Girly

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 25, 2004
      I know it's come up a few times, but if you're not reading "Girly" by
      josh l, I recommend you go visit it this week:

      http://go-girly.com/index.html

      SPOILER:

      Winter just told Otra that she loves her and they are kissing quite
      passionately, in public. Yay!

    • josephglanvill
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3, 2009
        [quasi-spoiler alert]

        Anyone else feeling suitably bummed out by recent turn of events in the webcomic, Girly?
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3, 2009

           > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > From: thirohk@...
          > Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 09:06:24 +0000
          > Subject: [Yuricon] Girly
          >
          > [quasi-spoiler alert]

          More quasi-spoiler alert lines and space

          because it does not hurt to do so.

          > Anyone else feeling suitably bummed out by recent turn of events in the webcomic, Girly?

          Not bummed - annoyed. I'm pretty sure that Josh will fix it, but there's just about no other stupid plot complocation that annoys me more.

          Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu: http://okazu.blogspot.com "
          World Shaking" Fanfic - http://www.worldshaking.net

        • Jeyl
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3, 2009

            More quasi-spoiler alert lines and space

            because it does not hurt to do so.

            > Anyone else feeling suitably bummed out by recent turn of events in the webcomic, Girly?

            Not bummed - annoyed. I'm pretty sure that Josh will fix it, but there's just about no other stupid plot complocation that annoys me more.

            Hmm. Maybe we're looking at the first possible signs of Girly jumping the shark? Nuking the Fridge? I do get the impression that the author has probably run out of ideas and has dropped his full glass onto the floor in hopes that the clean up will be just as interesting as it was filling it up.

            - Ted the Awesome
          • mara_papimer
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 3, 2009
              > > > Anyone else feeling suitably bummed out by recent turn of events
              > > in the webcomic, Girly?
              > >
              > > Not bummed - annoyed. I'm pretty sure that Josh will fix it, but
              > > there's just about no other stupid plot complocation that annoys me
              > > more.
              > >
              > Hmm. Maybe we're looking at the first possible signs of Girly jumping
              > the shark? Nuking the Fridge? I do get the impression that the author
              > has probably run out of ideas and has dropped his full glass onto the
              > floor in hopes that the clean up will be just as interesting as it was
              > filling it up.

              The optimist in me is hoping that this is a lead up to an "Exactly as planned" moment. Even if the coming revelations ruin Girly's future it does have a solid few hundred pages of gold behind it. So we just have to buy those only and leave it at that.
            • Neo Hrtgdv "Lioncito"
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 25, 2009
                One of the things I like most about Josh's work is that elements from the
                past add up or appear at key moments, I can see him bringing Cute Wendy
                and her sidekick for a inspiring moment. I know Josh will come up with
                something interesting and enjoyable for us.
              • Firia L
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 25, 2009
                  way way WAY back in the day, I liked reading some of Josh's work, cause it was cute, random, and goofy-funny. Then it went all porn. I stopped right then right there as I lost all respect for Josh's work. Good to see he's still working at it, as his style has improved over the years. But I still can't bring myself to read his work without frowning at the sour memory when he decided porn was the direction his cute random goofy-funny strips should have taken.

                  -Lyta

                  To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                  From: neohrtgdv@...
                  Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:10:42 -0500
                  Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Girly

                  One of the things I like most about Josh's work is that elements from the
                  past add up or appear at key moments, I can see him bringing Cute Wendy
                  and her sidekick for a inspiring moment. I know Josh will come up with
                  something interesting and enjoyable for us.

                  Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you’re up to on Facebook. Find out more.
                • mara_papimer
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 26, 2009
                    I'm not sure I understand. Sure some of the strips depict erotic scenes but I would not call them pornographic from what I have read.

                    Or are you referring to his actual online erotic comics? Surely those are separate from his other work, aren't they? It is not as if porn is contagious and infects all other work an artist does.