[CON] YAOI-CON 2004: SNUGGLE WITH A BISHIE THIS HALLOWEEN!!

  • Autumn
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 27, 2004
      [Posted with permission from the List Owner]

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      Yaoi-Con 2004
      October 29-31, 2004
      San Francisco, CA
      http://www.yaoicon.com
      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

      THE CLOCK IS TICKING! DON'T MISS OUT!!

      The dog-days of August will be here before you know it and along
      with the heat comes the debut of Tales of Anime! ToA is on a quest
      to provide you with a unique, theme-based con experience! This
      year's theme is Heroes & Demons and will permeate every aspect of
      the con! Activities include brand-spankin' new anime videos;
      intriguing panels and workshops, and the "Survival Horror"-themed
      cosplay. What's more, attendees of all ages are invited to
      participate in a slew of games and activities for the chance to win
      some terrific anime prizes!

      So break out the wigs, gear up the Singer, and prepare to have a
      heck of a great time!

      Tales of Anime hits the streets August 28, 2004 in San Francisco, CA
      so pre-register today!

      --[ http://talesofanime.com/ ]

      YAOI: WESTERN-STYLE ON THE EAST COAST!!

      If you're going to be at Otakon 2004 in Baltimore, MD this July,
      then check out the Yaoi panel! This year's topic is Yaoi: Western
      Style. Discussion will cover the phenomenal spread of our favorite
      genre through the US, and why it's prompted so many American artists
      and writers to jump on the yaoi bandwagon! It's sure to be fun and
      educational so don't miss out! Best of all, DOOR PRIZES!! Get a
      ticket, win cool stuff! Couldn't be simpler!

      The yaoi panel will be held on Friday, July 30 at 10 p.m.! Last
      year there was standing room only so come early! And, just like
      Yaoi-Con, the panel is for those 18 years and older. You WILL be
      carded at the door!!

      -- [ http://www.otakon.com ]

      ECCHINESS LOVES COMPANY!!

      The Yaoi-Con Forums are now live!! Here you can find everything you
      ever thought you might possibly want to know about the con!
      Announcements, Registration FAQs, even which other yaoi-lovers live
      near you! You name it, you can find it on the Forums! Because,
      there's no such thing as too much information!

      -- [ http://yaoicon.com/component/option,com_simpleboard/Itemid,80/ ]

      AND THE WINNER IS…

      Well, once we figure it out, we'll be sure to let you know! The
      competition for the 2004 Fairy Tale Ficlet Contest was fierce and
      the judges are being pushed to their decision making limits! The
      contestants were tasked to come up with an original piece of
      fanfiction by combining their favorite fairy tales with their
      favorite anime. They did such a fantastic job that we're still
      trying to figure out who will take the top prize. Stay tuned for
      the announcement of the winner! We thank you for your patience and
      thanks to everyone who entered!!

      ALL HAIL THE ANTHOLOGY FINALISTS!!

      Your eye doctor will love us! Why? Because your peepers will be
      glued to the pages of the 2004 Yaoi-Con Fiction Anthology! Once
      again, this year's Anthology features a terrific collection of
      fanfiction and original works from a slew of wonderful authors!
      Also included are some amazing pieces of art to enhance your reading
      (and drooling) experience! The competition was fierce but *you* are
      the real winner!

      -- [ http://yaoicon.com/content/category/13/37/66/ ]

      WHERE ARE THE MEN?!!

      At the Bishounen Auction, of course!! This insanely popular Yaoi-
      Con original returns for another year of wild, wicked fun! Come
      join hordes of screaming ladies as you ogle and bid for this year's
      group of lovely lads! It's intense, hot, and more fun than most
      mortal women can stand! But, not you! You're SPECIAL! So, bring
      your wallets or go home sad!!

      Fellas, think you have it in you to strut your stuff on-stage
      amongst yells and shouts to "Take it all off?!" Can you deliver
      quality fanservice in front of hundreds of women – and a few men --
      with money to burn?! Then we want you!! All are welcome! Tall or
      short, buff or skinny, bold or shy! (The shy ones always get more
      bids!)

      Make a sugar momma happy and sign up for the auction today!!

