Guilty Retraction - Monster

  • donnaneely
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2004
      I must retract my support for Monster as a, totally non-yuri, but
      excellent anime. I dont need to watch any longer to realize I dropped
      into a worldview where women are ONLY subservient, childishly-voiced,
      servants OR myopically and grotesquely self-serving harpys. (The
      difference seeming to be defined by class or age.)

      I cant in good conscience recommend any show that portrays a modern
      universe but where real women dont even exist. No matter how well it
      is illustrated or the story is told. I suspect if I would have read
      the much awarded manga I would have known this earlier. Oh well.

      Side Note: sorry to the list for posting so frequently...my only
      excuse...i recently secured a much better job: shorter hours, and
      more pay. Hence I can addictively pursue MY pleasures instead of the
      Man's. And hence my devouring of much more anime and purging of
      comments about such.

      as always, appreciative of the tolerant audience, donnaneely
    • Tim II
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2004
        Frequent posting is smiled apon on this list.

        Sincer,

        Tim II- Challenger