Rumor mill was Re: summary of Marimite ep 13

  • mellowrg
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 3, 2004
      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atua101" <atua@i...> wrote:
      >

      > > > I've been out of the loop - do we know that a second season is
      in
      > > > the offing?
      > > >

      > > There's no offical announcement yet, but it seems that Ali Project
      > > let
      > > the cat out of the bag when they announced on their website that
      > > they'll be working on the background music for Marimite season 2.
      > The
      > > announcement has since been changed.
      >
      > So, no real confirmation, then. I remember the announcement, but
      I'm a
      > skeptical lass, and one off-hand reference does not a second season
      > make. Funimation said about three times that they had the rights to
      > One Piece, but just announced this winter that they really don't,
      > sorry, our bad. :-)

      Mari-mite has a history of letting cats out of the bag. Sometimes I
      wonder if it's intentional or not.

      Shiori's voice actress once confirmed in her blog that Shiori would
      make an appearance in episodes 10 and 11, only to change that entry
      hours later.

      The voice actress for Sei's onee-sama did the same, and "corrected"
      her blog hours later.

      Likewise, Ali-Project confirmed they were working on season two in
      their blog, but they later changed it to "a certain anime" hours
      later.

      Regardless, considering it's solid ratings, I would say that let's
      just go by logic and say season 2nd will come eventually.
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 3, 2004
        >From: "mellowrg" <cyfith@...>

        >Mari-mite has a history of letting cats out of the bag. Sometimes I
        >wonder if it's intentional or not.

        LOL

        >Regardless, considering it's solid ratings, I would say that let's
        >just go by logic and say season 2nd will come eventually.

        I'll certainly hope so!

        Persistent heartburn? Check out Digestive Health & Wellness for information
        and advice. http://gerd.msn.com/default.asp
      • barahime@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3, 2004
          > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atua101"

          > Shiori's voice actress once confirmed in her blog
          > that Shiori would
          > make an appearance in episodes 10 and 11, only to
          > change that entry
          > hours later.

          Out of curiosity, who is Shiori's seiyuu (and the
          seiyuu for Shizuka and Mifuyu, for that matter)? I
          haven't been able to find the information anywhere,
          and the seiyuu fangirl in me is crying out to know!

          Speaking of which, here's something I found while
          searching for said information that I thought I'd
          share: Marimite window sitters! These are, for those
          that don't know, cute little animated figures that
          'sit' on the topmost open window you have on your
          computer, so you can watch Sei blow kisses or Yumi
          make funny faces while you work. There are ten of
          them, all the Roses and their soeurs plus Tsutako
          Shizuka, and they're at
          http://kurumi.sakura.ne.jp/~chimari/macopix/dl-e.html

          ~Nanchan
          *keeping her fingers crossed for a second season*

        • mellowrg
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 3, 2004
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "barahime@y..." <barahime@y...> wrote:

            > Out of curiosity, who is Shiori's seiyuu (and the
            > seiyuu for Shizuka and Mifuyu, for that matter)? I
            > haven't been able to find the information anywhere,
            > and the seiyuu fangirl in me is crying out to know!

            Shiori's voice actress is Nakagawa Akiko:
            http://sdb.noppo.com/akiko_n.htm

            Shizuka's voice actress is only listed as Rino. It's obviously a
            pseudonym, which leads me to believe that she's actually a songstress
            in real life too.
          • barahime@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 3, 2004
              --- mellowrg <cyfith@...> wrote:
              > Shiori's voice actress is Nakagawa Akiko:
              > http://sdb.noppo.com/akiko_n.htm
              >
              > Shizuka's voice actress is only listed as Rino. It's
              > obviously a
              > pseudonym, which leads me to believe that she's
              > actually a songstress
              > in real life too.

              Ah, thanks so much for the info! Rino I actually know
              of; she's a frequent collaborator with pop singer
              CooRie (or maybe just another alias of CooRie's) and
              has done a few songs for Da Capo. But her vocals in
              those songs are so light and poppy that I'd never have
              matched Shizuka's sultry voice to her. Here's hoping
              she does more acting in the future ^_-

              ~Nanchan