Re: [Yuricon] I Me My Strawberry Egg a Shoujo Ai???

  • Trixterpriest@aol.com
    Message 1 of 39 , Dec 1, 2001
      > I just finished watching a couple episodes of I Me My Strawberry Egg. There
      > is a major Shoujo Ai aspect to it but one major problem... Let me explain.
      > There is this guy who is fresh out of teaching school and the only school he
      > can find will not allow any men to teach. There are a few Boys in the school
      > but the headmaster is slowly changing that. So what does this guy do he
      > dresses as a woman and becomes a teacher at the school. One of the girls
      > starts to fall in love with him/her... That is the confusing bit. The girl
      > hates the male version of the teacher (whom she keeps calling a pervert) but
      > loves the female (whom she doesn't realize is the same person) So where does
      > this anime fit? It reminds me a bit of Chirality but Carol could change her
      > entire form. What do you all think?
      >
      > ja
      >
      > Kat

      I think I'm going to have to go download this ;p

      Kun
      ----'-,-{@
      *does a little digisub dance*
    • Erika =)~
      Message 39 of 39 , Dec 10, 2001
        >From: evespomegranate@...
        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] I Me My Strawberry Egg a Shoujo Ai???
        >Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 01:58:00 EST
        >

        >In a message dated 12/6/01 6:39:27 AM, kakabel@... writes:
        >
        ><< Accidently picked up the box set of FY OVA's and am totally lost... @_@;
        >Haven't seen the original yet... stopped at Nuriko's Death.
        >Am *still* waiting for the next "Ceres" DVD...Am having too much fun with
        >that one..going "Oh it's Yuu! Tamahome with red hair...ect." >>
        >
        >Did they make the FY OVA for some other reason than to confuse ^_^??
        >
        >No, honestly ... the first part of the OVA has NOTHING to do wit the manga.
        >The Second part squishes last 8(?) volumes together, so again, you loose A
        >LOT of what went on. I'd LOVE to find an original copy of the "Manga
        >Escappes" that Tomodachi fansubbing did, since it has the last books in
        >full,
        >plus translation. Since Pioneer picked up the manga though, no one I know
        >of
        >has it, except the version where it's been edited out. Problem with
        >Pioneer
        >is how slow they're releasing the manga.... I figured it out once that by
        >the
        >time they got done I'd either be 36 or 40 (can't remember which). Still, t
        >hat's a bloody long time to wait to finish a series (of course, who's to
        >say
        >they'll even go any further than the part where the original anime ends)
        >=(.
        >
        >As to Ceres... I'm loving it, even if there aren't any Yuri elements. I'm
        >finding it to be a much more seductive series than FY. Watase truly
        >matured
        >as a story teller over the years doing that series, and that maturity and
        >ability really seems to breath in Ceres.
        >
        >-Eve

        No arguments from me on the story-telling aspect. BUt she kept her art style
        wayy to similar... that's why the "Red-headed Tamahome! Yuu as a boy!" type
        things!

        I'm glad that the first is *supposed* top confuse! I thought it was just
        beacuse I hadn't seen the whole thing! :)

        Erika =)~