Re: [Yuricon] Yuri Tengoku 2 review

  • MarcUBM Bocklet
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7 8:51 AM
      On Wed, 05 May 2004 19:58:38 -0000
      "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

      > The full review went up on Okazu (http://oakzu.blogspot.com) today,
      > but the bottom line is - bleah.
      >
      > Yuri Tengoku is not a mook, it's a slick doujinshi with big bucks
      > going into it...but the stories are *all* exactly the same schoolgirl
      > crush, repeated ad nauseum. The art is very loli, so the pervs in the
      > audience will like it, but with only one exception, it is unremarkable
      > in the extreme. The repeated storyline is very bland girl's love that
      > goes nowhere.

      Hmm, what I've always wondered is who the target audience of Yuri
      Tengoku / Yuri Shimai is?

      Can you enlighten me? :-)

      Oh, btw, although this is my first post, I have been lurking here for
      about four month. My name's Marc, hello everybody! :-)

      Bye
      Marc
    • Kun
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7 10:21 AM

        >> Hmm, what I've always wondered is who the target audience of Yuri
        Tengoku / Yuri Shimai is?

        >> Can you enlighten me? :-)

        My guess would be dirty old men ;p  Like Philip, for instance...

        >> Oh, btw, although this is my first post, I have been lurking here for
        about four month. My name's Marc, hello everybody! :-)

        Tsk tsk Marc...that's quite a long lurk.  Still, I suppose it's better than being a lurker for life...

        Kun
        -----'-,-{@
        Message 3 of 5 , May 7 1:36 PM
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Marc "UBM" Bocklet <ubm@u...> wrote:
          > On Wed, 05 May 2004 19:58:38 -0000

          > Hmm, what I've always wondered is who the target audience of Yuri
          > Tengoku / Yuri Shimai is?
          >
          > Can you enlighten me? :-)

          Nope. :-) Until we can get spies into the stores in Japan, we really
          don't have anyway of knowing.

          Women and men into girl's love, of indeterminate age, but probably
          adult (high school and older,) due to the lack of furigana on the
          kanji.

          > Oh, btw, although this is my first post, I have been lurking here
          for
          > about four month. My name's Marc, hello everybody! :-)

          Hi Marc! Welcome to the Yuricon ML!