Manga project

  • kethla@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 78 , Nov 4, 2001
      Yay! I thought I was banned from the ALC ML for awhile yesterday.
      I'm glad to know that's not the case. ^_^

      I asked if there were any upaired authors out there several hours
      before the list crashed, so I don't know if I got a response. Well,
      actually one person did respond, but she already has a artist, kinda,
      and now I have a author, kinda. ;_;

      Is anyone else interested?

      Samples of my art:

      http://www.geocities.com/kethla/samplepics.html

      If you're interested please respond!

      Oh and I'm glad to see the list has been revived! Wai! Thankies to
      Erica for adding me to the Yuricon ML. :D

      ~Heather
    • Menagi Starnigh
      Message 78 of 78 , Nov 8, 2001

        >From: "Katerina E."

        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Manga project
        >Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 06:06:33 -0000
        >
        >--- In Yuricon@y..., "Menagi Starnigh" wrote:
        > > *laugh* Anime Expo 2002 held in Long Beach, California. It's July
        > > 4th -July 7th. Be prepared to do a lot of walking. It's a nice
        > > area tho; same place as last year. I had a blast, I dunno about
        > > anyone else...
        >
        >You guys had got me to thinking about flying out for AX, but I figure
        >that, between airfare, hotel, registration, and spending cash, I
        >would have to save up a MINIMUM of $1000 for the trip! And that's
        >taking the really cheap JetBlue airfare.

        Well, I'd say if you get a big group together and split the cost of a room, you could get away with $1000 as a max.   Just set up an email for everyone who's broke and needs to room together.  The rooms at the Hyatt are $135 a night.  If you split the cost say 4 or 5 ways, it can make it affordable.

        My flight out there was $250 round trip last year.  If you buy it in advance, that's not too shabby for round trip, non-stop airfare from Florida.   On Delta, no less.

        Yes, it's expensive.  But, to me, it was worth it.  Of course, I've been scrimping since July, so I'll just barely squeek by with enough cash.  *grins*  My costumes alone are costing me about $200.

        I need a second job...

        Jya matta ne!
        Menagi-chan