Re: [Yuricon] Oniisama E silliness

  • Clarissa Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2004
      On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Chalcahuite wrote:

      > I'm nearly two thirds of the way through Oniisama E and I thought I'd
      > pass along the Top 5 things I've been saying while watching it.
      >
      > 5. What the f@#k?!
      > 4. What the hell is wrong with you people?!
      > 3. No way!
      > 2. This is f#$ked up!
      > 1. Woah!

      Clint's reactions were similar, with a lot of "SOMEONE NEEDS TO SNAP HER
      NECK!"-type things interjected. He wants to lock up, commit, or seriously
      injure most of the characters, except Nanako, who he think needs slapped
      into some sense. Actually, the series disturbs him so much he's refused to
      watch the rest of it with me. :p

      --
      Clarissa Cates-Smith Ryan
      claris@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2004
        On Jun 4, 2004, at 4:54 PM, Clarissa Smith wrote:

        > On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Chalcahuite wrote:
        >
        >> I'm nearly two thirds of the way through Oniisama E and I thought I'd
        >> pass along the Top 5 things I've been saying while watching it.
        >>
        >> 5. What the f@#k?!
        >> 4. What the hell is wrong with you people?!
        >> 3. No way!
        >> 2. This is f#$ked up!
        >> 1. Woah!
        >>

        > Clint's reactions were similar, with a lot of "SOMEONE NEEDS TO SNAP
        > HER
        > NECK!"-type things interjected. He wants to lock up, commit, or
        > seriously
        > injure most of the characters, except Nanako, who he think needs
        > slapped
        > into some sense. Actually, the series disturbs him so much he's
        > refused to
        > watch the rest of it with me. :p

        The only characters I ever really, really wanted to do physical harm to
        were Miaka and Tamahome from Fushugi Yuugi. And really, they deserve
        every bit of it.

        I have now finished watching this series, and I'm kinda disappointed it
        resolved so neatly. The cruelty and pain built up so much, I really
        thought (ok, hoping) it was going to explode into a bloody mess, and
        not implode cleanly like it did. Erica mentioned a couple of weeks ago
        that the manga ends differently, and I'm guessing it got a little
        messy, when Erica said she was surprised that the anime had a happy
        ending. So now I'm really curious to read the manga ending.

        -==-
        Serge
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2004

          > As a side note the above are usually accompanied by laughter and a
          big
          > smile, because it is highly entertaining. I am curious however to
          know
          > what the general reaction was to this series when it first aired.
          > Anybody know or have an educated guess?

          It was hugely popular, because women like soap operas and Ikeda Riyoko
          is a master of the soap.

          Oh, btw, hi, I'm back
        • Chalcahuite
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 7, 2004
            On Jun 7, 2004, at 3:12 PM, atheniag wrote:

            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@i...> wrote:
            >>
            >> As a side note the above are usually accompanied by laughter and a
            > big
            >> smile, because it is highly entertaining. I am curious however to
            > know
            >> what the general reaction was to this series when it first aired.
            >> Anybody know or have an educated guess?
            >
            > It was hugely popular, because women like soap operas and Ikeda Riyoko
            > is a master of the soap.

            So I'm noticing.

            > Oh, btw, hi, I'm back

            Welcome back.