Ghost in the Shell Manga announcement from Dark Horse

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2004
      From the Anime News Network:

      "Ghost in the Shell Re-print from Dark Horse (2004-08-02 19:08:19)
      Dark Horse Comics has announced that they will be releasing a Ghost in
      the Shell 2nd Edition. The 2nd edition will be a re-release of the
      original Ghost in the Shell manga will include "additional material
      not published in previous U.S. editions." Ghost in the Shell 2nd
      edition will be released on October 6th for $24.95, will carry an 18+
      age advisory and be shrink-wrapped. "

      So, it looks like their putting the lesbian sex scene back in. The
      times, they are a-changin'. :-)

    • Clarissa Smith
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2004
        Heh. *pets the Japanese edition on the shelf*

        Shirow really shouldn't be allowed to draw female anatomy, though...

        --
        Clarissa Cates-Smith Ryan
        claris@...
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2004
          >From: Clarissa Smith <claris@...>
          >
          >Heh. *pets the Japanese edition on the shelf*
          >
          >Shirow really shouldn't be allowed to draw female anatomy, though...

          Or skin in general. He's got that Urishihara thing going, where all the
          women look like they've been waxed and buffed in a car wash. :-)

          Oh, on a completely different topic - my Otakon report will be forthcoming,
          once I recover. :-)

          Overwhelmed by debt? Find out how to �Dig Yourself Out of Debt� from MSN
          Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0407debt.armx
        • Chalcahuite
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 2, 2004
            On Aug 2, 2004, at 9:13 PM, Erica Friedman wrote:

            >> From: Clarissa Smith <claris@...>
            >>
            >> Heh. *pets the Japanese edition on the shelf*
            >>
            >> Shirow really shouldn't be allowed to draw female anatomy, though...
            >
            > Or skin in general. He's got that Urishihara thing going, where all the
            > women look like they've been waxed and buffed in a car wash. :-)

            <mock outrage> Philistines!!! </>

            I have been a Shirow fanboy for many, many years, he and Patrick Nagel
            are the biggest influences for my drawing style. And whatever Shirow's
            anatomical distortions are, at least he's not Rob Liefeld.

            Oh, and now that they're printing it uncut, I'll finally get around to
            buying it. I could never bring myself to do it before.

            > Oh, on a completely different topic - my Otakon report will be
            > forthcoming,
            > once I recover. :-)

            Best. Con. Ever.

            -==-
            Serge
            "Everybody's feeling fine, because it's party time!"
          • Chris Davies
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 3, 2004
              > >From: Clarissa Smith <claris@s...>
              > >
              > >Heh. *pets the Japanese edition on the shelf*
              > >
              > >Shirow really shouldn't be allowed to draw female anatomy,
              though...

              > Or skin in general. He's got that Urishihara thing going, where all
              the
              > women look like they've been waxed and buffed in a car wash. :-)

              And that's a *bad* thing ... because ... ?

              Chris Davies.
            • Adam Jones
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 3, 2004
                On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 15:55:10 -0000, "Chris Davies"
                <cricharddavies@...> wrote:
                > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@h...>
                > > Or skin in general. He's got that Urishihara thing going, where all
                > > the women look like they've been waxed and buffed in a car wash.
                > And that's a *bad* thing ... because ... ?

                Well, those big brushes do chafe rather a bit...
                .oO("I guess 'Inbreeders Monthly' was already taken?" )
              • unclero@lycos.nl
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 4, 2004
                  > Heh. *pets the Japanese edition on the shelf*

                  Heh.. *pets Dutch edition on the shelf*

                  > Shirow really shouldn't be allowed to draw female anatomy, though...

                  He did some games and I think there went something wrong with a couple of
                  braincells, since then his art has been highly H rated.
                  But I have to admit that he is one of the few people who can actually draw
                  girls as good (read: hot) as boys.. others are Utatane and Hiroya.
                  *pets Shirow calendar*

                  Ro'

                  NB: I suddenly remember that I have translated 'that' part of the Dutch
                  manga, and that a friend of mine uploaded it to the Files section.....years
                  ago.
                • BlueRoseDeya@aol.com