I Me My Strawberry Egg a Shoujo Ai???

  • Kathryn Williams
    Message 1 of 39 , Dec 1, 2001
      I just finished watching a couple episodes of I Me My Strawberry Egg. There
      is a major Shoujo Ai aspect to it but one major problem... Let me explain.
      There is this guy who is fresh out of teaching school and the only school he
      can find will not allow any men to teach. There are a few Boys in the school
      but the headmaster is slowly changing that. So what does this guy do he
      dresses as a woman and becomes a teacher at the school. One of the girls
      starts to fall in love with him/her... That is the confusing bit. The girl
      hates the male version of the teacher (whom she keeps calling a pervert) but
      loves the female (whom she doesn't realize is the same person) So where does
      this anime fit? It reminds me a bit of Chirality but Carol could change her
      entire form. What do you all think?

      ja

      Kat
    • Erika =)~
      Message 39 of 39 , Dec 10, 2001
        >From: evespomegranate@...
        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] I Me My Strawberry Egg a Shoujo Ai???
        >Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 01:58:00 EST
        >

        >In a message dated 12/6/01 6:39:27 AM, kakabel@... writes:
        >
        ><< Accidently picked up the box set of FY OVA's and am totally lost... @_@;
        >Haven't seen the original yet... stopped at Nuriko's Death.
        >Am *still* waiting for the next "Ceres" DVD...Am having too much fun with
        >that one..going "Oh it's Yuu! Tamahome with red hair...ect." >>
        >
        >Did they make the FY OVA for some other reason than to confuse ^_^??
        >
        >No, honestly ... the first part of the OVA has NOTHING to do wit the manga.
        >The Second part squishes last 8(?) volumes together, so again, you loose A
        >LOT of what went on. I'd LOVE to find an original copy of the "Manga
        >Escappes" that Tomodachi fansubbing did, since it has the last books in
        >full,
        >plus translation. Since Pioneer picked up the manga though, no one I know
        >of
        >has it, except the version where it's been edited out. Problem with
        >Pioneer
        >is how slow they're releasing the manga.... I figured it out once that by
        >the
        >time they got done I'd either be 36 or 40 (can't remember which). Still, t
        >hat's a bloody long time to wait to finish a series (of course, who's to
        >say
        >they'll even go any further than the part where the original anime ends)
        >=(.
        >
        >As to Ceres... I'm loving it, even if there aren't any Yuri elements. I'm
        >finding it to be a much more seductive series than FY. Watase truly
        >matured
        >as a story teller over the years doing that series, and that maturity and
        >ability really seems to breath in Ceres.
        >
        >-Eve

        No arguments from me on the story-telling aspect. BUt she kept her art style
        wayy to similar... that's why the "Red-headed Tamahome! Yuu as a boy!" type
        things!

        I'm glad that the first is *supposed* top confuse! I thought it was just
        beacuse I hadn't seen the whole thing! :)

        Erika =)~