Shinobuden

  • shirobara12
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
      It's so odd that nobody here is talking about the Shinobuden anime,
      in the Yuri ML and the Shoujo-ai forum the threads have been going on
      for four weeks... ?_? Anyway, this is just for telling those of you who
      may not know that you should check it out!! ^^ Now that a group
      is finally making a fansub, the adventures of Shinobu the cute and
      incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a ninja, not as a lesbian ^.-)
      will no doubt become the new rage among yuri fans! ^^

      White Rose
    • Trishane Lee
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
        And where can I find this?

        shirobara12 <shirobara12@...> wrote:
        It's so odd that nobody here is talking about the Shinobuden anime,
        in the Yuri ML and the Shoujo-ai forum the threads have been going on
        for four weeks... ?_? Anyway, this is just for telling those of you who
        may not know that you should check it out!! ^^ Now that a group
        is finally making a fansub, the adventures of Shinobu the cute and
        incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a ninja, not as a lesbian ^.-)
        will no doubt become the new rage among yuri fans! ^^

        White Rose

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • shirobara12
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Trishane Lee <haruka_clone@y...> wrote:

          > > shirobara12 <shirobara12@y...> wrote:
          > > It's so odd that nobody here is talking about the Shinobuden anime,
          > > in the Yuri ML and the Shoujo-ai forum the threads have been going on
          > > for four weeks... ?_? Anyway, this is just for telling those of
          you who
          > > may not know that you should check it out!! ^^ Now that a group
          > > is finally making a fansub, the adventures of Shinobu the cute and
          > > incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a ninja, not as a
          lesbian ^.-)
          > > will no doubt become the new rage among yuri fans! ^^
          >
          > And where can I find this?

          Look for pages who list bittorrent links for subbed anime. Or IRC. :)

          White Rose
        • Robert Kelly
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
            shirobara12 wrote:

            >It's so odd that nobody here is talking about the Shinobuden anime,
            >in the Yuri ML and the Shoujo-ai forum the threads have been going on
            >for four weeks... ?_? Anyway, this is just for telling those of you who
            >may not know that you should check it out!! ^^ Now that a group
            >is finally making a fansub, the adventures of Shinobu the cute and
            >incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a ninja, not as a lesbian ^.-)
            >will no doubt become the new rage among yuri fans! ^^

            I've already seen the first three episodes, and I have to say, I haven't
            laughed so hard at an anime since, well... Sensei No Ojikan. Shinobu and
            Kaede's budding relationship sure is cute and interesting, though. I
            guess Death Squad should hurry up and sub episode 4, now!

            --
            ---
            Robert Kelly - "My heart is now accessed."
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
              On Aug 3, 2004, at 8:26 PM, shirobara12 wrote:

              > It's so odd that nobody here is talking about the Shinobuden anime,
              > in the Yuri ML and the Shoujo-ai forum the threads have been going on
              > for four weeks... ?_? Anyway, this is just for telling those of you who
              > may not know that you should check it out!! ^^ Now that a group
              > is finally making a fansub, the adventures of Shinobu the cute and
              > incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a ninja, not as a lesbian
              > ^.-)
              > will no doubt become the new rage among yuri fans! ^^

              I'm currently downloading the first three episodes based on what I saw
              on Jascii and Momotato. I was going to start a thread after I had
              actually watched it. So stay tuned, we'll get around to it eventually.
              ;)

              -==-
              Serge
              "Everybody's feeling fine, because it's party time!"
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
                >From: "shirobara12" <shirobara12@...>

                >It's so odd that nobody here is talking about the Shinobuden anime,
                >in the Yuri ML and the Shoujo-ai forum the threads have been going on
                >for four weeks... ?_? Anyway, this is just for telling those of you who
                >may not know that you should check it out!! ^^ Now that a group
                >is finally making a fansub, the adventures of Shinobu the cute and
                >incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a ninja, not as a lesbian ^.-)
                >will no doubt become the new rage among yuri fans! ^^

                Y'know - anyone can start a thread here. If you want to talk about
                something, feel free to mention it. :-) It'd be nice to not have to be the
                one who starts.

                I saw the first episode, but while I found it amusing, I didn't see anything
                yuri about it. (One of the fundamental differences between myself and
                Kishiji Bando of the Yuri ML - she sees yuri in any anime where there are
                two girls, particularly if they are little and cute, but I kind of need to
                see something actually *there* before I'll say something has yuri.) But I've
                got the next two downloaded and I'm perfectly willing to keep watching to
                see of something happens beyond holding hands and being cute.

              • Chris Davies
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004

                  > I saw the first episode, but while I found it amusing, I didn't see
                  anything
                  > yuri about it. (One of the fundamental differences between myself
                  and
                  > Kishiji Bando of the Yuri ML - she sees yuri in any anime where
                  there are
                  > two girls, particularly if they are little and cute, but I kind of
                  need to
                  > see something actually *there* before I'll say something has yuri.)

