Yuri Opening of Alien 9

  • Kathryn Williams
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001
      I've seen all that there is of Alien 9 so far (ep. 1 & 2, 3 just came out in
      Japan Nov 28th) There are alot of Shoujo Ai elements in this Anime including
      one of the girls stating the the two other girl make a nice couple. Anyway I
      found out about this "Yuri" opening and searched everyday for it. I finally
      found it to discover that I made a silly missunderstanding. You se the main
      character is named Otani Yuri. It turns out that the song is song by here
      and the Opening Them is called "Yuri" opps. I don't know what I was
      expecting but now I feel kind of sily for not noticing this before.

      Note: the two girl (both age 9) who seem to have some sort of struggling
      relationship going on are Otani Yuri and Kawamuru Kumi. I'm working on a
      review with screen shots for my site as we speak and hope to have the 3rd ep
      soon.

      ja

      Kat
    • kethla@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001
        > Note: the two girl (both age 9) who seem to have some sort of
        struggling
        > relationship going on are Otani Yuri and Kawamuru Kumi. I'm working
        on a
        > review with screen shots for my site as we speak and hope to have
        the 3rd ep
        > soon.

        I've seen 1 and 2 of Alien 9 too. Yuri must have spent nearly the
        entire second episode crying. I have to say that Yuri's seiyuu does
        very, very convincing crying. The second episode was almost painful
        for me to watch. I wish Yuri would grow a stronger backbone, though,
        she's starting to remind me of Shinji from Evangelion.

        ~Heather (I think there's only going to be 3 OVA's.)
      • Kathryn Williams
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001

          > I've seen 1 and 2 of Alien 9 too. Yuri must have spent nearly the
          > entire second episode crying. I have to say that Yuri's seiyuu does
          > very, very convincing crying. The second episode was almost painful
          > for me to watch. I wish Yuri would grow a stronger backbone, though,
          > she's starting to remind me of Shinji from Evangelion.

          I know what you mean I just wrote a long review about this and Yuri's crying
          was so painful to listen to at times... It wasn't like the winey Girls you
          usually hear in Anime. There are alot of rather disturbing elements in the
          series. Hey at least she has a good reason to Cry. I mean she is only 9 and
          has a horrible fear of Aliens I still cant fingure out why they even forced
          her to wear that weird thing in the first place. I've gone through the
          entire Site and I'm not sure how many episodes there will be but it looks
          like maybe five because Episode 3 just same out and there is talk of more
          but what else can they do right? *looks around at all the confused people*
          gotta love talking about anime noone has heard about and trying not to spoil
          any of it for them

          ja

          Kat