Re: summary of Marimite ~Haru~ ep 1

    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 5, 2004
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@c...>
      wrote:

      > Then she implores
      > Maria-sama to let the shininess of this current time in her life
      last forever.

      I wonder if Maria-sama would do the same for me. LOL

      > I really like the pictures in the ED, and the eyecatch... so sweet.
      :-D

      Yeah, they are. Even the First Lady though they upped the yuri rating
      a bit with those - especially the Shimako-Noriko one.

      Did anyone else thing Kashiwagi looked like Touga's "father" in the
      Utena movie - that same creepy smile...???

      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 5, 2004
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@c...>
        wrote:

        And thank you, Erin, for the exhaustingly detailed synopsis!

      • karen_saku
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 5, 2004
          > Did anyone else thing Kashiwagi looked like Touga's "father" in
          >the Utena movie - that same creepy smile...???
          Ewww....thanks for that disturbing thought. Now I can imagine Akio
          as well.

          E.S.
        • shane outram
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 5, 2004
            thank you very much for the summary i hope someone subs it soon, being
            dialup and having to conserve bandwidth can be a real annoyance at times

            oh and since its the 1st time ive ever posted thank you for forming this
            lovely group

            Get a Virgin Credit Card and win an adventure:
            http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;8661322;9498324;s?http://www.promo.com.au/virgincreditcard/firstbirthday/track.cfm?source=N92
          • Bernie
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 6, 2004
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@c...>
              wrote:
              Yumi is confused and Sei says, "Did I say anyone else was
              > coming? ... You fell into my trap, Yumi-chan." The look on Yumi's
              face
              > right after that is PRICELESS.

              Especially accompanied by the sound fx of the wind blowing through the
              trees...I couldn't stop laughing :D

              Thanks, Erin, for the wonderfully detailed recap! It really makes
              watching the raws so much easier and fun :)

              ZY
            • donnaneely
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 6, 2004
                hopefully Huge Delighted Thank Yous can be repeated many times.

                Erin you are a Goddess. This is so comprehensive, and wonderful to
                have.

                <satisfied sigh> donnaneely
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 6, 2004
                  >From: "shane outram" <shane___outram@...>

                  >thank you very much for the summary i hope someone subs it soon, being
                  >dialup and having to conserve bandwidth can be a real annoyance at times

                  Yes, but it's important to remember that the world does NOT owe us free
                  fansubs and that they are basically illegal in any case. So what we really
                  want is legitimately licensed releases that we can buy and support an
                  industry that needs the influx of money if it is to survive.

                  I know that it's the "call of the Internet" but information just isn't free,
                  never was and never will be.

                  >oh and since its the 1st time ive ever posted thank you for forming this
                  >lovely group

                  You're quite welcome - and welcome to the list!! :-)

                  Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up � now 2 months FREE!
                • Chalcahuite
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 6, 2004
                    On Jul 5, 2004, at 9:59 PM, Erin Subramanian wrote:

                    > Then they get into the car, and it takes Yumi a minute to notice that
                    > Sei's the one who's going to drive them. Then when Sei took off I
                    > really
                    > feared for Yumi's life... @_@

                    I haven't seen the raw yet, as MS "conveniently" forgot to include the
                    .wmv9 codec in the Mac version of the WMP 9, but this picture on 2-chan
                    corresponds to my mental picture of the scene as described above:
                    http://219.111.16.16/7/src/1089110512122.jpg. So I thought I'd share.
                    ;)

                    And I'll echo everyone's thanks for the summary as well. It just whets
                    my appetite for whatever version I finally get my hands on.

                    -==-
                    Serge
                  • sorceressknight0
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 6, 2004
                      Just wondering, where is everybody getting the raw from? I've tried
                      looking around with google but I can't find anything. :/

                      Any help would be appreciated! :)

                      -Kevin
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 6, 2004
                        >From: "sorceressknight0" <treize987@...>
                        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                        >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: summary of Marimite ~Haru~ ep 1
                        >Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 23:49:36 -0000
                        >
                        >Just wondering, where is everybody getting the raw from? I've tried
                        >looking around with google but I can't find anything. :/

                        http://www.l33t-raws.com/bt/

                      • sorceressknight0
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 6, 2004
                          Thanks! You totally made my day. I love this series. :)

                          And thanks to Erin for the great translation!

                          -Kevin
                        • shane outram
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 6, 2004
                            >From: "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@...>
                            >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                            >Subject: RE: [Yuricon] summary of Marimite ~Haru~ ep 1
                            >Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 08:57:18 -0400
                            >
                            > >From: "shane outram" <shane___outram@...>
                            >
                            > >thank you very much for the summary i hope someone subs it soon, being
                            > >dialup and having to conserve bandwidth can be a real annoyance at times
                            >
                            >Yes, but it's important to remember that the world does NOT owe us free
                            >fansubs and that they are basically illegal in any case. So what we really
                            >want is legitimately licensed releases that we can buy and support an
                            >industry that needs the influx of money if it is to survive.

