Madlax ep 17

  • Andy00@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2004
      Episode 17   (Vanessa is still alive, hey, I had to say it.)

      Spoilers
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      But she is having a bit of a Gabrielle moment, since she shot at that soldier with the intent to kill.  (She only hit him in the arm, though.)

      Madlax shares a bit of her philosophy without smothering Vanessa, and she starts to come to grips.  In fact, she asks Madlax to train her in shooting.  (Woo!  Guns = Intimacy, as any Noir fan knows. <g>)

      Which she's going to need, as Enfan has framed the murder of a member of the Gazth-Sonika Royal Family on the two of them.    (So the entire country is after them.)

      Meanwhile, Margaret and Elinor (I'm using Lunar spellings) find out about the frame up via the news and from Vanessa's hacker friend.  They decide to head out to Gazth-Sonika.   (Oh dear.)

      Margaret's sneaking ability are just about as legendarily bad as one might suspect.  (She cheerfully tells an agent that they're going to go find Vanessa) but they're saved by Corrosur's Jedi Mind Tricks.  ("You don't need to see their identification.")   He decides to join their little party.    Corrosur probably couldn't alter Margaret's mind, but he really doesn't need to, since Margaret believes anything he says, and despite objections to the "coincidence" his being on the same plane and hotel they're going to, Elinor will do anything Margaret wants.

      Episode ends with Margaret's and Madlax's car passing each other on the street in slow-mo.  (Madlax has abused this shoujo convention three times now.)
    • the_judy_justice
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2004
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Andy00@a... wrote:
        > Episode 17 (Vanessa is still alive, hey, I had to say it.)

        <snips>

        > Spoilers
        > .

        You forgot to mention that Margarette says "I love you" to Elinor.
        That was as sweet as it was short.

        -J

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2004
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Andy00@a... wrote:

          Dude -

          This was way uncool. It's fine to post spoilers, but you need to do
          them BELOW the spoiler space for people who don't want to see it.

          Please be a little more considerate, thanks.