Re: Yuri Opening of Alien 9

  • kethla@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001
      > Note: the two girl (both age 9) who seem to have some sort of
      struggling
      > relationship going on are Otani Yuri and Kawamuru Kumi. I'm working
      on a
      > review with screen shots for my site as we speak and hope to have
      the 3rd ep
      > soon.

      I've seen 1 and 2 of Alien 9 too. Yuri must have spent nearly the
      entire second episode crying. I have to say that Yuri's seiyuu does
      very, very convincing crying. The second episode was almost painful
      for me to watch. I wish Yuri would grow a stronger backbone, though,
      she's starting to remind me of Shinji from Evangelion.

      ~Heather (I think there's only going to be 3 OVA's.)
    • Kathryn Williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001

        > I've seen 1 and 2 of Alien 9 too. Yuri must have spent nearly the
        > entire second episode crying. I have to say that Yuri's seiyuu does
        > very, very convincing crying. The second episode was almost painful
        > for me to watch. I wish Yuri would grow a stronger backbone, though,
        > she's starting to remind me of Shinji from Evangelion.

        I know what you mean I just wrote a long review about this and Yuri's crying
        was so painful to listen to at times... It wasn't like the winey Girls you
        usually hear in Anime. There are alot of rather disturbing elements in the
        series. Hey at least she has a good reason to Cry. I mean she is only 9 and
        has a horrible fear of Aliens I still cant fingure out why they even forced
        her to wear that weird thing in the first place. I've gone through the
        entire Site and I'm not sure how many episodes there will be but it looks
        like maybe five because Episode 3 just same out and there is talk of more
        but what else can they do right? *looks around at all the confused people*
        gotta love talking about anime noone has heard about and trying not to spoil
        any of it for them

        ja

        Kat