      Details and registration form on the Yaoi-Con Events' page:

      -- [ http://yaoicon.com/content/category/20/43/#events ]

      -------------
      HONK IF YOU LOVE PADDLES…I MEAN, PANELS!!
      -------------

      Wanted: folks who love to talk and know what they're talking about!
      Panelists are needed for Yaoi-Con and Tales of Anime! Have a topic
      on which you're just dying to pontificate to a room full of like
      minded folks? Then, satisfy your need to blab in your very own
      panel!

      If interested, contact panels @ yaoicon.com

      -- [http://yaoicon.com/content/category/13/32/59/ ]

      -------------
      THE PRETTY MEN ARE STUCK IN MY HEAD!!
      -------------
      Has this phrase ever plagued your thoughts? Do you purge the
      visions by expressing your obsessions through visual art? If so,
      then this is the announcement for you!

      Calling all artists to the Yaoi-Con Artists' Alley, Fan Corridor,
      and Art Show! If you just want a place to hang out, draw, and sell
      your commissions, prints, or at-con artwork without shelling out
      extra dough, then Artists' Alley is for you. On the other hand, if
      you know that you have a ton of stuff to distribute to the drooling
      masses, including doujinshi, t-shirts, mousepads, or any
      merchandise, and want a guaranteed space to sell your goods, sign up
      for a table in the Fan Corridor. And, if you're just ALL THAT, come
      hang out with the big girls (and boys!) in the Art Show where
      wallets are opened and the bidding is fast and furious!

      You can find info for each of these exciting events here:

      Artists' Alley: http://yaoicon.com/content/view/51/75/

      Fan Corridor: http://yaoicon.com/content/view/52/75/

      Art Show: http://yaoicon.com/content/category/13/47/75/

      Thanks!

      Shuu_Aki
      PR Staff
      Yaoi-Con 2004
      http://www.yaoicon.com
    • Chris Davies
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 27, 2004
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Autumn" <peatian@y...> wrote:

        > [Posted with permission from the List Owner]

        Gee, thanks heaps, List Owner.

        OT: "Cagney clenched her teeth in quiet desperation. If only Lacey
        would throw *her* up against the wall and snarl softly into *her* ear
        the way she was doing to that perp!"

        Chris Davies.
        (W. all due apol. to Alan Moore.)
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 27, 2004
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Davies" <cricharddavies@y...>
          wrote:
          > > [Posted with permission from the List Owner]
          >
          > Gee, thanks heaps, List Owner.

          Originally, it was a mutual relationship, but amazingly, our posts
          never appeared on their list. So I stopped bothering. However, I see
          no reason to stop them from posting, since that would be petty and
          pointless.

          I only do petty when I get a good return on investment. :-)

        • web_stuff
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 28, 2004
            Message: 4
            Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:59:50 -0000
            From: "Chris Davies" <cricharddavies@...>
            Subject: Re: [CON] YAOI-CON 2004: SNUGGLE WITH A BISHIE THIS HALLOWEEN!!

            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Autumn" <peatian@y...> wrote:

            > [Posted with permission from the List Owner]

            Gee, thanks heaps, List Owner.

            OT: "Cagney clenched her teeth in quiet desperation. If only Lacey
            would throw *her* up against the wall and snarl softly into *her* ear
            the way she was doing to that perp!"

            Chris Davies.
            (W. all due apol. to Alan Moore.)

            Message: 5
            Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:07:21 -0000
            From: "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@...>

            wrote:
            > > [Posted with permission from the List Owner]
            >
            > Gee, thanks heaps, List Owner.
            >

            > Originally, it was a mutual relationship, but amazingly, our posts
            > never appeared on their list. So I stopped bothering. However, I see
            > no reason to stop them from posting, since that would be petty and
            > pointless.

            > I only do petty when I get a good return on investment. :-)

            Hmmm, does that mean we can't make fun of them either? I mean, dagnabit, now
            I have pretty boys stuck in my head and that is damn uncomfortable for a
            lesbian!

            And Chris, you were way closer to being on topic than pretty boys...

            Stacy

            P.S. Working on getting Cagney and Lacey stuck in her head instead.

          • Trishane Lee
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 29, 2004
              Cagney and Lacey? I think I missed something somewhere.... @_@

              Message: 4