                            yes i dont argue that but its still an annyonce and whilst we have a good
                            anime industry for our country size here in australia there are many titles
                            and im fairly sure that maria will be one of them that wont get released
                            here :( oh well thats where subs fill the gap for the obsessed amongst us

                            >I know that it's the "call of the Internet" but information just isn't
                            >free,
                            >never was and never will be.
                            >

                            > >oh and since its the 1st time ive ever posted thank you for forming this
                            > >lovely group
                            >
                            >You're quite welcome - and welcome to the list!! :-)
                            >

                            >Cheers,
                            >
                            >Erica
                            >
                            >Yuricon - "For real women who like their women...animated."
                            >http://www.yuricon.org
                            >

                            >"World Shaking" Fanfic - http://www.worldshaking.net
                            >The Fanfic Revolution - http://www.fanficrevolution.org
                            >
                            >Because fanfic does not have to suck

                            Get a Credit Card - 60 sec online response:
                            http://ad.au.doubleclick.net/clk;8097459;9106288;b?http://www.anz.com/aus/promo/qantas5000ninemsn
                            [AU only]
                          • Paula
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jul 7, 2004
                              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "shane outram" <shane___outram@h...>
                              wrote:

                              > yes i dont argue that but its still an annyonce and whilst we have
                              a good
                              > anime industry for our country size here in australia there are
                              many titles
                              > and im fairly sure that maria will be one of them that wont get
                              released
                              > here :( oh well thats where subs fill the gap for the obsessed
                              amongst us

                              Coming from Australia too (the Western side where we are yet to even
                              have a Con of our own) I have to agree. The amount of anime, even
                              though it has increased significantly within a couple of years, is
                              still missing some of those series you just wish you didn't have to
                              go out and spend and extra $20 or so to get the R1 copies, only to
                              find out half a year later that the series will get a release in
                              Australia. That really annoys me.
                              I was even more appalled to find out that the entire 12(? I'm not
                              sure ?) DVD, 2 boxset of Saiyuki will get a release over here, and
                              yet, the Utena series is still not. (This is where I insert my
                              absolute hatred of that anime. Completely and utterly.) At least we
                              got the Utena movie, eh? (In reality though, I don't see how that's
                              going to encourage anime fans into wanting the series after being
                              completely and utterly confused. Heh.)

                              Again, I am a lurker, delurking to add her whole 2 cents from her
                              wisdom of 19 years. Woo, go me!

                              And here's to the hope of Geneon licensing Marimite. And Australia's
                              Madman bringing it over here to boot!
                              (I'd just really like to see Geneon take it over anyone else. Merely
                              my opinion.)

                              - Paula.
                            • Chalcahuite
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jul 7, 2004
                                On Jul 7, 2004, at 11:02 AM, Paula wrote:
                                > And here's to the hope of Geneon licensing Marimite. And Australia's
                                > Madman bringing it over here to boot!
                                > (I'd just really like to see Geneon take it over anyone else. Merely
                                > my opinion.)

                                Which has a pretty darn good chance of becoming reality, considering
                                that Geneon is one of the major sponsors for the series. If someone
                                else ends up licensing it, it will be because Geneon decided to take a
                                pass on it. Which I don't consider likely at all, especially if the
                                buzz among the fan community in general is any indication, this will be
                                licensed before the year is out.

                                -==-
                                Serge
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jul 7, 2004
                                  >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>

                                  >Which has a pretty darn good chance of becoming reality, considering
                                  >that Geneon is one of the major sponsors for the series. If someone
                                  >else ends up licensing it, it will be because Geneon decided to take a
                                  >pass on it. Which I don't consider likely at all, especially if the
                                  >buzz among the fan community in general is any indication, this will be
                                  >licensed before the year is out.

                                  And if they learn their lesson from American industry well, Geneon will soon
                                  be licensing the word "anime" and charging royalties on the use thereof. LOL

                                  I was amazed at how little Geneon announced at AX, so my guess is that they
                                  are going to make big end-of-year announcements for 2005.

                                • Chalcahuite
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jul 7, 2004
                                    OK. I finally saw the raw last night. I don't mind the vocal added to
                                    the OP, it's pretty. And from what I gather it's Ali Project (their
                                    name in the credits, no vocal on the ED) who do the vocals, they're the
                                    same group that did Coppelia no hitsugi, the OP from Noir. The song
                                    itself kind of fits in with their style, though it is much less goth-y.
                                    The summary helped a lot.. A lot of the conversation went by too fast
                                    for me to pick up anything but a couple words here and there, but
                                    knowing what they were talking about beforehand made up for it. And,
                                    yep, big smiles throughout the entire episode.

                                    -==-
                                    Serge