OT: Observation

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2004
      So, I suppose it's a positive sign on the state of the industry as a
      whole, when I can walk into a Waldenbooks in an suburban Oklahoma City
      mall and find 3.5 floor to ceiling shelves dedicated to anime and manga
      near the front of the store. It's one thing to read ANN, et al, and
      hear about all these deals to bring anime and manga to the masses, and
      it's completely another to see it in reality.
      I ended up throwing down a C-note and walking out with 10 books, which
      almost got me through the rest of the trip, which is something I wasn't
      able to do the last time I was in OKC four years ago.
      Hopefully, airport bookstores will be next.

      -==-
      Serge