                  As recent postings will attest ... it's not just anime where she sees
                  that. It's real life, too. Scary, wot?

                  Chris Davies.
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
                    --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "shirobara12" <shirobara12@y...>

                    > Now that a group is finally making a fansub, the adventures of
                    Shinobu the cute and incompetent lesbian ninja (incompetent as a
                    ninja, not as a lesbian ^.-) will no doubt become the new rage among
                    yuri fans! ^^

                    Okay, I stand corrected. Shinobu is clearly gaga about Kaede, although
                    I am still doubtful whther Kaede is List fodder and I'm definitely
                    thinking that Madlax is "rage" material, where this isn't, but I
                    definitely admit I was wrong. :-)

                  • Jen
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 3, 2004
                      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
                      wrote:

                      > "Okay, I stand corrected. Shinobu is clearly gaga about
                      Kaede, although ..."

                      Watching Shinobu going all gaga about her date with Kaede
                      in ep.2 was cute, and seeing her go all psycho (like Sakaki
                      trying to touch a kitten) at asking Kaede to share a bath
                      were definitely cutesy-haha... but the weird thing is, I'm
                      actually having more fun watching the Ninja Boys.

                      Why aren't all Ninja Boys so sweet n' funny? Those guys
                      are great! We were laughing like crazy at the end of
                      episode 2.

                      "Look ma! I threw my first shuriken!"

                      ^_^

                      What really irked me was episode #1. It was REALLY hentai
                      in that perverted way, especially compared to the slapstick
                      funniness of 2 & 3. I'm just glad they dumped the icky-
                      yucky humour for the wackiness.

                      Shoujo~ai dramatic angst like MariMite is nice, but
                      sometimes I just like a lil' cutesy yuri, like that seen
                      in Bottle Fairy. Throw in the Ninja Boys, and I'll
                      definitely be downloading episode #4.

                      Just dump the yellow pudge.

                      Kisses XXOOXX
                      Jen
                    • shirobara12
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 4, 2004
                        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Davies" <cricharddavies@y...>
                        wrote:

                        > As recent postings will attest ... it's not just anime where she sees
                        > that. It's real life, too. Scary, wot?

                        If you mean about the Sailor Moon and Mercury actresses,
                        I think she said they were just good friends...
                        it doesn't sound unlikely to me...

                        White Rose
                      • Trishane Lee
                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 4, 2004
                          where are you downloading this?

                          wrote:

                          > "Okay, I stand corrected. Shinobu is clearly gaga about
                          Kaede, although ..."

                          Watching Shinobu going all gaga about her date with Kaede
                          in ep.2 was cute, and seeing her go all psycho (like Sakaki
                          trying to touch a kitten) at asking Kaede to share a bath
                          were definitely cutesy-haha... but the weird thing is, I'm
                          actually having more fun watching the Ninja Boys.

                          Why aren't all Ninja Boys so sweet n' funny?  Those guys
                          are great!  We were laughing like crazy at the end of
                          episode 2.

                          "Look ma!  I threw my first shuriken!"

                          ^_^

                          What really irked me was episode #1.  It was REALLY hentai
                          in that perverted way, especially compared to the slapstick
                          funniness of 2 & 3.  I'm just glad they dumped the icky-
                          yucky humour for the wackiness.

                          Shoujo~ai dramatic angst like MariMite is nice, but
                          sometimes I just like a lil' cutesy yuri, like that seen
                          in Bottle Fairy.  Throw in the Ninja Boys, and I'll
                          definitely be downloading episode #4.

                          Just dump the yellow pudge.

                          Kisses XXOOXX
                          Jen

                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                          Do you Yahoo!?
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 4, 2004
                            wrote:
                            > where are you downloading this?

                            Shirobara already answered this, but i'll answer agin if it helps -
                            through bittorrent, a free file share program. You can find it at
                            http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/ - download it and install it.

                            Unlicensed sub torrents are listed at http://www.animesuki.com

                            You click on a link, download the "torrent", then click on the torrent
                            and download the file. Depending on the server speeds, how many people
                            seeding, etc, you get variable rates.

                            I hope that helps. There's and introduction on the Bittorrent page -
                            that will exlain more.

                          • Chris Davies
                            Message 13 of 13 , Aug 5, 2004
                              wrote:
                              > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Davies" <cricharddavies@y...>
                              > wrote:
                              > >
                              > > As recent postings will attest ... it's not just anime where she
                              sees
                              > > that. It's real life, too. Scary, wot?
                              >
                              > If you mean about the Sailor Moon and Mercury actresses,
                              > I think she said they were just good friends...

                              ... you go right on thinking that.

                              Chris Davies.