Oniisama E silliness

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2004
      I'm nearly two thirds of the way through Oniisama E and I thought I'd
      pass along the Top 5 things I've been saying while watching it.

      5. What the f@#k?!
      4. What the hell is wrong with you people?!
      3. No way!
      2. This is f#$ked up!
      1. Woah!

      As a side note the above are usually accompanied by laughter and a big
      smile, because it is highly entertaining. I am curious however to know
      what the general reaction was to this series when it first aired.
      Anybody know or have an educated guess?

      -==-
      Serge
    • Clarissa Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2004
        On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Chalcahuite wrote:

        > I'm nearly two thirds of the way through Oniisama E and I thought I'd
        > pass along the Top 5 things I've been saying while watching it.
        >
        > 5. What the f@#k?!
        > 4. What the hell is wrong with you people?!
        > 3. No way!
        > 2. This is f#$ked up!
        > 1. Woah!

        Clint's reactions were similar, with a lot of "SOMEONE NEEDS TO SNAP HER
        NECK!"-type things interjected. He wants to lock up, commit, or seriously
        injure most of the characters, except Nanako, who he think needs slapped
        into some sense. Actually, the series disturbs him so much he's refused to
        watch the rest of it with me. :p

        --
        Clarissa Cates-Smith Ryan
        claris@...
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2004
          On Jun 4, 2004, at 4:54 PM, Clarissa Smith wrote:

          > On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Chalcahuite wrote:
          >
          >> I'm nearly two thirds of the way through Oniisama E and I thought I'd
          >> pass along the Top 5 things I've been saying while watching it.
          >>
          >> 5. What the f@#k?!
          >> 4. What the hell is wrong with you people?!
          >> 3. No way!
          >> 2. This is f#$ked up!
          >> 1. Woah!
          >>

          > Clint's reactions were similar, with a lot of "SOMEONE NEEDS TO SNAP
          > HER
          > NECK!"-type things interjected. He wants to lock up, commit, or
          > seriously
          > injure most of the characters, except Nanako, who he think needs
          > slapped
          > into some sense. Actually, the series disturbs him so much he's
          > refused to
          > watch the rest of it with me. :p

          The only characters I ever really, really wanted to do physical harm to
          were Miaka and Tamahome from Fushugi Yuugi. And really, they deserve
          every bit of it.

          I have now finished watching this series, and I'm kinda disappointed it
          resolved so neatly. The cruelty and pain built up so much, I really
          thought (ok, hoping) it was going to explode into a bloody mess, and
          not implode cleanly like it did. Erica mentioned a couple of weeks ago
          that the manga ends differently, and I'm guessing it got a little
          messy, when Erica said she was surprised that the anime had a happy
          ending. So now I'm really curious to read the manga ending.

          -==-
          Serge
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 7, 2004

            > As a side note the above are usually accompanied by laughter and a
            big
            > smile, because it is highly entertaining. I am curious however to
            know
            > what the general reaction was to this series when it first aired.
            > Anybody know or have an educated guess?

            It was hugely popular, because women like soap operas and Ikeda Riyoko
            is a master of the soap.

            Oh, btw, hi, I'm back
          • Chalcahuite
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 7, 2004
              On Jun 7, 2004, at 3:12 PM, atheniag wrote:

              > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@i...> wrote:
              >>
              >> As a side note the above are usually accompanied by laughter and a
              > big
              >> smile, because it is highly entertaining. I am curious however to
              > know
              >> what the general reaction was to this series when it first aired.
              >> Anybody know or have an educated guess?
              >
              > It was hugely popular, because women like soap operas and Ikeda Riyoko
              > is a master of the soap.

              So I'm noticing.

              > Oh, btw, hi, I'm back

              Welcome back.