Re: [Yuricon] Re: Ghost in the Shell Manga announcement from Dark Horse

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3 9:52 AM
      On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 15:55:10 -0000, "Chris Davies"
      <cricharddavies@...> wrote:
      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@h...>
      > > Or skin in general. He's got that Urishihara thing going, where all
      > > the women look like they've been waxed and buffed in a car wash.
      > And that's a *bad* thing ... because ... ?

      Well, those big brushes do chafe rather a bit...
      .oO("I guess 'Inbreeders Monthly' was already taken?" )
    • unclero@lycos.nl
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 4 6:59 PM
        > Heh. *pets the Japanese edition on the shelf*

        Heh.. *pets Dutch edition on the shelf*

        > Shirow really shouldn't be allowed to draw female anatomy, though...

        He did some games and I think there went something wrong with a couple of
        braincells, since then his art has been highly H rated.
        But I have to admit that he is one of the few people who can actually draw
        girls as good (read: hot) as boys.. others are Utatane and Hiroya.
        *pets Shirow calendar*

        Ro'

        NB: I suddenly remember that I have translated 'that' part of the Dutch
        manga, and that a friend of mine uploaded it to the Files section.....years
        ago.
      • BlueRoseDeya@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 4 8:33 PM
          In a message dated 8/2/2004 8:58:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, anilesbocon01@... writes:
          "Ghost in the Shell Re-print from Dark Horse (2004-08-02 19:08:19)
          Dark Horse Comics has announced that they will be releasing a Ghost in
          the Shell 2nd Edition. The 2nd edition will be a re-release of the
          original Ghost in the Shell manga will include "additional material
          not published in previous U.S. editions." Ghost in the Shell 2nd
          edition will be released on October 6th for $24.95, will carry an 18+
          age advisory and be shrink-wrapped. "

          So, it looks like their putting the lesbian sex scene back in. The
          times, they are a-changin'. :-)

          *dances*

          -sharon