The not Blue at all Daphne of the Brilliant - 7

  • donnaneely
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 29 4:06 AM
      This was a very amusing episode if nothing else. But again, no Yuri
      nor potential Yuri in my opinion. Anyone else see something I am
      missing here?
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 29 4:45 AM
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "donnaneely" <donnaneely@y...> wrote:

        > This was a very amusing episode if nothing else. But again, no Yuri
        > nor potential Yuri in my opinion. Anyone else see something I am
        > missing here?

        I'm not seeing anything either, and it has failed to even amuse me so
        far. I'm giving it one more episode to be anything at all and then
        giving up.

      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 29 11:47 AM
          On Apr 29, 2004, at 7:45 AM, atheniag wrote:

          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "donnaneely" <donnaneely@y...> wrote:
          >
          >> This was a very amusing episode if nothing else. But again, no Yuri
          >> nor potential Yuri in my opinion. Anyone else see something I am
          >> missing here?
          >
          > I'm not seeing anything either, and it has failed to even amuse me so
          > far. I'm giving it one more episode to be anything at all and then
          > giving up.

          Well, here we have conclusive proof that the recommendation thing does
          not work both ways, apparently. Also, that I confuse subtext with
          projecting and vice versa ;)

          -==-
          Serge
          Like a bird watcher who can only spot birds in the pet store.
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 30 5:44 AM

            > Well, here we have conclusive proof that the recommendation thing
            does
            > not work both ways, apparently. Also, that I confuse subtext with
            > projecting and vice versa ;)

            Don't take it personally! :-) I've dropped a bunch of new series
            already, due to boredom. I give Dillon the recommendation award for
            insisting I watch Planetes, which is very much like a kind of
            Patlabor-in-space...ie., it's about the people, not the things. I'm
            really bummed about Claire right now, though. I wanted her and Hakim
            to get together, but not this way.

          • Iczer6@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 30 8:53 AM
              In a message dated 4/30/2004 7:18:34 AM Eastern Standard Time, Yuricon@yahoogroups.com writes:

              This was a very amusing episode if nothing else. But again, no Yuri
              nor potential Yuri in my opinion. Anyone else see something I am
              missing here?

              I'm watching for the hot girls in those....outfits.

              As for yuri well I think there could be something between our lead and the ex-con character, and just about all the gals working for Neres seem to have a *thing* for their redheaded leader.

              [Okay that thing is that they want to kill her, but still, since when did the desire to kill each interfer with True Love?]

              Icz
            • Chalcahuite
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 30 9:02 AM
                On Apr 30, 2004, at 8:44 AM, atheniag wrote:

                > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@i...> wrote:
                >

                >> Well, here we have conclusive proof that the recommendation thing
                > does
                >> not work both ways, apparently. Also, that I confuse subtext with
                >> projecting and vice versa ;)
                >

                > Don't take it personally! :-)

                Absolutely not. It just means I have to raise my standards, at least
                for things I'm going to recommend, I guess.

                > I've dropped a bunch of new series
                > already, due to boredom. I give Dillon the recommendation award for
                > insisting I watch Planetes, which is very much like a kind of
                > Patlabor-in-space...ie., it's about the people, not the things. I'm
                > really bummed about Claire right now, though. I wanted her and Hakim
                > to get together, but not this way.

                I need to play catch up with this series, I'm behind about 3 episodes
                now. But, yes, this is a really fine series and I'm enjoying it
                immensely.

                -==-
                Serge
              • Reese
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 30 9:43 AM
                  At 12:44 PM 4/30/2004 +0000, you wrote:
                  >Patlabor-in-space...ie., it's about the people, not the things. I'm
                  >really bummed about Claire right now, though. I wanted her and Hakim
                  >to get together, but not this way.

                  Truthfully I very much like Planetes, though I'm a space geek and have been
                  since Echo went into orbit. However it is certainly not a series for those
                  only interested in sex or coupling, as there is little of that and in most
                  instances only implied. It is however extremely interesting to the space
                  geek. For the first time ever a series where on the moon there are no
                  sound effects outside the atmosphere.

                  Unfortunately, though there are 26 episodes, I have only been able to
                  locate up to #24 and it is a cliff hanger and a half. I'm still searching
                  for 25 & 26.
                • donnaneely
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 30 2:18 PM
                    > On Apr 30, 2004, at 8:44 AM, atheniag wrote:

                    > >> Well, here we have conclusive proof that the recommendation thing
                    > > does not work both ways, apparently. Also, that I confuse subtext
                    >>>with projecting and vice versa ;)

                    > > Don't take it personally! :-)
                    >
                    > Absolutely not. It just means I have to raise my standards, at
                    > least for things I'm going to recommend, I guess.

                    <clip>

                    > Serge

                    I say recommend whatever you like. Yuri is in the eye of the
                    beholder. And it leads to discussions here which is the point I
                    suspect. If you see it and it makes your viewing more pleasurable -
                    have at it. Besides I am very willing to be steered through the
                    morass of anime dregs that seem to be out there lately. Especially by
                    folks I respect.

                    regards, donnaneely
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 30 2:24 PM
                      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "donnaneely" <donnaneely@y...> wrote:

                      > > Absolutely not. It just means I have to raise my standards, at
                      > > least for things I'm going to recommend, I guess.
                      >
                      > <clip>
                      >
                      > > Serge
                      >
                      > I say recommend whatever you like. Yuri is in the eye of the
                      > beholder. And it leads to discussions here which is the point I
                      > suspect. If you see it and it makes your viewing more pleasurable -
                      > have at it. Besides I am very willing to be steered through the
                      > morass of anime dregs that seem to be out there lately. Especially
                      by
                      > folks I respect.

                      Agreed! Just 'cause *I* don't like something doesn't mean others
                      won't...and there are plenty of series that I like that other people
                      think suck. LOL

                    • Chalcahuite
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 30 2:53 PM
                        On Apr 30, 2004, at 5:24 PM, atheniag wrote:

                        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "donnaneely" <donnaneely@y...> wrote:
                        >
                        >>> Absolutely not. It just means I have to raise my standards, at
                        >>> least for things I'm going to recommend, I guess.
                        >>
                        >> <clip>
                        >>
                        >>> Serge
                        >>
                        >> I say recommend whatever you like. Yuri is in the eye of the
                        >> beholder. And it leads to discussions here which is the point I
                        >> suspect. If you see it and it makes your viewing more pleasurable -
                        >> have at it. Besides I am very willing to be steered through the
                        >> morass of anime dregs that seem to be out there lately. Especially
                        > by
                        >> folks I respect.
                        >
                        > Agreed! Just 'cause *I* don't like something doesn't mean others
                        > won't...and there are plenty of series that I like that other people
                        > think suck. LOL

                        OK, no standards raising here then. ;)

                        -==-
                        Serge
                      • shenotski
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 30 11:39 PM
                          I like everything i see and i beleave that puts me on a higher level
                          then somone who dosent like anything at all. j/k