Re: [Yuricon] Candy Candy

  • unclero@lycos.nl
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 27, 2004
      Ah, youth sentiments (I'm feeling older now =_=)

      I saw this series back when I was a little brat. My sister is still a big
      fan of Candy Candy, she even has a bunch of merchandise and the Dutch manga.
      It was aired on a certain christian channel, wich is known for airing anime
      series like that on a daily base. Too bad I started taping them in the late
      '90ties... when Candy Candy already stopped...

      A couple of years ago, a bunch of older otaku here started a project under
      the title "Protect our national heritage, let's save Candy Candy" or
      something. I think this project kinda bleeded to death after we hunted down
      the last person who might have had the Dutch dubbed masters from back then.
      But in the end, we only got a handfull of masters and ghoststories about how
      masters dissapeared and got stolen and simply got lost somewhere. We're
      still hoping for a miracle tough.

      > I know that the Candy Candy movie was fansubbed - I saw the link at
      > Anime Suki, but I have no idea if it's as gay as the series.

      I dunno either, I grabbed it for my sis. She said it was too short, too bad
      quality and oh, subs suck...
      The plus was that she didnt saw it, and it was something from ahead of the
      series...

      Greetz,

      Ro'