Re: summary of Marimite ep 13

  • atua101
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2004

      SPOILERS FOR EP 13

      > >Shizuka says to Shimako, "If Rosa Gigantea didn't exist, we might
      have
      > >become soeurs. But Rosa Gigantea exists." Then Shimako says, "We
      both
      > >care for her greatly." Then Shizuka asks if Shimako likes the song
      "Ave
      > >Maria," and when Shimako says yes, she proceeds to sing the
      Bach/Gounoud
      > >version of it (in latin, but not with the usual "Ave Maria" prayer
      > >lyrics... O_o Also a friend of mine mentioned that it is actually
      the
      > >seiyuu for Shizuka who is singing and not an outside singer. Wow!)

      I loved Shizuka's seiyuu's singing in the Rosa Canina arc, so I'm
      really happy to hear that she'll be doing it again this ep. ^^

      > I've been out of the loop - do we know that a second season is in
      the
      > offing?

      There's no offical announcement yet, but it seems that Ali Project
      let
      the cat out of the bag when they announced on their website that
      they'll be working on the background music for Marimite season 2. The
      announcement has since been changed.

      ~atua
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 3, 2004
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atua101" <atua@i...> wrote:

        > > I've been out of the loop - do we know that a second season is in
        > > the offing?
        > >

        > There's no offical announcement yet, but it seems that Ali Project
        > let
        > the cat out of the bag when they announced on their website that
        > they'll be working on the background music for Marimite season 2.
        The
        > announcement has since been changed.

        So, no real confirmation, then. I remember the announcement, but I'm a
        skeptical lass, and one off-hand reference does not a second season
        make. Funimation said about three times that they had the rights to
        One Piece, but just announced this winter that they really don't,
        sorry, our bad. :-)

      • mellowrg
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3, 2004
          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atua101" <atua@i...> wrote:
          >

          > > > I've been out of the loop - do we know that a second season is
          in
          > > > the offing?
          > > >

          > > There's no offical announcement yet, but it seems that Ali Project
          > > let
          > > the cat out of the bag when they announced on their website that
          > > they'll be working on the background music for Marimite season 2.
          > The
          > > announcement has since been changed.
          >
          > So, no real confirmation, then. I remember the announcement, but
          I'm a
          > skeptical lass, and one off-hand reference does not a second season
          > make. Funimation said about three times that they had the rights to
          > One Piece, but just announced this winter that they really don't,
          > sorry, our bad. :-)

          Mari-mite has a history of letting cats out of the bag. Sometimes I
          wonder if it's intentional or not.

          Shiori's voice actress once confirmed in her blog that Shiori would
          make an appearance in episodes 10 and 11, only to change that entry
          hours later.

          The voice actress for Sei's onee-sama did the same, and "corrected"
          her blog hours later.

          Likewise, Ali-Project confirmed they were working on season two in
          their blog, but they later changed it to "a certain anime" hours
          later.

          Regardless, considering it's solid ratings, I would say that let's
          just go by logic and say season 2nd will come eventually.
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 3, 2004
            >From: "mellowrg" <cyfith@...>

            >Mari-mite has a history of letting cats out of the bag. Sometimes I
            >wonder if it's intentional or not.

            LOL

            >Regardless, considering it's solid ratings, I would say that let's
            >just go by logic and say season 2nd will come eventually.

            I'll certainly hope so!

            Persistent heartburn? Check out Digestive Health & Wellness for information
            and advice. http://gerd.msn.com/default.asp
          • barahime@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 3, 2004
              > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atua101"

              > Shiori's voice actress once confirmed in her blog
              > that Shiori would
              > make an appearance in episodes 10 and 11, only to
              > change that entry
              > hours later.

              Out of curiosity, who is Shiori's seiyuu (and the
              seiyuu for Shizuka and Mifuyu, for that matter)? I
              haven't been able to find the information anywhere,
              and the seiyuu fangirl in me is crying out to know!

              Speaking of which, here's something I found while
              searching for said information that I thought I'd
              share: Marimite window sitters! These are, for those
              that don't know, cute little animated figures that
              'sit' on the topmost open window you have on your
              computer, so you can watch Sei blow kisses or Yumi
              make funny faces while you work. There are ten of
              them, all the Roses and their soeurs plus Tsutako
              Shizuka, and they're at
              http://kurumi.sakura.ne.jp/~chimari/macopix/dl-e.html

              ~Nanchan
              *keeping her fingers crossed for a second season*

            • mellowrg
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 3, 2004
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "barahime@y..." <barahime@y...> wrote:

                > Out of curiosity, who is Shiori's seiyuu (and the
                > seiyuu for Shizuka and Mifuyu, for that matter)? I
                > haven't been able to find the information anywhere,
                > and the seiyuu fangirl in me is crying out to know!

                Shiori's voice actress is Nakagawa Akiko:
                http://sdb.noppo.com/akiko_n.htm

                Shizuka's voice actress is only listed as Rino. It's obviously a
                pseudonym, which leads me to believe that she's actually a songstress
                in real life too.
              • barahime@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 3, 2004
                  --- mellowrg <cyfith@...> wrote:
                  > Shiori's voice actress is Nakagawa Akiko:
                  > http://sdb.noppo.com/akiko_n.htm
                  >
                  > Shizuka's voice actress is only listed as Rino. It's
                  > obviously a
                  > pseudonym, which leads me to believe that she's
                  > actually a songstress
                  > in real life too.

                  Ah, thanks so much for the info! Rino I actually know
                  of; she's a frequent collaborator with pop singer
                  CooRie (or maybe just another alias of CooRie's) and
                  has done a few songs for Da Capo. But her vocals in
                  those songs are so light and poppy that I'd never have
                  matched Shizuka's sultry voice to her. Here's hoping
                  she does more acting in the future ^_-

                  ~Nanchan