Re: [Yuricon] I Me My Strawberry Egg a Shoujo Ai???

    Message 1 of 39 , Dec 1, 2001
      From: Medea Joy <s_m_j@...>

      >I'd categorize it as "nice idea." I mean, no offense intended, but this
      >strikes me as being like, "Well, I like girls most of the time, but
      >there are some really cute boys..." -- "Yeah, well, but are you lesbian
      >or straight?" Categories can be very useful when they fit, but when they
      >do not work, so what?

      If we held everything to rigid standards here, then "the List" whoul have
      exactly 3 names on it. LOL

      >Sounds like this anime has definitely enough of a Shoujo Ai aspect to be
      >discussed in a place like this-- what's the problem? Do we need to
      >decide whether it's "really" Shoujo Ai when the category obviously does
      >not work here?

      Some shoujoai is fanservice, some implied, some is subtext, some is not much
      more than wishful thinking. It's okay is you think it's not shoujoai, but
      someone else might think it is. We're all different here! :-)

      AniLesboCon 2001 - "For real women who like their women...animated."
      http://anilesbocon.shoujoai.com/

    • Erika =)~
      Message 39 of 39 , Dec 10, 2001
        >From: evespomegranate@...
        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] I Me My Strawberry Egg a Shoujo Ai???
        >Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 01:58:00 EST
        >

        >In a message dated 12/6/01 6:39:27 AM, kakabel@... writes:
        >
        ><< Accidently picked up the box set of FY OVA's and am totally lost... @_@;
        >Haven't seen the original yet... stopped at Nuriko's Death.
        >Am *still* waiting for the next "Ceres" DVD...Am having too much fun with
        >that one..going "Oh it's Yuu! Tamahome with red hair...ect." >>
        >
        >Did they make the FY OVA for some other reason than to confuse ^_^??
        >
        >No, honestly ... the first part of the OVA has NOTHING to do wit the manga.
        >The Second part squishes last 8(?) volumes together, so again, you loose A
        >LOT of what went on. I'd LOVE to find an original copy of the "Manga
        >Escappes" that Tomodachi fansubbing did, since it has the last books in
        >full,
        >plus translation. Since Pioneer picked up the manga though, no one I know
        >of
        >has it, except the version where it's been edited out. Problem with
        >Pioneer
        >is how slow they're releasing the manga.... I figured it out once that by
        >the
        >time they got done I'd either be 36 or 40 (can't remember which). Still, t
        >hat's a bloody long time to wait to finish a series (of course, who's to
        >say
        >they'll even go any further than the part where the original anime ends)
        >=(.
        >
        >As to Ceres... I'm loving it, even if there aren't any Yuri elements. I'm
        >finding it to be a much more seductive series than FY. Watase truly
        >matured
        >as a story teller over the years doing that series, and that maturity and
        >ability really seems to breath in Ceres.
        >
        >-Eve

        No arguments from me on the story-telling aspect. BUt she kept her art style
        wayy to similar... that's why the "Red-headed Tamahome! Yuu as a boy!" type
        things!

        I'm glad that the first is *supposed* top confuse! I thought it was just
        beacuse I hadn't seen the whole thing! :)

        Erika =)~