Re: [Yuricon] Oniisama E silliness

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2004
      On Jun 4, 2004, at 4:54 PM, Clarissa Smith wrote:

      > On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Chalcahuite wrote:
      >
      >> I'm nearly two thirds of the way through Oniisama E and I thought I'd
      >> pass along the Top 5 things I've been saying while watching it.
      >>
      >> 5. What the f@#k?!
      >> 4. What the hell is wrong with you people?!
      >> 3. No way!
      >> 2. This is f#$ked up!
      >> 1. Woah!
      >>

      > Clint's reactions were similar, with a lot of "SOMEONE NEEDS TO SNAP
      > HER
      > NECK!"-type things interjected. He wants to lock up, commit, or
      > seriously
      > injure most of the characters, except Nanako, who he think needs
      > slapped
      > into some sense. Actually, the series disturbs him so much he's
      > refused to
      > watch the rest of it with me. :p

      The only characters I ever really, really wanted to do physical harm to
      were Miaka and Tamahome from Fushugi Yuugi. And really, they deserve
      every bit of it.

      I have now finished watching this series, and I'm kinda disappointed it
      resolved so neatly. The cruelty and pain built up so much, I really
      thought (ok, hoping) it was going to explode into a bloody mess, and
      not implode cleanly like it did. Erica mentioned a couple of weeks ago
      that the manga ends differently, and I'm guessing it got a little
      messy, when Erica said she was surprised that the anime had a happy
      ending. So now I'm really curious to read the manga ending.

      -==-
      Serge
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2004

        > As a side note the above are usually accompanied by laughter and a
        big
        > smile, because it is highly entertaining. I am curious however to
        know
        > what the general reaction was to this series when it first aired.
        > Anybody know or have an educated guess?

        It was hugely popular, because women like soap operas and Ikeda Riyoko
        is a master of the soap.

        Oh, btw, hi, I'm back
      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2004
          On Jun 7, 2004, at 3:12 PM, atheniag wrote:

          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@i...> wrote:
          >>
          >> As a side note the above are usually accompanied by laughter and a
          > big
          >> smile, because it is highly entertaining. I am curious however to
          > know
          >> what the general reaction was to this series when it first aired.
          >> Anybody know or have an educated guess?
          >
          > It was hugely popular, because women like soap operas and Ikeda Riyoko
          > is a master of the soap.

          So I'm noticing.

          > Oh, btw, hi, I'm back

          Welcome back.