Re: [Yuricon] Re: Gonzo Living on Air - Bakuretsu Ten 9/10/11

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2004
      On Jun 28, 2004, at 5:24 PM, donnaneely wrote:

      >>> Ep 10 was entirely a "develop Amy" story. Prepuberty rebellion in
      >>> action - techno geek version - an amusing episode for how it makes
      >>> fun of computer geeks but certainly nothing of much depth.
      >

      >> Gotta have one of those, else the Lolicon crowd will bitch
      > incessantly
      >> in the forums and BBSs about how moe she is and how dare they
      > neglect > her ;)
      >

      > Hmmmmmmmmm, the implications in this particular thought are
      > disturbing, eh?

      What? That Gonzo would be pandering to that particularly fetishdom? Not
      really. But, I don't think Bak-ten is pandering to that crowd at all,
      I don't recall seeing any Amy fanservice, or any of the lingering
      camera shots that they give Jo, Meg and Sei. (Either that or I'm not
      paying attention when they do.) Yumeria and UFO Princess Valkyrie offer
      more blatant fodder for that crowd. I was just trying to be sarcastic.

      >>> So I end at the point I started - if you are going to make an
      >>> expensive anime of a bunch of near naked women. Do it in a way
      > that> > actually makes people hot. And it doesnt really hurt Gonzo to
      > have an> > actual story guiding their flagrant presentation.
      >
      >> One the one hand I agree totally, on the other hand, I have low
      >> standards and a high tolerance for sub-par entertainment, so I
      > guess that kinda makes me part of the problem. ;)
      >
      > Okay Serge, you force my hand, I agree!
      >
      > <chuckling> donnaneely

      Finally, someone laughs. It's been a lot of hard work to get a couple
      of laughs out of this crowd. I must really, really suck. ;)

      -==-
      Serge