Re: [Yuricon] I Me My Strawberry Egg a Shoujo Ai???

  • Kathryn Williams
    Message 1 of 39 , Dec 1, 2001
      > Hey Kat,
      >
      > I'd categorize it as "nice idea." I mean, no offense intended, but this
      > strikes me as being like, "Well, I like girls most of the time, but
      > there are some really cute boys..." -- "Yeah, well, but are you lesbian
      > or straight?" Categories can be very useful when they fit, but when they
      > do not work, so what?
      >
      > Sounds like this anime has definitely enough of a Shoujo Ai aspect to be
      > discussed in a place like this-- what's the problem? Do we need to
      > decide whether it's "really" Shoujo Ai when the category obviously does
      > not work here?
      >
      > Again, no offense intended, I just don't see any problem really ;o)
      >
      > . medea joy, who fits neatly into the lesbian box and is happy about it

      Huh? Wha? I simply brought it up as another addition to "The List" and not
      wether is it "Realy" shoujo ai. I think you are confused about why I posted
      this... or I'm confused by your post

      ja

      Kat
    • Erika =)~
      Message 39 of 39 , Dec 10, 2001
        >From: evespomegranate@...
        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] I Me My Strawberry Egg a Shoujo Ai???
        >Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 01:58:00 EST
        >

        >In a message dated 12/6/01 6:39:27 AM, kakabel@... writes:
        >
        ><< Accidently picked up the box set of FY OVA's and am totally lost... @_@;
        >Haven't seen the original yet... stopped at Nuriko's Death.
        >Am *still* waiting for the next "Ceres" DVD...Am having too much fun with
        >that one..going "Oh it's Yuu! Tamahome with red hair...ect." >>
        >
        >Did they make the FY OVA for some other reason than to confuse ^_^??
        >
        >No, honestly ... the first part of the OVA has NOTHING to do wit the manga.
        >The Second part squishes last 8(?) volumes together, so again, you loose A
        >LOT of what went on. I'd LOVE to find an original copy of the "Manga
        >Escappes" that Tomodachi fansubbing did, since it has the last books in
        >full,
        >plus translation. Since Pioneer picked up the manga though, no one I know
        >of
        >has it, except the version where it's been edited out. Problem with
        >Pioneer
        >is how slow they're releasing the manga.... I figured it out once that by
        >the
        >time they got done I'd either be 36 or 40 (can't remember which). Still, t
        >hat's a bloody long time to wait to finish a series (of course, who's to
        >say
        >they'll even go any further than the part where the original anime ends)
        >=(.
        >
        >As to Ceres... I'm loving it, even if there aren't any Yuri elements. I'm
        >finding it to be a much more seductive series than FY. Watase truly
        >matured
        >as a story teller over the years doing that series, and that maturity and
        >ability really seems to breath in Ceres.
        >
        >-Eve

        No arguments from me on the story-telling aspect. BUt she kept her art style
        wayy to similar... that's why the "Red-headed Tamahome! Yuu as a boy!" type
        things!

        I'm glad that the first is *supposed* top confuse! I thought it was just
        beacuse I hadn't seen the whole thing! :)

        Erika =)~