks... ?_? Anyway, this is just for telling those of
        you who
        > > may not know that you should check it out!! ^^ Now that a group
        > > is finally making a fansub, the adventures of Shinobu the cute and
        > > incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a ninja, not as a
        lesbian ^.-)
        > > will no doubt become the new rage among yuri fans! ^^
        >
        > And where can I find this?

        Look for pages who list bittorrent links for subbed anime. Or IRC. :)

        White Rose
      • Robert Kelly
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
          shirobara12 wrote:

          >It's so odd that nobody here is talking about the Shinobuden anime,
          >in the Yuri ML and the Shoujo-ai forum the threads have been going on
          >for four weeks... ?_? Anyway, this is just for telling those of you who
          >may not know that you should check it out!! ^^ Now that a group
          >is finally making a fansub, the adventures of Shinobu the cute and
          >incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a ninja, not as a lesbian ^.-)
          >will no doubt become the new rage among yuri fans! ^^

          I've already seen the first three episodes, and I have to say, I haven't
          laughed so hard at an anime since, well... Sensei No Ojikan. Shinobu and
          Kaede's budding relationship sure is cute and interesting, though. I
          guess Death Squad should hurry up and sub episode 4, now!

          --
          ---
          Robert Kelly - "My heart is now accessed."
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
            On Aug 3, 2004, at 8:26 PM, shirobara12 wrote:

            > It's so odd that nobody here is talking about the Shinobuden anime,
            > in the Yuri ML and the Shoujo-ai forum the threads have been going on
            > for four weeks... ?_? Anyway, this is just for telling those of you who
            > may not know that you should check it out!! ^^ Now that a group
            > is finally making a fansub, the adventures of Shinobu the cute and
            > incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a ninja, not as a lesbian
            > ^.-)
            > will no doubt become the new rage among yuri fans! ^^

            I'm currently downloading the first three episodes based on what I saw
            on Jascii and Momotato. I was going to start a thread after I had
            actually watched it. So stay tuned, we'll get around to it eventually.
            ;)

            -==-
            Serge
            "Everybody's feeling fine, because it's party time!"
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
              >From: "shirobara12" <shirobara12@...>

              >It's so odd that nobody here is talking about the Shinobuden anime,
              >in the Yuri ML and the Shoujo-ai forum the threads have been going on
              >for four weeks... ?_? Anyway, this is just for telling those of you who
              >may not know that you should check it out!! ^^ Now that a group
              >is finally making a fansub, the adventures of Shinobu the cute and
              >incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a ninja, not as a lesbian ^.-)
              >will no doubt become the new rage among yuri fans! ^^

              Y'know - anyone can start a thread here. If you want to talk about
              something, feel free to mention it. :-) It'd be nice to not have to be the
              one who starts.

              I saw the first episode, but while I found it amusing, I didn't see anything
              yuri about it. (One of the fundamental differences between myself and
              Kishiji Bando of the Yuri ML - she sees yuri in any anime where there are
              two girls, particularly if they are little and cute, but I kind of need to
              see something actually *there* before I'll say something has yuri.) But I've
              got the next two downloaded and I'm perfectly willing to keep watching to
              see of something happens beyond holding hands and being cute.

            • Chris Davies
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004

                > I saw the first episode, but while I found it amusing, I didn't see
                anything
                > yuri about it. (One of the fundamental differences between myself
                and
                > Kishiji Bando of the Yuri ML - she sees yuri in any anime where
                there are
                > two girls, particularly if they are little and cute, but I kind of
                need to
                > see something actually *there* before I'll say something has yuri.)

                As recent postings will attest ... it's not just anime where she sees
                that. It's real life, too. Scary, wot?

                Chris Davies.
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "shirobara12" <shirobara12@y...>

                  > Now that a group is finally making a fansub, the adventures of
                  Shinobu the cute and incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a
                  ninja, not as a lesbian ^.-) will no doubt become the new rage among
                  yuri fans! ^^

                  Okay, I stand corrected. Shinobu is clearly gaga about Kaede, although
                  I am still doubtful whther Kaede is List fodder and I'm definitely
                  thinking that Madlax is "rage" material, where this isn't, but I
                  definitely admit I was wrong. :-)

                • Jen
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
                    --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
                    wrote:

                    > "Okay, I stand corrected. Shinobu is clearly gaga about
                    Kaede, although ..."

