Re: Semi OT - Thought you might all get a kick out of this

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2004

      > I'm so suggestible...I'm watching Wimbledon, which made me think of
      > "Ace wo Nerae" which made me think of Billie jean King, because she
      > (and Chrs Evert and Martina Navratilova) appear in the manga. Hiromi
      > loses to BJK, in fact.

      Well, kids, I just got an email back from the WTT - Billie Jean King
      would LOVE to have a copy of the volumes of "Ace wo Nerae" where she
      appears. LOL How fun is that?

      As it happens, I'm heading for the bookstore today.

      I'll write up a nice letter of Yuricon propoganda and ship them along
      to Ms. King next week. If she writes back, I'll be *sure* to let you
      know!

    • annie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2004
        That's awesome! I hope she personally replies.
        I just watched the women's Wimbledon Championship match. Whoa! I haven't
        been closely following women's tennis since Steffi Graf retired. I'm glad
        that Navratilova, at 47, is still making a few appearances--and recently in
        a big way. It was just too bad that Muaresmo didn't beat Serena in the
        semi. I would've enjoyed the final that much more.

        At 01:40 PM 7/3/2004 +0000, you wrote:
        >--- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...> wrote:
        >
        > > I'm so suggestible...I'm watching Wimbledon, which made me think of
        > > "Ace wo Nerae" which made me think of Billie jean King, because she
        > > (and Chrs Evert and Martina Navratilova) appear in the manga. Hiromi
        > > loses to BJK, in fact.
        >
        >Well, kids, I just got an email back from the WTT - Billie Jean King
        >would LOVE to have a copy of the volumes of "Ace wo Nerae" where she
        >appears. LOL How fun is that?
        >
        >As it happens, I'm heading for the bookstore today.
        >
        >I'll write up a nice letter of Yuricon propoganda and ship them along
        >to Ms. King next week. If she writes back, I'll be *sure* to let you
        >know!
        >
        >Cheers,
        >
        >Erica
      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2004
          On Jul 3, 2004, at 9:40 AM, atheniag wrote:

          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...> wrote:
          >
          >> I'm so suggestible...I'm watching Wimbledon, which made me think of
          >> "Ace wo Nerae" which made me think of Billie jean King, because she
          >> (and Chrs Evert and Martina Navratilova) appear in the manga. Hiromi
          >> loses to BJK, in fact.
          >
          > Well, kids, I just got an email back from the WTT - Billie Jean King
          > would LOVE to have a copy of the volumes of "Ace wo Nerae" where she
          > appears. LOL How fun is that?

          Awesome. <wild speculation mode> Wouldn't it be great, if she got
          curious enough about the whole series, she had to have it translated
          and convinced some company to do it? And then did a big cross marketing
          campaign bringing more people to the industry in general, and our
          little slice of it specifically. </.>

          > As it happens, I'm heading for the bookstore today.
          >
          > I'll write up a nice letter of Yuricon propoganda and ship them along
          > to Ms. King next week. If she writes back, I'll be *sure* to let you
          > know!

          Sure, If nothing else, it's neat. ;)

          -==-
          Serge
        • donnaneely
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3, 2004
            > On Jul 3, 2004, at 9:40 AM, atheniag wrote:
            >
            > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
            wrote:

            > >> I'm so suggestible...I'm watching Wimbledon, which made me think
            of
            > >> "Ace wo Nerae" which made me think of Billie jean King, because
            she
            > >> (and Chrs Evert and Martina Navratilova) appear in the manga.
            Hiromi
            > >> loses to BJK, in fact.
            > >
            > > Well, kids, I just got an email back from the WTT - Billie Jean
            King
            > > would LOVE to have a copy of the volumes of "Ace wo Nerae" where
            she
            > > appears. LOL How fun is that?
            >
            > Awesome. <wild speculation mode> Wouldn't it be great, if she got
            > curious enough about the whole series, she had to have it
            translated
            > and convinced some company to do it? And then did a big cross
            marketing
            > campaign bringing more people to the industry in general, and our
            > little slice of it specifically. </.>

            <shudder> gosh lets hope they dont want to sure the Makers of Ace for
            using the persona of BJK without permission??????

            sorry but just occured to me there might be negative reasons for
            their interest.

            if not then yeah it is load of fun, donnaneely