Re: [Yuricon] Ghost in the Shell Manga announcement from Dark Horse

  • Clarissa Smith
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2004
      Heh. *pets the Japanese edition on the shelf*

      Shirow really shouldn't be allowed to draw female anatomy, though...

      --
      Clarissa Cates-Smith Ryan
      claris@...
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2004
        >From: Clarissa Smith <claris@...>
        >
        >Heh. *pets the Japanese edition on the shelf*
        >
        >Shirow really shouldn't be allowed to draw female anatomy, though...

        Or skin in general. He's got that Urishihara thing going, where all the
        women look like they've been waxed and buffed in a car wash. :-)

        Oh, on a completely different topic - my Otakon report will be forthcoming,
        once I recover. :-)

        Overwhelmed by debt? Find out how to �Dig Yourself Out of Debt� from MSN
        Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0407debt.armx
      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2004
          On Aug 2, 2004, at 9:13 PM, Erica Friedman wrote:

          >> From: Clarissa Smith <claris@...>
          >>
          >> Heh. *pets the Japanese edition on the shelf*
          >>
          >> Shirow really shouldn't be allowed to draw female anatomy, though...
          >
          > Or skin in general. He's got that Urishihara thing going, where all the
          > women look like they've been waxed and buffed in a car wash. :-)

          <mock outrage> Philistines!!! </>

          I have been a Shirow fanboy for many, many years, he and Patrick Nagel
          are the biggest influences for my drawing style. And whatever Shirow's
          anatomical distortions are, at least he's not Rob Liefeld.

          Oh, and now that they're printing it uncut, I'll finally get around to
          buying it. I could never bring myself to do it before.

          > Oh, on a completely different topic - my Otakon report will be
          > forthcoming,
          > once I recover. :-)

          Best. Con. Ever.

          -==-
          Serge
          "Everybody's feeling fine, because it's party time!"
        • Chris Davies
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3, 2004
            > >From: Clarissa Smith <claris@s...>
            > >
            > >Heh. *pets the Japanese edition on the shelf*
            > >
            > >Shirow really shouldn't be allowed to draw female anatomy,
            though...

            > Or skin in general. He's got that Urishihara thing going, where all
            the
            > women look like they've been waxed and buffed in a car wash. :-)

            And that's a *bad* thing ... because ... ?

            Chris Davies.
          • Adam Jones
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 3, 2004
              On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 15:55:10 -0000, "Chris Davies"
              <cricharddavies@...> wrote:
              > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@h...>
              > > Or skin in general. He's got that Urishihara thing going, where all
              > > the women look like they've been waxed and buffed in a car wash.
              > And that's a *bad* thing ... because ... ?

              Well, those big brushes do chafe rather a bit...
              .oO("I guess 'Inbreeders Monthly' was already taken?" )
            • unclero@lycos.nl
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 4, 2004
                > Heh. *pets the Japanese edition on the shelf*

                Heh.. *pets Dutch edition on the shelf*

                > Shirow really shouldn't be allowed to draw female anatomy, though...

                He did some games and I think there went something wrong with a couple of
                braincells, since then his art has been highly H rated.
                But I have to admit that he is one of the few people who can actually draw
                girls as good (read: hot) as boys.. others are Utatane and Hiroya.
                *pets Shirow calendar*

                Ro'

                NB: I suddenly remember that I have translated 'that' part of the Dutch
                manga, and that a friend of mine uploaded it to the Files section.....years
                ago.
              • BlueRoseDeya@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 4, 2004
                  In a message dated 8/2/2004 8:58:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, anilesbocon01@... writes:
                  "Ghost in the Shell Re-print from Dark Horse (2004-08-02 19:08:19)
                  Dark Horse Comics has announced that they will be releasing a Ghost in
                  the Shell 2nd Edition. The 2nd edition will be a re-release of the
                  original Ghost in the Shell manga will include "additional material
                  not published in previous U.S. editions." Ghost in the Shell 2nd
                  edition will be released on October 6th for $24.95, will carry an 18+
                  age advisory and be shrink-wrapped. "

                  So, it looks like their putting the lesbian sex scene back in. The
                  times, they are a-changin'. :-)

                  *dances*

                  -sharon