Re: [Yuricon] Re: Semi OT - Thought you might all get a kick out of this

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2004
      On Jul 3, 2004, at 9:40 AM, atheniag wrote:

      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...> wrote:
      >
      >> I'm so suggestible...I'm watching Wimbledon, which made me think of
      >> "Ace wo Nerae" which made me think of Billie jean King, because she
      >> (and Chrs Evert and Martina Navratilova) appear in the manga. Hiromi
      >> loses to BJK, in fact.
      >
      > Well, kids, I just got an email back from the WTT - Billie Jean King
      > would LOVE to have a copy of the volumes of "Ace wo Nerae" where she
      > appears. LOL How fun is that?

      Awesome. <wild speculation mode> Wouldn't it be great, if she got
      curious enough about the whole series, she had to have it translated
      and convinced some company to do it? And then did a big cross marketing
      campaign bringing more people to the industry in general, and our
      little slice of it specifically. </.>

      > As it happens, I'm heading for the bookstore today.
      >
      > I'll write up a nice letter of Yuricon propoganda and ship them along
      > to Ms. King next week. If she writes back, I'll be *sure* to let you
      > know!

      Sure, If nothing else, it's neat. ;)

      -==-
      Serge
    • donnaneely
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2004
        > On Jul 3, 2004, at 9:40 AM, atheniag wrote:
        >
        > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
        wrote:

        > >> I'm so suggestible...I'm watching Wimbledon, which made me think
        of
        > >> "Ace wo Nerae" which made me think of Billie jean King, because
        she
        > >> (and Chrs Evert and Martina Navratilova) appear in the manga.
        Hiromi
        > >> loses to BJK, in fact.
        > >
        > > Well, kids, I just got an email back from the WTT - Billie Jean
        King
        > > would LOVE to have a copy of the volumes of "Ace wo Nerae" where
        she
        > > appears. LOL How fun is that?
        >
        > Awesome. <wild speculation mode> Wouldn't it be great, if she got
        > curious enough about the whole series, she had to have it
        translated
        > and convinced some company to do it? And then did a big cross
        marketing
        > campaign bringing more people to the industry in general, and our
        > little slice of it specifically. </.>

        <shudder> gosh lets hope they dont want to sure the Makers of Ace for
        using the persona of BJK without permission??????

        sorry but just occured to me there might be negative reasons for
        their interest.

        if not then yeah it is load of fun, donnaneely