Re: To ALL 708 members - Watchoo Watchin'???

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2004
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "donnaneely" <donnaneely@y...> wrote:

      Lessee, the current watchlist includes these yuri-less series:

      Initial D Fourth Stage - Don't ask me why, but I actually like this
      series

      Tantei Gakuen Q - like a slightly older Detective Conan

      One Piece - of course, you *could* see Robin and Nami together....

      I am watching the the usual Madlax, Baku-ten, and I have Rizelmine
      ready to go, because I'm a masochist.

      Just watched some Comic Party and Cosplay Complex, because my teeth
      were getting uneven and I needed to grind them down some.

      Sadly, I have also been watching Inu Yasha, because my beloved wife
      likes it.

      And PGSM, of course.

      On the yuri side, I'm *still* reading YajiKita Gakuen Dochuuki and
      finally hit the chapter where Kita goes all out in tux and make-up,
      looking very Takarazuka, at a dance lounge. :-)

    • Chalcahuite
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2004
        On Jul 2, 2004, at 7:11 PM, donnaneely wrote:
        > et vous? please share?? Not that I want to go off topic but would
        > love to hear some new voices. What yuri have you watched lately? Old
        > or new?

        Let's see:

        Baku-ten: I will probably end up being a bad boy and continue to get
        the fansubs if a group decides to keep doing it.

        Madlax: Has to be my favorite current series. Everyone get onboard the
        BeeTrain express to Huh?

        PGSM: No wait, sorry, I lied just now. This is my favorite current
        series. I can't help but smile like a fiend every time I watch it.
        Other than Mamoru's concave chest, I have no complaints. I'm
        concentrating too much when watching Madlax to smile.

        GITS:SAC 2nd Gig: Yes, I'm being a bad boy, but it's Motoko, Shirow and
        Production I.G. It's like crack.

        Sensei no Ojikan, if Seichi picks it up again.

        Legend of Galactic Heroes: Space, Politics and War, also like crack.
        Hopefully, Lunar picks it up again.

        Uninhabited Planet: Survive! Junior High kids stuck on a uncharted
        planet. It's kids show, I know, but it's fun, got some decent writing,
        and I can follow most of it raw. The kanji in the karaoke have kana for
        pronunciation so it's edutainilicious.

        Marimite: Will give PGSM a serious run for the money as my current
        favorite. I'm anticipating lots of smiling. ;)

        Kurau, Since we've been discussing it, I'll probably be bad with this
        one too.

        I was going to watch Otoguzuichi, which is also from Production I.G.
        and seemed to be a historical samurai drama with a female lead, but
        it's licensed prior to airing. So, I'm also looking for other new stuff
        to watch.

        On the on demand Anime Network I'm watching:

        Angelic Layer: CLAMP's sci-fi spin on the sports drama genre.

        New Cutey Honey. it's Go Nagai, 'nuff said.

        Steel Angel Kurumi 2 It's craptacular, and has twice the yuri of
        regular Steel Angel Kurumi.

        Nuku Nuku Dash. I saw the original All Purpose Cat Girl Nuku Nuku way
        back in the day, when anime was a conventions only kind of thing. Nuku
        Nuku was the story of young boy (under 10) and his cat who becomes a
        female android/weapon of mass destruction. Hilarity ensues. Nuku Nuku
        Dash updates the story by aging the boy to adolescene, thus introducing
        a level of sexual tension that didn't exist in the original and making
        it exactly like every other show out there. Also Nuku Nuku goes from
        being a red head to a blonde. I do not approve. ;) I usually end up
        watching this when I'm bored and have run out of real things to watch.

        Full Metal Panic: A strange mix of Mecha, Extra-governmental military
        outfits, questionable science, and high schools. Hilarity ensues.
        Seriously, it works, no yuri within striking distance of this thing,
        but it's not bad. You could do worse.

        Kino's Journey, I watched the first episode, but I was having a hard
        time with the dub, so I don't know if I'm going to continue to watch it
        here. If I can rent this or borrow it on DVD I'll watch it subbed
        instead.

        Najica Blitz Tactics. . . . So I'm a sucker for gratuitous panty shots,
        sue me.

        Cartoon Network:

        Yu Yu Hakusho: Kinda like DBZ, except with plot and characters. Shizuru
        Kuwabara is on The List, but it's mostly about the fights.

        Gundam Seed. A retelling of the original Gundam story, with more
        mechas, more turmoil, more intrigue, more bishonen and bishoujo, and
        therefore more angst. I thought I'd dislike it because it's deriviative
        and I prefer Char and Amuro to everyone else that's appeared since, but
        I don't, it's not horrible, and I'm into it now.

        Inu-Yasha: So, yes, Inu-yasha and Kagome's dance around each other is
        annoying. the quest for the missing jewel shards is deliberately vague
        enough to let the series run as long as conceivably possible, but I
        can't stop watching it. Damn you, Rumiko Takahashi!

        Wolf's Rain: I'm actually waiting for them to get to the twenties
        episode so I can find out what happened at the end. It got licensed and
        everybody dropped it around episode 20.

        Witch Hunter Robin: It's on right after Wolf's Rain, I've seen the
        whole thing already, but I don't feel like getting off the couch and
        going to bed yet. ;)

        I think that's everything, I'm currently watching.

        > Hope everyone has a lovely weekend, and to USA'ers hope it includes
        > an extra day off! ; >

        <pity bait> Nope, people want to buy computers on their off days, so
        I'll be in on Monday, dealing with the ones that broke theirs. ;) </>

        -==-
        Serge
      • Thomas Scroggs
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2004
          I'm afraid all I have time to watch is from my club
          right now so nothing too unique.

          Ghost in the Shell: SAC - Just the Laughing Man arch,
          but we are also showing some little shorts on the
          little blue tanks and they are hillarious.

          Planets - If nothing else the "Fay needs a Cirgerate"
          episode is worth seeing at LEAST once. I think it is
          episode 11 or so.

          Princess Tutu - Strange, in a somewhat atractive way.
          It kinda grows on you.

          Then there is a whole bunch of random stuff, such as
          the Entire Macross Plus saga.

          =====
          --------------------
          I have an over active imagination...
          ...and it leaks.

          Life needs Save Points, and a clearer skill system.

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 6, 2004
            >From: Thomas Scroggs <trscroggs@...>

            >Planetes - If nothing else the "Fay needs a Cirgerate"
            >episode is worth seeing at LEAST once. I think it is
            >episode 11 or so.

            I distinctly remember spending a full 24 hours croaking, "I *really* need
            coffee" while I was constantly pulled away to do something else. I
            sympathized deeply with Fay.

            MSN Life Events gives you the tips and tools to handle the turning points in
            your life. http://lifeevents.msn.com