Re: Ghost in the Shell Manga announcement from Dark Horse

  • Chris Davies
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3, 2004
      > >From: Clarissa Smith <claris@s...>
      > >
      > >Heh. *pets the Japanese edition on the shelf*
      > >
      > >Shirow really shouldn't be allowed to draw female anatomy,
      though...

      > Or skin in general. He's got that Urishihara thing going, where all
      the
      > women look like they've been waxed and buffed in a car wash. :-)

      And that's a *bad* thing ... because ... ?

      Chris Davies.
    • Adam Jones
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3, 2004
        On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 15:55:10 -0000, "Chris Davies"
        <cricharddavies@...> wrote:
        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@h...>
        > > Or skin in general. He's got that Urishihara thing going, where all
        > > the women look like they've been waxed and buffed in a car wash.
        > And that's a *bad* thing ... because ... ?

        Well, those big brushes do chafe rather a bit...
        .oO("I guess 'Inbreeders Monthly' was already taken?" )
      • unclero@lycos.nl
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 4, 2004
          > Heh. *pets the Japanese edition on the shelf*

          Heh.. *pets Dutch edition on the shelf*

          > Shirow really shouldn't be allowed to draw female anatomy, though...

          He did some games and I think there went something wrong with a couple of
          braincells, since then his art has been highly H rated.
          But I have to admit that he is one of the few people who can actually draw
          girls as good (read: hot) as boys.. others are Utatane and Hiroya.
          *pets Shirow calendar*

          Ro'

          NB: I suddenly remember that I have translated 'that' part of the Dutch
          manga, and that a friend of mine uploaded it to the Files section.....years
          ago.
        • BlueRoseDeya@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 4, 2004
            In a message dated 8/2/2004 8:58:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, anilesbocon01@... writes:
            "Ghost in the Shell Re-print from Dark Horse (2004-08-02 19:08:19)
            Dark Horse Comics has announced that they will be releasing a Ghost in
            the Shell 2nd Edition. The 2nd edition will be a re-release of the
            original Ghost in the Shell manga will include "additional material
            not published in previous U.S. editions." Ghost in the Shell 2nd
            edition will be released on October 6th for $24.95, will carry an 18+
            age advisory and be shrink-wrapped. "

            So, it looks like their putting the lesbian sex scene back in. The
            times, they are a-changin'. :-)

            *dances*

            -sharon