                    Watching Shinobu going all gaga about her date with Kaede
                    in ep.2 was cute, and seeing her go all psycho (like Sakaki
                    trying to touch a kitten) at asking Kaede to share a bath
                    were definitely cutesy-haha... but the weird thing is, I'm
                    actually having more fun watching the Ninja Boys.

                    Why aren't all Ninja Boys so sweet n' funny? Those guys
                    are great! We were laughing like crazy at the end of
                    episode 2.

                    "Look ma! I threw my first shuriken!"

                    ^_^

                    What really irked me was episode #1. It was REALLY hentai
                    in that perverted way, especially compared to the slapstick
                    funniness of 2 & 3. I'm just glad they dumped the icky-
                    yucky humour for the wackiness.

                    Shoujo~ai dramatic angst like MariMite is nice, but
                    sometimes I just like a lil' cutesy yuri, like that seen
                    in Bottle Fairy. Throw in the Ninja Boys, and I'll
                    definitely be downloading episode #4.

                    Just dump the yellow pudge.

                    Kisses XXOOXX
                    Jen
                  • shirobara12
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 4, 2004
                      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Davies" <cricharddavies@y...>
                      wrote:

                      > As recent postings will attest ... it's not just anime where she sees
                      > that. It's real life, too. Scary, wot?

                      If you mean about the Sailor Moon and Mercury actresses,
                      I think she said they were just good friends...
                      it doesn't sound unlikely to me...

                      White Rose
                    • Trishane Lee
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 4, 2004
                        where are you downloading this?

                        wrote:

                        > "Okay, I stand corrected. Shinobu is clearly gaga about
                        Kaede, although ..."

                        Watching Shinobu going all gaga about her date with Kaede
                        in ep.2 was cute, and seeing her go all psycho (like Sakaki
                        trying to touch a kitten) at asking Kaede to share a bath
                        were definitely cutesy-haha... but the weird thing is, I'm
                        actually having more fun watching the Ninja Boys.

                        Why aren't all Ninja Boys so sweet n' funny?  Those guys
                        are great!  We were laughing like crazy at the end of
                        episode 2.

                        "Look ma!  I threw my first shuriken!"

                        ^_^

                        What really irked me was episode #1.  It was REALLY hentai
                        in that perverted way, especially compared to the slapstick
                        funniness of 2 & 3.  I'm just glad they dumped the icky-
                        yucky humour for the wackiness.

                        Shoujo~ai dramatic angst like MariMite is nice, but
                        sometimes I just like a lil' cutesy yuri, like that seen
                        in Bottle Fairy.  Throw in the Ninja Boys, and I'll
                        definitely be downloading episode #4.

                        Just dump the yellow pudge.

                        Kisses XXOOXX
                        Jen

                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                        Do you Yahoo!?
                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 4, 2004
                          wrote:
                          > where are you downloading this?

                          Shirobara already answered this, but i'll answer agin if it helps -
                          through bittorrent, a free file share program. You can find it at
                          http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/ - download it and install it.

                          Unlicensed sub torrents are listed at http://www.animesuki.com

                          You click on a link, download the "torrent", then click on the torrent
                          and download the file. Depending on the server speeds, how many people
                          seeding, etc, you get variable rates.

                          I hope that helps. There's and introduction on the Bittorrent page -
                          that will exlain more.

                        • Chris Davies
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 5, 2004
                            wrote:
                            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Davies" <cricharddavies@y...>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > As recent postings will attest ... it's not just anime where she
                            sees
                            > > that. It's real life, too. Scary, wot?
                            >
                            > If you mean about the Sailor Moon and Mercury actresses,
                            > I think she said they were just good friends...

                            ... you go right on thinking that.

                            Chris Davies.